What happened?

What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8nzTjJXOI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

too many Brits.

Not enough fast black lads

That team was just as successful as the current team.

So shut up.

Who else reckons that team would have won Euro 2016?

It actually makes me sad to think about how we genuinely good players. Look at that back 4, world class centre halves, probably the best left back in the world. Beckham, Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard in midfield. That's why even though we won fuck all at least we would get to the quarters and go out on penalties after a spirited, competitive performance. Now we have people like Woy in charge of overpaid, 2nd rate dogshit players going out in the group stages and losing to minnows like Iceland in some of the worst performances I've ever seen from an England team.

>2004
Refballed
>2006
Rooney being an idiot

Everyone of those players were world class at their peak except for David James.

To be fair to Englel, at least back then they regularly made the QFs. There's no shame in going out to eventual winners Brazil, in 2002. Losing QFs to Portugal in 2004 and 2006 on penalties also isn't disgraceful.

They were certainly better than Englel now - who haven't won a knock out game in literally a decade.

>Playing Scholes on the left wing

I'm still mad

Gerrard and Lampard played together in England's midfield from 2004 up until 2010 and not once did it work. It's fucking unbelievable, and i wanna know if it was down to spineless/moronic managers or pressure from the FA to play both.

> be me, britbong
> Believe BPL is the worlds greatest thing and that a Swansea and Stoke players are world class
> TheonlyspanishworldclassplayerisTorres.jpg
> Win nothing in europe for several years despite having the richest clubs and spending billions in transfers
> Best players in the league are all foreigners

Hurdur why can't I win anything? Why are our managers shit? Why is Rooney playing in midfield?

That jersey looked great
they don't make them like that anymore

Who would get into the 04 team lads?

fuck that team was good, apart from James of course

Wilshere, Hart and Vardy but that's it

James was so bad Hart would replace him, but that's pretty much the only player that would be an upgrade

I want to say Hart, but he's seems just as error prone as James.

you can tell this person goes on reddit

david "too much playstation" james

come back sven we're sorry

what did he mean by this

youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8nzTjJXOI

>world class

Every time

Lost to poortugal

England is the equivalent of the HSV. Past their long gone glory, irrelevant ever since but successfully maintaining their delusion of grandeur.

>Beckham - 1x Ballon d'Or runner-up, 2x FIFA WPOTY runner-up, UEFA CFOTY x1
>Lampard - 1x Ballon d'Or runner-up, UEFA MOTY x1
>Owen - Ballon d'Or winner
>A.Cole - UEFA TOTY x2
>Gerrard - Ballon d'Or top 3, FIFA World XI x3, UEFA TOTY x3, UEFA CFOTY x1, CL Final MOTM
>Terry - UEFA DOTY x3, UEFA TOTY x4, FIFPro World XI x5
>Campbell - TOTT WC 02 & Euro 04
etc.

They were all objectively world class in their primes apart from D.James. Neville was perhaps just a level below world class, but still the best RB of the PL era.

I'm actually kinda sad for the gk, it wasn't really his fault

great videogame team t.bh.

This. Loved them in PES 03 and 04 along with Italy and Brazil

>all those £50m players

too warm

Definitely Hart
I'd say Vardy as well but meh that would definitely not be an upgrade considering the 04 squad consisted in young Owen and Rooney

Scholes played on the left wing for Fergie sucessfully during the 2002 season, cant blame Sven for trying desu

>Wilshere

Shearer retired and it became the shitty team in that picture

This is a meme

>No, [playing out of position] was never a problem. I played on the left for United I don’t know how many times. I probably had my most successful time scoring goals in that position so it was never a problem.” When Jamie Carragher admitted that it mattered more to him when Liverpool lost then it did with England, it confirmed the suspicion that some players had much deeper bonds of loyalty to their club.

Straight from Scholes

>Owen - Ballon d'Or winner

What a travesty. One of the worst award fuck ups in any sport

> be british
> think every player of my national team is world class even though they are reserves at stoke or watford
> somehow qualify and win a couple of friendlies
> fail miserably

Every single time

hahahaha

It probably would have. We lost out on penalties after an even game with a Portugal side that was far better than the one that just won the Euro. The state of international football right now is dire.

the delusion never ceases with the english, doesn't it?

lol that tru touh
>englets when will they ever learn

>his country can't even qualify for the shittiest euro ever, even after they extended the number teams
>thinks he can talk shit

>ywn see a midfield of Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard and Beckham again

This team was so stacked top to bottom

Young Owen and Rooney were genuine forces of nature back then too(especially because they weren't your typical meme striker that you guys always end up playing hoof the ball to)

EPL was a great, great league back then

If you guys had based Jurgen back then you would have won at least one trophy. Literally the only thing this team needed was to play to win, and not to not lose

World Champion here.

You are delusional.