How do we save the humanities Sup Forums?

How do we save the humanities Sup Forums?

Especially when they are under constant barrage from stoners and STEMlords

make art and literature that is original and interesting.

It doesn't seem like that is enough these days

life on earth will soon get destroyed

It is, and right now the barrier to entry for creatives is really low. It's hard to stand out, but you can carve a niche if you try.

Anti-STEM meme thread?

>Anti-STEM meme thread?
I do not think a pro feminist thread will fly here.

Yeah but I think we both know who really runs the show

Have an outlet for art and literature that allows people to make a living.

Lmao and how do you propose this? Especially when it's not fashionable in the art community to make anything above the ability of a drug induced chimpanzee?

yeah your right, it's all about appealing to lowest common denominator. But I believe this is the main reason people don't pursue the arts/humanities. Nassim Taleb says literary writers and artists should have a menial job that allows energy and time to focus on your main interest.

It is already pandering to the lowest possible "intellectual" movement.

what's that

Post modernism

yeah fuck that shit

This depresses me so very much these people are so open yet close minded. Philosophy is what started and kept science moving forward. Once people stop thinking deeper and going beyond what know. Our future stops that seems to be what science is now stupid people trying not to get one upped. They are stuck in technical books and fields that tell them what and how things are. So when anyone tries to ask a few questions or pose a few ideas they get desegregated. From what I can tell humanity is getting close to both a new renascence and dark ages. This is mostly because of progressive ideologies being so imbedded in our education systems. The Internet though has opened the door to infinite ideas and possiblities. Still the progressives are trying to take over and control that space as well. In the end truth will always win over lies ignorance and stupidity but that might take not only our bit our children's lifetimes. I'm hopeful for the best and preparing for the worst.

Scientism

Yeah here is a more accurate look and ideology of your typical liberal arts student

see this

because science has reached the crux of its social backup and these people are so empowered that now they feel like the central authority that can dictate what is literature or scholarship and what is not, just like every other intellectual institution that has ever existed

now its their turn, and of course they are going to act like assholes, they can't burn people on the stake, so they try to burn them in publicity

The people who make fake money and use it to buy politicians media and education systems are the ones who run the show.

>implying that these newfag pop scientist have a combined mind capacity of even one of the elders of modern science

While I agree with your overall sentiment, I think you are a bit misguided in some ways.

First, you don't really need much (if any) philosophy or epistemology to do basic scientific research. Your gripe about scientists Stuck in their own little world of technical jargon and literature I feel really only applies to undergraduates who really don't touch any epistemology aside from the basics of the scientific method and principles of empiricisn. But why would they? As I said earlier you really don't need any if that to do basic scientific research. I feel that, so long as the folks doing the real theoretical research are familiar with the limitations and what not of science, then that should be good enough. Plus, you guys haven't given us much reason to take your critiques very seriously when shit like Derrida and all of those other nut jobs gets published