I'm so fucking down it's incredible. can't believe i'd reach such a point...

i'm so fucking down it's incredible. can't believe i'd reach such a point, but i'm one event from contemplating suicide by now...i need the most absolutely miserable music. red house painters, low, carissa's weird, etc.. people who killed themselves like nick drake are welcome too, just vomit them up ill add them all to a playlist

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LNJKL_6MwT0
youtube.com/watch?v=O-g5JH7Hs2A
youtube.com/watch?v=Gn2eR7Xq4KM
youtube.com/watch?v=ON4-iRj7Z4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=RCJ8Qq6A8mk
youtube.com/watch?v=XHRt6molB8A
youtube.com/watch?v=LNu9JuURXL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why are you trying to make yourself even more depressed

Say no more family
youtube.com/watch?v=LNJKL_6MwT0

tell us what happened OP.
Have some Xiu Xiu:
youtube.com/watch?v=O-g5JH7Hs2A

This is just a pathetic whiny breakup record, it's really fucking shit.

Codeine - Frigid Stars.

Having the motivation to listen to music or do anything usually means you're not depressed.

You don't need motivation to passively consume music, this meme needs to die. People listen to sad music for catharsis, enjoyment is only secondary.

what fucking album is this i have been wondering forever and ive never seen the title anywhere

Patron Saint of Sucking Dick

from personal experience when I cut my self and my gf called 911 to save me
that whole day I didn't want to listen to any music or even get out of bed besides grabbing a knife

then again everybody is different. but if somebody can make a thread on Sup Forums i don't think hes close to killing himself

fair enough buddy
just saying that listening to music really requires no effort or motivation at all.
What is your experience with sad music like Red House Painters, Xiu Xiu etc.? Does it help sometimes? Or do you avoid those like the plague?

thx for nothing m8

>What is your experience with sad music like Red House Painters, Xiu Xiu etc.
I love those albums but I've listen to them so much and have read everything about both of those artists(interviews, influences) that its more of a things will get better experience for me.

still love listening to songs like thisyoutube.com/watch?v=Gn2eR7Xq4KM and slowdive
but atm when I feel like im slipping back into that feeling I just meditate as cliche as it sounds. it really works

Holy shit, are you me? I've literally done the exact same thing with Mark Kozelek and Jamie Stewart. I still don't really get Kozelek, he seems so delusional and vulnerable at the same time and on his newer SKM albums his life and his family seem really functional to me. I never really understood how he reached a point at his life where he could record Colorful Hill and Rollercoaster and just move on. I mean Jamie Stewart has a terribly painful history but you can easily trace where his lyrics come from.

Sorry. | Patron Saint of Bridge Burners

youtube.com/watch?v=ON4-iRj7Z4Q
One of the best acoustic covers you'll hear, dark and mournful

listen to this if you haven't already youtube.com/watch?v=RCJ8Qq6A8mk
explains how hes been able to move on. Tho i still relate more towards jamie

I've heard that one but there is some history with drug addiction that I still can't really understand. Apparently he had to go to rehab when he was 14.

Not him, but music like this helps me. It doesn't make me feel sad, it's just comfortable.
And depression is more feeling nothing than sad, so I like things that illicit actual emotions.

Mark's a weird dude hopefully he'll write a book one day.

Yes you do

Lot of the lyrics in pic related will fit the bill (lyricist killed himself) though the music is more straightforward (but good) alt rock.

true catharsis requires capacity for pleasure. if op is suicidally depressed, he's more than likely experiencing some degree of anhedonia. tl;dr OP shouldn't be holing up in his room listening to music but getting psychiatric help.

Why is this album a meme on Sup Forums but not known anywhere else?

youtube.com/watch?v=XHRt6molB8A

true catharsis requires capacity for pleasure. assuming op is actually suicidally depressed, he's more than likely experiencing some degree of anhedonia. tl;dr OP shouldn't be holing up in his room listening to music but getting psychiatric help or he could listen to deathprod.

Weighing Souls with Sand is an album that absolutely crushes me when I listen to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=LNu9JuURXL8