I just want to rant a little bit and im sure its old hat by now but fuck it

I just want to rant a little bit and im sure its old hat by now but fuck it

The Simpsons is my favorite show of all time. In its prime it was the absolute best sitcom. The series had some of the best wit, satire, and social commentary thats ever been on television. The humor all came from a place of genuineness. It did so much to make you connect with the characters without hitting you over the head with it. Back in its prime it did literally everything right. Literally.

Since after season 12 (yes i know it started rapidly going to shit after 9 but im a nostalgia fag for 10-12) all of that was gone. And ever since its just getting more and more painful to see. Ive always compared it to a good friend rotting away on meth or some shit. Knowing what they used to be is nothing like they are now. That theyre already dead and youre just waiting to hear about the withered body of your old friend being found in some abandoned building.

I know this is blog post faggotry but i wanted to see if anyone agreed with how i see things

Also Simpsons gen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j12edtewik0
youtube.com/watch?v=jO2Fj8V9OrA
youtube.com/watch?v=uAf_tMxc2RA
youtu.be/eFAvOcuJyHY
youtu.be/GeJA2qL8jB4
youtube.com/watch?v=yj6zILj5tZs&list=PL5574C4EC3B13C827&index=41
youtube.com/watch?v=i2EnMLUCwnI
youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA
youtube.com/watch?v=pkXc3OkHc9M
youtu.be/DEKyoBxXcHk
youtube.com/watch?v=vfGAleaUa2o
youtube.com/watch?v=mXlyYSNAACM
youtube.com/watch?v=DtJ28qOEG1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lift "22 Short Films" from S7 and place it as the S8 finale and end the show there. You now have the greatest comedy series of all time, for all time.

People would have had their balls in a twist with it going out on top but if they knew what it would become I think they would understand

Post favorite episode

People would have been livid if that had happened...

youtu.be/j12edtewik0

youtube.com/watch?v=jO2Fj8V9OrA

This would have been great, except maybe even Season 2 - Season 8. Season 1 was a beginning and all shows have to start somewhere, but it's so different from what it became, even in the golden years.

youtube.com/watch?v=uAf_tMxc2RA

youtu.be/eFAvOcuJyHY

>that reddit formatting

I mentioned my known faggotry

However i dont see you disagreeing with me

New Simpsons is fine, take off the rose tinted glasses for once.

The load bearing poster always got me

My life as a child was centred around the simpsons

From the age of 6 through to 18 I watched at least 1 episode every day

Never met anyone as devoted as me apart from 1 gf but she was casual in comparison. She didn't even acknowledge the decline in quality

Name one improvement from how the show used to be until now

maybe the simpsons reflects the time period and the world has been shit for the past 16 years.

gr8 b8 m8.

Same with me

Its nearly shameful how much i know about this show

youtu.be/GeJA2qL8jB4

It seems like the early Simpsons tried to reach for small lessons, concluding in a sharply drawn moral that allowed a character to mature somewhat.

>cement mixer full of hope and some cement

It might as well have been the 2000s, you stupid redditor piece of shit.

GOAT episode.

The rate of high quality jokes within a cohesive overarching plot has never been matched.

say what you want but I think early modern family and early simpsons are quite similar

>small lessons
>great family feels
>endearing characters

and just like the simpsons it went to shit when they started loading it with socially conscious crap

That's not a sentence, you stupid piece of shit.

seems theres a lot more clips on youtube these days

Anyone ever read those Simpsons comics? Only comics I ever read.

I once got an entered drawing published in one of the editions.

embrace it bro. it's the greatest show of all time and one of the best to have been obsessed with

i just hope one day if i have kids that they can watch and enjoy it too

>catch a glance at a simpsons episode beginning on TV
>couch gag was them on smart phones bumping into each other, and back to their phones while on the floor
Is that what's considered funny?

youtube.com/watch?v=yj6zILj5tZs&list=PL5574C4EC3B13C827&index=41
GOAT music of any show ever

fite me

nice try pleb
youtube.com/watch?v=i2EnMLUCwnI

Character design.

i read the bongo comics, not the newspapers ones

Totally embraced bro

There is a situation literally every day where theres a relevant quote. i say it half the time and just think it the other half

Lisa

Just meant all the music on the show

Modern Family has always been overly-sentimental and ham fisted. They close every episode with a contrived, saccharine lesson learned by one of the characters, with manipulative music in the background. Completely lacking in 90s Simpsons edge.

patrician then

youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA

I hate every ape i see, from chimpan-a to chimpan-z

This is quite possibly the greatest line in television history.

When will this show end? Its just chasing stats right now

favourite moment?

youtube.com/watch?v=pkXc3OkHc9M

Hey I just got here, what's going on?

First question: where is the fife.

Second Question: Give me the fife.

The Simpsons was a show I was obsessed with as a child, loved everything about it, glad to see others share that same love.
Some episodes have made me cry.

seeyoutu.be/DEKyoBxXcHk

This also has a special place in my heart for some stupid reason

Fair point, it never felt too contrived in the earlier seasons to me (later it's literally scrubs-tier) but now that I think about it they had these moments in S1 in the simpsons, didn't they? I might be wrong cause I haven't seen S1 in maybe 6 years though

youtube.com/watch?v=vfGAleaUa2o

Just how they redid the ending credits music makes me well up still

Yes it is. It has a subject and a verb and everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=mXlyYSNAACM

best moment of the episode

Don't worry ma'am, I'll save your cat!

I think most everyone on Sup Forums feels this way to some degree, even if we disagree on what exact episode or season it went to shit. It tears me up to think that the Simpsons have been utter shit for two thirds of its entire time on the air.

Reminder that pic related is the most memorable thing to have happened to the Simpsons in years. This is the state of what was once the most beloved animated show on television.

There are some pretty saccharine moments in S1 but the Simpsons was still considered pretty edgy. To portray just about every institution as corrupt and inept was kind of groundbreaking at the time.

I wish someone had kicked me in the balls instead of seeing that shit

Goldbergs does the same thing. Only diff is that they earn it as opposed to Modern Family. MF feels slightly cynical and then tries to change its tune in 2 minutes.

I swear

simpsons fans are the most autistic fandom around

>marge
>fun

>edgy
Youre damn right

The heart and simplicity is not what made the Simpsons good back in the day. Plenty of other sitcoms had that.

What the Simpsons had was just a really, really good team of writers. Comedy nerds who knew the ins and outs of a good gag from decades of comedy and animation history.

She tried man

Yeah, like once. She was always for the most part a naggy cunt

every simpson dance now!

Yeah she was but thats what her character had to be at the time

She was the one who kept the crazy shit grounded

Without her nagging there would be no conflict in whats right or wrong in the stories

>that shooting star
Rip my heart

Tis true

for the first 10 seasons she was naggy but she had the best intentions and was just a loving mother

then she became a naggy cunt

>Johanson theres a snitch

Yeah. The show was endearing but what set The Simpsons apart was the creative team's astounding comedy and brilliant eye for satire.

gets me every single time

What i think set the writers apart is that they were naturally funny people with backgrounds in very different fields

Plenty of them were computer/math nerds. Conan got his degree in history

And as we know they all pretty much went to harvard and did nothing but shit on it every chance they got

I think it's probably just because it's American.

>British shows
>Always know exactly what they want to do with it and which direction it's going in
>Always finish on at the top
>Always well remembered
>Endlessly rewatchable

>American show
>Have an idea (assuming it hasn't been stolen from an original design which is rare)
>It gathers momentum and hits its prime
>Jew producers refuse to let it go out on a high because they've got a genuine cash cow
>Run it into the ground (I mean hey, it's not your "baby" that you've loved and cherished, you just put the money in and collect 5000% profit so who cares?)
>Ends up completely hated
>Only people who have love for it (in any sense) are delusional people who think the good times will come back and the Jews who are getting this free money from it
>Endlessly rewatchable (right up until the Jews realise how much of a blank cheque they have on their hands)

You know it as well as I do. Unless you're one of those delusionals I mentioned which is also possible given the amount of liberals and faggots on Sup Forums.

In what way?

Best musical moment on the show, and that's saying quite a bit.

>Always finish on at the top
>Always well remembered
>Endlessly rewatchable

Maybe im wrong but im going to imagine there are a shit load of britbong shows that came and went and were absolute shit

Considering how shows never seem to make it past a third season

Conan had a small writer reunion interview thing on his "serious talk" web show that's pretty neat:
youtube.com/watch?v=DtJ28qOEG1g
It's not nearly as interesting as I hoped it'd be, but still kind of cool.

>decades later and those kids never grew up

At least there is Rule 34 of grown up Lisa incest.

just watched that today. It's good but I think a bit overrated.

British comedy at the moment is fucking atrocious. Have I got News For You, a "satirical" panel show is in its 51st series this year, make of that what you will.

are they still doing would I lie to you?

golden era simpsons did touching so well.
the above
Do It For Her
Lisa and Bart quitting the ice hockey match

I'm sure I'm missing a big one too

yes

>tfw as you get older and see these threads, people will eventually going to talk about how Seasons 20-30 were the GOAT seasons

cheers gonna watch some new episodes then

cuckan o'brien should quit his bullshit talk show and start a new series with groening

Yup, I remember reading one that months later the show used the plot to make the episode A Tale of Two Springfields.

>i have seen four episodes of the simpsons

>2009 was 17 years ago
>1989 was 37 years ago
jfmsuf

>using paragraphs is reddit formatting

wut

>[yyrrraaargrah]