>zero world interaction unless the player is directly involved
>most people are mutes, just stand there mind reading entire conversations
>Clearly hit that guy in the face? LOL no you missed m8
>Enter tavern, can't even sit on a chair

>"Best in the series" - morrowfags trying to defend this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its 14 fucking years old you complete and utter retard, but im guessing you weren't even born then so you can't understand how incredible it was back in 2002.

Fuck off back to your spaceship rocket boots cod shit you summerfag and leave the real games to the gamers.

Whether it's the best is completely objective, of course. For it's time it was significant, but I agree that elitism with Morrowind is fucking off the charts. Honestly, you can't even mention Skyrim or Oblivion without Morrowind fanboys calling you a fucking idiot or a casual. All of the characters say pretty much the same stuff, word for word, so no, it's not impressive nowadays, but at least it isn't dumbed down as much as Skyrim.

Obilvion the best, morrowind close second. Shitrim is just ehh.

here is your reply

Pretty much this
/thread

This. I'm too young to appreciate Daggerfall, but far be it from me to disparage those who say it was really than real and immersive af for when it came out.

Morrowind is the best in the series. Morrowind predates the dumbing down of the series for consoles. Morrowind is a rich and complex game whose depth and intricacy is reveals by multiple play throughs. The replay factor of Morrowind is extraordinary. In fact, I still have the game installed and still play it right now. I have Morrowind Overhaul 3.0 applied to it, which really brings out the charm of the game and adds some very nice looking graphical effects.

But some console boys like the dumbed down shit made for dumbed down console controllers. Some of us still rather have a complex game with a depth of gameplay that is as limitless as the gamers imagination. Morrowind is a true role playing game for the real RPG pc gamers out there. Console boys can kill themselves for allowing games to be dumbed down for their dumbed down consoles.

Still the best 3D TES game.

Debate me, faggot.

So you've pretty much just confirmed it's a shit, dated game and everyone gets a nolstagia boner over it...

I know you're not old enough to be on 4chinz based on nothing but your post

Morrowind is fucking garbage.
You fags think you're cool for liking your "retro" game. But Skyrim is 100x better.

You can still download and play Daggerfall. In fact, it's now officially a free download. Be prepared for a massive world and no hand-holding. You will be required to not just talk to NPCs but, more importantly, understand and remember what they tell you if you intend to find your way around the world. Also, books. You will need to find them and read them for further clues and directions to locations. Daggerfall and Morrowind are more hobbies than games. You will need to invest time. If you want fast twitch, insta-teleportation, map-marker-will-guide-you type of games, you don't want to play Daggerfall or Morrowind. RPG is meant to be immersive. You are meant to get lost in the world on numerous levels. If that is your idea of gaming, you will thoroughly enjoy Daggerfall and Morrowind.

elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

I just played this for the first time recently too, same thoughts. I might watch some videos on it to re-invigorate me.

Daggerfall was awesome and huge, but buggy as all fuck. I never got that far because entire quest lines would be broken. Learned Hex codes through that game as the opening class selection gave you items and gold depending on what answers you picked, and they were just text files. Daedric everything, multiple legendary items, shitloads of gold. Epic

Redguard was disappointing, so much so that I have to double check that it's actually part of the series when it's mentioned. Is it?

Oblivion was amazing, Skyrim was pretty damn good too. I think I liked Oblivion better because it wasn't about you, it was about the world and you could be whatever part of it that you wanted to be. Skyrim, you are the Dragonborn, get to work.

No idea what I was doing with my life when Morrowind came out that I managed to miss it completely at the time. CS? TFC?

>Opinions yo

You know morrowind for me is better than skyrim with mods but the base game is a challenge that you yourself will have to conquer the game will not give you hand outs everything in that game you get you have earned yourself and will feel damn good about it to.

Morrowind is an adventure i love and an adventure i will take time and time again but its not an adventure everyone has the time and the will power to take. Quest are hard directions are a challenge and there ain't no quest marker to guide your hand. Killing npcs can fuck up your whole game but all in all its a good time

8/10 i'd play it again to a certain point.

>Skyrim, you are the Dragonborn, get to work.

>make a nord character named Not Dragonborn
>alduin saves me from the chopping block, don't know why, move on
>go do a ton of not Dragonborn things
>every time a dragon attacks I flee, can't absorb its soul, we would need a Dragonborn for that
>go through nord burial chambers and ignore word walls, only Dragonborn need concern themselves with such things
>everyone keeps talking about the dragons returning, but it doesn't seem that bad to me, shit
>Get through a ton of the game without killing a single dragon or learning a single shout
>finally go back to whiterun and help the jarl deal with inbound dragon
>kill it, absorb its soul
>everyone is telling me I'm the Dragonborn
>shout "Nuh uh!" and flee

I never asked for this and I don't want it

Its so hard to rp in that game but ive never done the main quest through my 100+ hours.

I came up with a ton of different roleplays for it.

True Nord was the most frustrating, but I made my friend do it, I didn't do it myself.

We also had a running joke that came from a character build I'd done in FO:NV that was named Durgle: 1 INT/CHA, 10 STR/END, the rest were variable. We all wanted to do it in Skyrim too when it came out but it wasn't possible.