I've been smoking weed everyday, all day for a while now. I want to stop being dependent on it...

I've been smoking weed everyday, all day for a while now. I want to stop being dependent on it. Could I do that by smoking every other day? Or will I have to stop for a month? What I mean by dependant is I can hardly eat if I'm not high, can't sleep, have no sex drive, cant focus at all, cold sweats and few other things? Anyone else had success with quitting weed?

bump

I smoke dabs about everyday. It's my summer vacation before my fall semester starts. I've been wanting to quit but just don't find a reason. I found a good plug near me and I mostly just work for college money. Umm I normally take a dab at night time but since break I just smoke whenever. Cold Tukey dude

If you really have the addictive gene, I would just have to say what i say to crackheads...JUST STOP simple as that, once you accept it as truth its easy street

Just dont buy it you dont need it weed is not addictive

lookit dem nugs!

Use DXM for a little while. It will kill any addiction you have.

it's not addictive so you just have to stop on your own

>hardly eat if I'm not high, can't sleep, have no sex drive, cant focus at all, cold sweats

You're just getting old. You didn't notice until you stopped smoking weed ... If you quit smoking this shit will never go away without being dependent on prescription pharmaceuticals.

I don't smoke weed anymore. You just described the last ten years of my life.

i probably do since my dad is an alcoholic. When you have been smoking it all day every day for years your body starts to depend on it. It's obviously not going to be addictive if you just smoke it on occasion.

tried it, it was pretty gnarly, but i psychedelics are more my thing.
what

im 19 though

Weed is not an addictive substance.

You do not have symptoms of withdrawl, you have symptoms because your mind thinks you're supposed to.

But you're really not. Quit being an idiot. If you want to stop, then stop.

With weed it goes away in about 3 to 4 days.

Daily smoker here. Been smoking daily for about 6 years almost now. Throughout this time I've had to quit a few times for various reasons. The first 24 are always the hardest as is anything you're quitting. After that first night's sleep you'll wake up a little better off than the day before. After about a week you'll start getting through your day without even thinking about it or craving it. Plus, you can always look forward to that super high when you start again.

Do LSD. Small dosage.
Now you're addicted to something else
Cheers

if you actually think this you're an idiot. Do some actual research and stop listening to your stupid ass stoner friends. Yes, marijuana is not as dangerous as the government says it is. It's very safe in the sense that you can't overdose, and it's not really that addictive. But if you smoke for months non-stop your body will start to depend on the drug. Your body produces its own cannabinoids. cannabinoids help with things like sleeping and digestion. If you smoke weed all the time your body will stop producing cannabinoids because it already has a higher than usual amount.

I was on day 2 when I posted this, but ended up ripping a kief bowl. day 2 seemed harder honestly.

But it is habit forming. Which ironically makes it worse, because comedown or hangover from other substances prevents you from doing it on daily basis.

>OP
It's fucking weed not cocaine. It's easy to put away if have any willpower whatsoever.
If you want to stop get busy, the less time you have to sit around with your dick in your hand and think how nice it would be to get high right now the easier it will be not to smoke.

>Addicted
>LSD
Pick one

let them do there thing as long as they're happy snd causing no harm

The first three are always tough but it's literally over after just a few days. Being a casual smoker is easier on the wallet as well.

Ive actually done lsd a handful of times now. It's not addicting in the slighest to me because I know doing to much would probably fuck you up hard. PLus the tolerance build up is ridiculous. I've also done shrooms, dmt, salvia, dmx, and even coke and didn't get addicted to any of them.

These are fucking shit advices

I usually feel great the day after smoking but one day later I get the coldsweats and stuff.

Sure you can wait a week to get most of it out of your system but who got that much time.

Would be nice to find a solution for something between 2 and 7 days

Psychedelics always have a horrid comedown for me. I've tried all sorts of shit in my time and all of it leaves me feeling hungover the next morning. That's probably the single thing that stopped me from abusing harder drugs was not being able to wake up and go right back into it.

day 2 is the worst but usually within a week you shouldnt feel shitty anymore

>I can hardly eat if I'm not high, can't sleep, have no sex drive, cant focus at all, cold sweats and few other things

That's not typical for weed. Might be something wrong with you without the weed. Stop smoking for a month then go see a doctor if it persists.

its hard though cause I'm 19, little money with a shitty part time job, no car, fucked up knee that I need surgery on and I'm leaving for school in September.
how much and how long did you smoke for?

You gotta think though. A seven day cool down for something you've been doing daily for who knows how long isn't that bad. Could be as bad as trying to quit meth or something.

Some extra advice:
Keep yourself entertained. Nothing like a bad batch or boredom to make you want to rip a bowl. Go outside and do shit you normally wouldn't. Anything keeping your mind off the smoke is helping. Obviously don't hang out with your stoner friends while trying to quit.

No sex drive because you got no gf

>how much and how long did you smoke for?
I'm the 6 year smoker user from above. When I am smoking (like now) I go through about 1.5 to 2g every day. This isn't solely me but 90% is. I'll occasionally smoke with my brother or roommate. When I get a big paycheck I'll up it to 3g a day.

This is true though. I smoke all the time and i never feel like i need it. just smoke every 2 days And drink a little on the days you arent smoking.

Also OP watch it, stopping weed will give you most insane dream ever. Been there done that. And for a person who rarely remembers dreams even without weed it's not a pleasant this.

I don't have a car either, a student so broke af. But you don't need any of that. Read a fucking book, learn a language, or get a fucking side job . If you are going to sit and home and whine you'll never cut down on weed. I'm talking from my own experience.

yea i got though yesterday just fine, but today the withdrawal symptoms came on strong as fuck. And I ended up smoking a bowl

Have you been smoking weed lased with meth?

i always feel good the day after psychedelics for some reason.

thanks m8, you seem like you gone though this. Any other advice you got?

I got both weed and kief on me eight now, even got ~375 ug of LSD. But I'm not smoking or doing the acid. Grow a fucking pair and grab your life by it's fucking throat and pin in down until you're in the fucking charge.

Well, thats not groundbreaking stuff but true after all

Good advice user, I hope others read it aswell

weed in itself is not addictive but in the same way gambling is addictive to some people but not to others is because of an impulse control disorder. So the withdrawal is all in your mind.

I've been smoking weed for the past 7 years straight, everyday.
Don't ask how I do it but yeah, you'll get to a
point where reality just starts breaking down,
your memory goes, things feel so unreal.
I wake up some days and forget I even exist.

Yeah man I'm off and on all the time myself. Just by a qt here and there. Just cut down. First don't go to work high, just keep yourself busy. In your downtime keep it to either one good toke off a pipe or two little ones off those metal cigarette pipes, every two to three hours. Play some vidya. Keep yourself occupied. Don't sit around thinking, I find if I do that for a half hour then want to game out, I'll want that upkeep toke before I start. Also lose your dealers numbers. Keep it to random occurrences. That way you'll know it'll be a while before you find any. You will smoke less amounts, less often

>no car
>no money
>have weed.
Listen man, even if it's not addicting, you still need to be financially responsible before buying weed all the time.
Yeah, weed is great, I smoke. When it's time to get to work, it's time to get to work.

Save a little money, buy a cheap guitar and a cheap amp and spend time practicing. You'll have something to do when you aren't working. Tell your buddies you can't hang out when they call because you need to practice. Now you have a reason to say no. Save money in the meantime. Once you have some wheels, you can hang out with your friends again and you have a new talent.

achievement unlocked
>now you can go play guitar for some bitch and drive home after banging her

Yea is moke about the same amount as you a day. Alright 3 days seems doable. Thanks for the advice man
thanks for the hard truth bruh

do you have any advice on not being a pussy? It's basically why I smoke weed

>marijuana withdrawal

Fuckin pussy faggot, i just came off a heroin and benzo habit at the same time, cold turkey. Weed is a fuckin cakewalk.

Guitars are for guys with small dicks who need
a pussy lure. You're basically a future rapist.

Yes, start with baby steps, by saying no to one thing at the time, if you weren't born with a spine you'll have to develop one. It takes a lot of fucking time and it won't be easy. And smoking weed to cope with being a pussy only makes you a stoner pussy. NO ONE respects a pussy who is also a stoner.

It is indeed since it's not a physical addiction.
But if you actually did what your post said, not meany people can do that, that's more than willpower.

give it to me, ill smoke it for you

Get a job that drug tests ofr delete all you drug dealers contacts I'm 8 days clean was pretty easy fags

Everyone has their own demons to battle. There have been studies that show drugs such as methamphetamine to not be addictive but in reality it's your personality and lack of satisfactions in life that makes you feel like you NEED the drug.

Well I'm leaving for college in September. So It's hard to find another job because no one wants to hire me when I'm leaving in a month. Also A lot of my money has gone towards paying the down payments on my schooling because my parents have not helped pay at all. Plus I do have a car, but it literally fucking broke down yesterday right when I decided to quit, and I don't have the money to fix it really. Plus I'm not even taking it when I go to school. But yea I do want to start playing keyboard, so yea i'll take your advice and go out and buy a cheap keyboard

Quitting anything is only easy if you want to quit. You have to tell yourself I'm done and don't want this anymore and then do it. If you try and quit for some 3rd party goal it will always be much harder since you didn't really want to quit anyway. Some people like smoking weed and don't think it's doing any harm to their lives yet are forced to quit for jobs and other random reasons. Times like these are when it's really hard.

>tfw smoking 75 weed a day

Anyone here managed to quit smoking weed?

>So It's hard to find another job because no one wants to hire me when I'm leaving in a month
Rule 1 of temporary job hunt :
Do not tell them it's for a month, get a pay check and quit, what are going to do ? Force you to stay ?
>Plus I do have a car, but it literally fucking broke down yesterday right when I decided to quit, and I don't have the money to fix it really
But you do have money for weed ? mmmkey
>But yea I do want to start playing keyboard, so yea i'll take your advice and go out and buy a cheap keyboard
>Keyboard
Let's not make rush decisions here ok ? At least a guitar is a girl magnet even if you can barely play it.

kek

I don't know about keyboards but playing the Piano can land you mad puss.

Every summer holiday, (ironic I know) Last summer didn't smoke for 4 months. Starting new weed break today.

No weed until Friday.

#firstworldproblems

Sure a piano, not a god damn keyboard.

A new transmission is a lot more than weed bruh

Also I don't want to learn to play an instrument to get pussy, its not really that hard to begin with

Nerdy bitches would probably be down for a keyboard. Nerdy bitch would probably be down for some fucking piccolo too.

cut down to smoking once per day

cut down to smoking once every other day

2 - 3 times a week

4 times a month

7 times every 2 months

10 times every 6 months

5 times every year

stop

yourwelcome

>success is a MINDSET

I've been smoking for 5 years, the past 3 almost on a daily basis

I've been clean for a couple of months now, and it feels great. I actually dream when I sleep now.

Sadly the only thing you can do is to just quit, smoking less as you do the transition might help if you're that weak, but the only solution is to just quit cold turkey.

quitting weed is a fuckin breeze compared to tobacco. someone tell me how to quit that shit, im friggin sick of smoking. its so goddamn pointless and expensive.

drink enough to get you drunk enough to not worry about smoking.
pass out.
rinse and repeat.
stop smoking

It's a lot more than one bag of weed, not a lot more than weed habit.

>Also I don't want to learn to play an instrument to get pussy, its not really that hard to begin with
Great, keyboard it still the worst choice.

K

I've been smoking all day, non stop for the last couple of years
Took a tolerance break for a couple of weeks, cold sweats, couldn't sleep and all that jazz
Started smoking again, in smaller doses, once during the day and once at night
Taking another tolerance break just now, a week in and It's perfectly fine

I suppose you could try lowering the amount that you're smoking until you gradually get yourself into a habit of smoking significantly less. Then you can take a tolerance break for a few weeks and it won't be tough on you

I really hope this is a troll post. If not you got mental issues way deeper than smoking weed. I've been smoking all day every day for 11 years and I'm not experiencing any psychosis or anything like what you're describing.

Get yourself checked out weirdo

I bet you were screaming and crying coming off that shit cold turkey. Otherwise you're full of shit tbqh

Just tried it for the first time today at 12 been layed in bed since 7 with no energy

Piano player here. Gonna have to disagree. I play guitar as well. Guitar doesn't work very well as a solo instrument

I just want to get a keyboard because I can't afford and piano and have no space for it either. I can sing a bit, that's why i want to learn keyboard. I gradually want to move on to making music in FL studio, but I feel like having a basic knowledge of music and knowing how to play keyboard would really help

Vape but seriously it works as gay as it is

shit ive tried vaping before. its too much hassle with the contraption and not nearly as pleasant as an actual cig.
i just couldnt do it. not for long.