Would this movie have been better or worse with Ewan McGregor playing Richard instead of Leo?

Would this movie have been better or worse with Ewan McGregor playing Richard instead of Leo?

I vote better. I love Leo and I love the movie as it is, but Ewan makes everything better; he's my favourite actor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gou9ss5QBX8
youtube.com/watch?v=GpQTd7WhT-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was nothing wrong with leo as the lead.
The problem with the movie is how wacky the "im going cuhrazay out here!" montage was.

>video game vision
>crawling over killer drug lords

Everything else was goat.

true, but Ewan was really offended his buddy Danny Boyle didn't cast him in this film. And I think Ewan fits the role well.

hello

Sounds like ewan is an entitled little cunt.
>DUDE CAST ME IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR MOVIES, FUCK YOUR DIRECTORS VISION, I NEED THE PAYCHECK

Yeah, pretty much that.

I think the movie would have been just as good with McGregor. I liked the movie a lot but how good it is is 95% down to how talented Boyle is as a director, pretty much any competent actor would do.

Boyle is good.

OP don't make a thread then make absolute shit-tier posts in it.

fuck off retard im trying to engage my audience.

king kong

Think it was better with Leo because of the rep American tourists have. With Ewan it probably would have ended with him getting alcohol poisoning before ever getting to the beach and his parents having to organise how to get his body back home for burial.

Richard was a little bitch at times. Leo is the better choice.

Leo's best work.

With Ewan, it would have just been Trainspotting II: Sandy Vagina boogaloo.

But yeah, videogame vision was a bridge too far. Good thing the rest of the movie made up for it.

Also, is there a role Tilda Swinton *hasn't* aced?

Exactly this. Ewan would have redeemed the character. Leo damned him. Casting genius.

this movie started my love for travel

>TFW Even the Name Thailand is a Beaten path

youtube.com/watch?v=Gou9ss5QBX8

dat soundtrack

Sounds like a terrible idea.

Leo was perfect in that role, and it would have been a different movie with anyone else.

same place Not that many years ago :(

I took my first girl on a date to see this movie.
>movie ended up being a better memory

paradise

The book was so much more violent. In the director's commentary he said he wanted to lighten it up a little (especially the ending) because it was just so depressing and he felt he would lose the connection with audience. It ended up coming out a little wacky, I guess. Maybe it was a waste for him to do that because it still got an R rating. It's not like he was trying to make it kid friendly. In the book Richard was having visions of mowing down the Chunky Charlie with a howitzer, blood and dead bodies everywhere, but in the movie they just show those kids falling down all awkwardly, no blood or anything. I mean he really wasn't trying.

In the book it was Richard who was British and Sal who was American. Both Leo and Swinton did so well I found it really difficult to imagine the reversal. Still do.

>McGregor
Fuck no.
That faggot has the most punchable face.

Also I love the movie and Leo was fantastic in it.

also
>dat Françoise

was this critically panned just because of "those scenes?"

I thought it was a good movie overall and personally put it on my list of Must-see critical flops

Best shot desu

youtube.com/watch?v=GpQTd7WhT-Q
>that scene
>that classic 90's song
>that passion