"Black Panther Will Have a 90% African-American Cast"

During the latest Empire Film Podcast, Marvel boss Kevin Feige dropped by, explaining why Civil War was used to introduce the word of Black Panther. He also had some interesting info to share on T'Challa's solo movie. He explains.

""That will be amongst the best ensembles we've ever had. And 90% of the cast is either African or African-American."

movieweb.com/black-panther-cast-africa-american-actors/

WE

'LL IM SORRY TO HEAR THAT

Its gonna bomb hard because no one likes black movies

So remaining 10% will be white villains?

I can safely say that how many black people there are in a Black Panther film makes absolutely no difference to me because I won't go see it.

We just had this thread.

Movie is set in Sub-Saharan Africa. I'd be worried if it anything less than a 90% black cast.

Your loss senpai

should be called Blaxsploitation Returns desu

How come having a >50% white cast is considered bad by liberals but this is celebrated

Sorry, this is a fantasy, therefore actually following the demographics of the location in real life is no excuse.

Include Latinos, Asians and Eskimos or I'm protesting this racist drivel.

Scaning for originality
>Ctrl+f "WE"
>disappointed.jpg
>alt+F4

yeah, its pretty much confirmed andy serkis is returning from AoU to be the villain.

Confirmed for not knowing what Blaxsploitation actually is

I bet you think it's a term about racist white film makers, you fucking idiot.

Wow who the fuck would have guessed that a movie that takes place in fucking Africa about Africans would cast black people.

So is the superhero named after the black power cult or...?

surprised the 'general' population or spike lee hasn't come out saying black panther wasn't 'black' enough or representative of the 'black' culture

i for one am glad they've put out a positive role model.

WE WUZ CRYOGENICISTS AND SHIEEEEET

do you?

probably gonna be their biggest financial disappointment since TIH

He was so garbage lmao. I saw that shitty captain america movie last night and was literally whoing this black panther we wuz kings faggot.

Total garbage character, he's just like a black captain america but way gayer somehow.

>I hate how is ruining movies!
>I better perpetuate it out of pissy spite

nothing wrong with that, the movie is literally set in africa

i don't pay coloured tv to watch NIGGERS

>When that costume looks more Power Ranger than the ones we're going to get for the new Power Rangers movie

WE WUZ AFRICANS AND SHIEEET

This will be FIRST FLOP from the MCU

Bombs away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will bomb hard because China doesn't like black people.

i like all the people predicting that it's going to bomb because it's a black cast. the same people claiming that there is no diversity problem in hollywood, mmhmm. :purr

>ctrl + WUZ

The movie is set for February. The single worst month of the year for movies.

It's a necessary write-off for Marvel. They need to pretend they give a shit about Dindus so the SJW losers on Twitter get off their back.

But yeah, no one is going to see this. It won't even open in China.

Woah, sounds like Sub-Saharan Africa could use some diversity and cultural enrichment.

WE WUZ KINGZ OF CAPESHIT N SHIET

It a fantasy set somewhat with the real world. So yeah, it kinda does make sense.

>90% african american cast
>1 black protagonist
>1 black female love interest
>400 black extras

and 80% of the screen time will be for white people

>set in sub Sahara Africa
>90% black cast

Well no fucking shit.

Also an unoriginal thread >

well it would be a good opportunity for the "black audience" to show how much they want black movies by supporting this movie but i really cant see that happening. it will be a very low budget niche movie compared to other marvel movies and i predict it will have mostly fist fights and some car chases and lots of muh feelings stretched out dramatic talking.

i can already see the articles titles "why not wanting to watch a movie with 90% black people is racist"

t. Nu-male

Because it rarely ever happens.

Unless it's a Tyler Perry film, but those don't count because they're awful.

But movies cast in Europe need to have an equal amount of representation of all races :^)

Wakanda is supposed to be a super advanced sci-fi utopia. They aren't going to pull that off with a low budget. No, they're gonna go all in on this.

>movie takes place in Africa
>Sup Forums boycotts is for having a black cast

You guys aren't even trying to hide your racism anymore

you could probably achieve grounded action in the slums of wakanda with city shots for 150 million

>racism
Why aren't you watching Hong Kong kung fu flicks? Why the fuck do you hate Asians so much, you racist?

Surprisingly, the comic came first.

t. Google

Wakanda doesn't really do "slums." When I say a sci-fi city, I'm not joking. It'll look like something out of Star Trek, just with more trees and giant panther statues mixed in.

Huh? I don't know what you're trying to say here. I think you accidentally meant to post something, but it cut off short, so the only word that appears in it is 'WE'. Could you try typing it out and posting it again so I can figure out what you want to say?

oh I've read the comics

Ant Man was done for 130 mil so 150 isn't a stretch

> 90% of the cast is either African or African-American.

No shit.
It's set in Africa, WTF you want diversity credit for that shit?

>movie set in Africa has 90% black cast, this is noteworthy because the only hollywood movies that do this are black movies like T Perry and the like. People here whine about it.

>movie set in modern USA has 90% white people. people complain because it's not representative of the USA and POC actors get no work outside of Tyler Perry movies. People here screenshot everything and laugh about it.

>movie set in a fantasy medieval Europe has all white people. people whine about it because black actors still don't get work. People here suddenly care about historical accuracy even though it's a fantasy setting.

Are you guys actually this dumb? Maybe step foot outside this hugbox once in a while and interact with people who aren't indoctrinated by Sup Forums memes.

There's a difference between 'not watching' and 'boycotting'.

Will the bad guy be white?
Will the love interest be white?

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW

You should practice what you're preaching and totally fucking move there. You'd really be sticking it to the patriarchy!

I THOUGHT BLACK PANTHER WAS AFRICAN LMAO

Ant Man was mostly shot in and around normal suburban locations, though. They're gonna need a lot more CGI cityscapes and elaborate sets to pull Wakanda off, especially if the one shot we got of it after CW holds up. It'll be like Asgard or something.

Not in practice.

That's because Europe is full of niggers. Didn't you hear about that Japanese blogger who went to Paris and tweeted "Is this Africa?"

Thor 2 was 170

150-180 is what I'm expecting

From the sounds of things Michael B. Jordan might be playing a villain and Lupita Nyong'o is in talks for the love interest. Andy Serkis might be playing a villain as well, but that's still a black love interest and at least one black villain.

Now watch as they get an "african or african-american" box office gross which will, of course, be the fault of white people sabotaging everything.

they aren't released on american soil
in big multiplexes
otherwise i would be, cuz i love kung fu flicks

Joke's on you, I'm in NYC, and we get foreign films all the time in the city.

The greatest irony in the history of cinema....

The continent where people literally can't figure out how to subsistence farm properly....and Hollywood liberals create Wakanda to represent it.

Holy fuck. Please tell me when someone posts the Civil War edit on YouTube that completely cuts out Black Panther, so I can add that one to my collection.

Whats the current highest grossing movie with a predominantly black cast?

That's fair. I'm guessing it'll be at the high end of that, 170-180 range. I'm also betting that trailers will sell it almost as if Martin Freeman is the main character. "Hey, middle America! Look! It's Bilbo/Watson! You like him, right? He's that lovable guy with nerd street cred. Look, he's stumbled across this weeeeeird sci-fi African nation. And hey, that cool guy from Civil War is there! Oh boy, he's in over his head on this one, but he's still making funny jokes!"

The question is, will that just be for the trailers, or will Freeman actually serve as the main character/audience PoV for the movie? Or will it just be a marketing misdirect and Boseman is 100% the lead?

Planet Of The Apes

They have a point though. Movie set in modern USA should only be 88% white.

And didn't you know one of the Queens of England was black too?

Fucking racists. When will they learn?

Regardless of how proud they are of the cast and setting and location this movie will only do well if they have enough appearances from Iron-Man, Cap and so on in supporting roles, linking it to the main MCU narrative.

I don't see why kids and chad packs with their dates would like to see black people talking with african accents in some laughably improbably futuristic african country.

Black Panther by itself is a decent character so far but I'm not sure how viable he is by himself.

Also black audiences historically go all out only to watch stupid comedies where someone dresses up as a grandma and farts or something like that.

There is no way in hell Black Panther is getting a budget of 150+

>>movie set in modern USA has 90% white people. people complain because it's not representative of the USA and POC actors get no work outside of Tyler Perry movies. People here screenshot everything and laugh about it.

Nope. Statistically blacks are overrepresented in American movies relative to their population percentage. Also, blacks are shown to be much more intelligent and successful (positive propaganda) in movies than they actually are (on average) in real life.

Blackwashing happens at at least a 40-1 ratio as compared to whitewashing. That's why people on this board complain. If you're not smart enough to pick up on these obvious patterns perhaps you'd be happy on tumblr?

I guarantee you it will. Marvel knows they shit gold, they're gonna use this movie to see how far they can push that.

Who was that lady that threatens Scar Jo when she's talking to Black Panther near some cars? She had a fat ass and I want to know her name.

Go home, Sup Forums, you're drunk.

it will get 200, and clear 500. 80%+ on RT, cleared for at least one more sequel.

not an argument

so will the film crew, the writers and the director also be black? if not, isnt that a little ironic?

> “And 90% of the cast is either African or African-American."

LOL! Enjoy your movie tanking, Disney; Nobody wants to watch Black people (especially not the Asian market).

Ah so this will be the first MCU film to flop.

>Blackwashing happens
The term is "smokestacking". Get it right next time.

Agreed. Look at Deadpool, it did like about $800m worldwide on a budget of $58.

Considering this film is guaranteed to fail in China there's no way Disney is gonna spend a dime over $100m or it won't be able to recoup the money.

>it's a Sup Forums thread
>it's a capeshit thread

Die.

Die!

It's gonna be funny as fuck when this movie does just fine and racists everywhere can a huge fucking hate-boner. I can't wait.

I don't drink, and I hate /pol. But I see as usual, a liberal refuses to refute the facts and/or deal with the statistics and just changes the subject. Every fucking time.

Just fucking once you'd think you brainwashed plebs would have the courage of your convictions.

>MCU film
>flop

if by flop you mean not do insanely well, then maybe. but it will still make double its cost. they literally can't go wrong.

Still not an argument

Why not actual Africans? Seems pretty biased.

>Avengers has 90% white cast
>No one cares or even notices

>Panther has 90% black cast
>BIGGEST CAPESHIT NEWS OF THE YEAR, SO PROGRESSIVE!

You keep believing that, my brave SJW...

>B-Buh you n-need asians! Y-You see everyone's racist! J-Just like me!
>*deadpool*
>S-Shut up!

....really?

Lolling inside. But I'm cool with the black cast, let them have their thing.

>Cast is 90% white.
>"OMG SEXISM. Why is this allowed? #hollywoodsowhite Down with white supremacy."

>Cast is 90% white.
>"So progressive! Truly this is a triumph for equality!"

Can someone explain this to me?

nice bait but ill bite
>not wanting to watch a movie full of blacks makes you a racist
ye no

Hey bby grl, Deadpool didn't even open in China.

top kek

Also, not a argument.

I'm kind of wondering how they'll make Atlanta look like Wakanda.