metal isn't my thing though

>BMTH
>metal

it's Art Pop

>be me
>sees new btmh album
>assumes WOW LOOK AT ME IM EMO album
>actually surprised

It was actually a nice album to listen to,better than the average corny emo bs and a solid 8/10

wikipedia says it's alternative/nu metal
I guess I'll give it a try though

the guitars work more like a string section most of the time

Not bad, preferred Sempiternal but this was good
>7/10

This sounds like Linking Park in a bad way

Decent modern day pop rock

Love it. Very good album.

Their best album by an incredibly long shot
That's The Spirit is generic as fuck

what the fuck

Disagree. Maybe not as heavy as that album, but I think it is very well written.

>be me
>like generic metalcore in early high school
>realize that aesthetic music > adrenaline music
>give up on metal
>be me 3 years later and loving all sorts of shit
>realize that your old bands like BMTH were shit tier metal bands to begin with
>hear this new album
>mfw i hear that shitty "im so emo and cant scream and sold out harder than sempiternal" album

Wow so edgy. Bet you listen to slint now, you waste of space. Fuck off back to another thread.

count your blessings is their only good album

Hmm, what about my post was "edgy "? Not what I was trying to say. It's just, when compared to a band like converge or deafheaven, BMTH has no artistic merit. you reacted emotionally instead of providing a legit criticism. This band is literally as generic as metal can get. I get the appeal and I dig some of their stuff, because its adrenaline-inducing, but there's so much better music than this

Adrenaline inducing? And you actually have to ask what made your post edgy? You call it generic yet you provide nothing of merit. Converge and Deahheaven are your examples? Is this bait?

Is liking this album the new Jason Aldean type of meme?

Count Your Blessings is the epitome of badly written deathcore

this is bait I hope, it's literally the opposite

wait are you sincerely saying slint and converge are bad? Converge is a primary influence on virtually every metalcore band today, including bring me the horizon

no it's just pretty poppy so you're going to find a lot of people that like it.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Emotional? You keep coming back to the thread of a band/album you call generic. Why?

that was the first time I've posted in this thread bud

Slint and Converge suck. I don't care if they are huge influences. There, happy now?

but... if the band's biggest influence sucks, how is the band good?

Because they are better? Slint sucks, I don't care how many bands they influenced.

I'm talking about Converge

slint converge btmh

i like em all

what's this pissing match about

yeah this album is pretty horrible. It's like a watered down version of what they were doing on sempiternal. it's like they made this solely to get radio play.

It's a good 7/10, preferred Sempiternal though
It sucks because I was going to the Australian concert that was cancelled, now they changed the guests to some generic shit

I heard Throne and Happy Song when they came out but at the time it just seemed like they were release a bunch of singles. I didn't know they put out another album

I'm listening to it now and like it a lot

bump

Drown is legitimately a good song

Follow You is so heart felt and relatable to me that it's impossible not for me to like it