The Strain

>this piece of shit is getting a third season
Fucking why? Who is still watching this shit? It's worse than The Walking Dead.

embrace the shlock user

This is still running??!!

I kinda like the show and will still watch it, but I'm not terribly enthusiastic about it anymore. Abraham, Eichhorst, Fet, and Quinlan are the only characters I care about.

RIP in peace Ass

s1 gud
s2 gay

hate corey stoll

First season started off promising in the sense that the vamps were no joke. Then the characters got a shit ton of plot armor and the writing quickly got dumb.

>turn gas on
>leave candle out
>intention is to eventually explode house
>even though the candle will ensure the room never fills with gas to explode

>hating based stoll

you type like you're 12

First season started off promising when it was a pandemic thriller, then went to shit when they revealed Leader Stri-goy with a Halloween mask and a video game voice actors's VO.

I couldn't get passed the first episode. I liked what it was going for, but something just seemed cheap. Acting was bad across the board.

Are the books any good?

Rumor has it, no. The only things that people say are quality are the comic adaptations. The acting never gets good but the second season increases the cheese, drops any pretense of seriousness, and lets the scenery-chewers chew.

That being said, fair warning, really shitty kid drama and lesbian bisexual drama abound

2nd season ended like last October.

I like it and am glad it was renewed
am i just a pleb, or is it being bad just a tv meme ?

I think The Master would've been a fine plotpoint if they put it off for a while. Spend a season focusing on the mystery surrounding the outbreak and have Abraham separate from Eph and co. while not telling the audience too much about what he seems to know. They rushed into showing us all the powers at play, but now they're just lingering on the NYPD playing exterminator.
To this show's credit, I wouldn't judge it by the first episode. It had some laughably bad dialogue/acting from a few characters in the first few episodes, I don't know why it made the final cut, but it made it feel like SyFy level schlock. It gets a little better after that but some characters like Nora and Zack never stop being a chore to listen to.

>worse than The Walking Dead.
Not possible m8.

This is why

It's schlock, but the kind that is enjoyable.

Fet is the only really likeable human character but all the vampires are based af

This show's terrible at conveying it's own narrative

The books are entertaining enough, nothing else. From what I remember they have a clearer overarching storyline, it's more contained and with less secondary plotlines, since there's no hacker, no councilwoman, etc. You can try the comics, which are a super-condensed version of the books. Less characterization, which can be good if you don't care about most of them, but maybe also less atmosphere build-up.

It's bad user, but the good kind.

How is american horror story still that popular and why are fargo and the americans that low

good for the strain though, I want my five seasons of b-horror movie entertaiment that hopefully end up developing in something better.

The novels are better.

Fuck you, The Strain is great. The Walking Dead is a soap-opera with no understanding of why people remember George Romero's movies. The Strain gets it though, effects are great, mythology behind the monsters is interesting, the added biology stuff is fun, characters are about a 60/40 split between really entertaining and gay and I don't really mind the lines the story's developing along.

I read the comic up to the end of where season 2 got to and I prefer the show's take. Adding boring lesbian hacker drama was a bit lame but Sam was a great addition and the little bits of action in each episode are generally pretty well done. Things like the gas station siege were great.

its leagues better than TWD

archer got cancelled? ;_;