Just watched all six star wars movies for the first time. AMA

Just watched all six star wars movies for the first time. AMA.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MAGbJtyx9bc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you ever seen Star Wars?

nah, we're good bro.

Which was your favorite? It better be Episode 2.

All six?
You mean all seven, now, right?

Episode 1 doesnt count I think
To much jar jar dickhead

What order did you watch them in?

why cant you count?

yeah but have you seen the penguin noods?
youtu.be/MAGbJtyx9bc

How old are you?

Seriously. It matters whether you grew up with the OT or the prequels.

Probably 5 or 6

Release order.

>All 6
Yeah, no one counts the phantom menace anyway

Have you ever watched a movie series and then requested people to ask you anything on Sup Forums?

Okay. I saw all the OT movies in the theater when they were new. (Yeah, I'm an oldfag, GFY.)

Honestly, what did you think?

Machete Order masterrace reporting in

How many fingers does it take to count how old you are?

Pretty good since I had no prior knowledge of the star wars universe.

machete order is for people who haven't figured out they can just...not watch the prequels.

just don't watch them. it's fine. Nobody will think worse of you and your live will be more pleasant.

You probably saw the Special Editions of the OT--the versions Lucas made in the late nineties with a bunch of CGI added.

Seriously, I recommend looking up the original versions. Hard to find on DVD; I'd suggest finding the Despecialized Editions. A full fan restoration of the originals, in 720p. Well worth it.

Fun Tier
>Ep 6
>Ep 5

Good tier
>Ep 4

Mixed bag tier
>Ep 1
>Ep 3

Bad tier
>Ep 2

Unwatchable kike propaganda for normal faggots tier
>Ep 7

Get over it, everyone always bashes episode 1 because jar jar.. Yeah he's obnoxious, but don't let him ruin the movie! Epi 1 is worth it for the awesome duel of the fates at the end

You should have gone with the Machete Order.

but there are only 3 star wars films

Episode 1 was the worst. It has literally one good scene.

episode 1 is the fucking worst. jar-jar isn't even the worst part, it's kid anakin (yipee!). The ONLY redeeming feature of the film was Darth Maul.

Fuck you and your bigot propaganda. The Force Awakens was awesome. Definitely the best since The Empire Strikes Back, so it's at least the third best of the series.

I don't have the link, but someone on Youtube edited Episode 1, if not the whole second trilogy. They gave Jar Jar an alien voice with subtitles, the same way every other alien race is treated, instead of broken english, and re-scripted it to be less comically racist, they shortened the podrace scene and removed the sports commentators, and they removed every reference to Midichlorians.

It changes the whole tone of Episode one, and I recommend it entirely. Shouldn't be hard to look up.

Star Wars 7: A New New Hope

are you retarded?

machete order includes prequels
the story just makes more sense in machete order

I don't know, the Darth Maul fight scene was pretty good. Or maybe Duel of Fates is just an epic song.

Honestly, EP 7 is worse. At least EP 1 had some cool effects and the droids were ok until they started talking.

>actually believing 7 is a better film than RotJ
philistine

dude, he just said machete order is for people who don't realize they can skip the prequels. meaning that he knows the prequels are included in the order.

are you retarded?

Revenge of the Sith was my favourite by far, can people tell me why they think it was shit?
>I know it's common opinion that it's not as good as the others

How the fuck can you say 7 was worse than 1? Unless you just can't stand having a black man and a woman as the heroes, there's literally no reason. 7 was superior in every possible way.

>some cool effects
It was all shitty CG. At least 7 used models and practical effects.

That's the scene I was referring to. The rest is boring horseshit and lame comedy. Lucas is a hack.

shut up suck my penguin penis

Revenge of the Sith is the best of the prequels, no question. And maybe better than Return of the Jedi.

not that user, I'd watch 7 over one any day of the week, but at least the prequels tried something different (even though they failed at every step), rather than rehashing the originals.

They failed because Lucas was at the helm. The best SW movies are the ones Lucas didn't direct.

in no universe is revenge of the sith better than RotJ

>emo hayden christensen throws logic and believable motivations to the wind and turns evil because the plot demands it

I have no problem with that. 7 had to reintroduce the universe and restore the goodwill that the OT had. I'm okay with how they did it, as long as they go in a new direction for 8 and 9--which it looks like they're doing.

I thought the battles in it were the best..
Grievous v Obi-Wan
Sidious v Yoda
Sidious v Mace Windu
Vader v Obi wan
>Plus heaps of space battles and the dark side fucking shit up

>empire defeated by teddy bears using stone age technology

>I'm okay with how they did it, as long as they go in a new direction for 8 and 9
with you on that. fuck them for making such an unoriginal film, but if it leads to two good installments in the franchise I will forgive it.

I'll grant that the ewoks are shit. rest of the film is great. ewoks mark the point where lucas first began losing his mind.

beats anything with hayden christensen's cringey acting.

>penguins dancing and no one notices :(

Wow, you're a faggot.

7 was reassuring the old fanbase. Old plot, old characters, old method of film making, gradual transition of some old elements to new.

Next up they'll be given more free reign to do creative and interesting shit. I'm hopeful that they'll at least produce things I enjoy watching.

This exactly. Nothing in the reboot was unexpected. Absolutely nothing.

The villain was the retard from girls. Every place they visit gets blown up or everyone dies, how original. Villains completely incompetent. The black guy could be an interesting character if he was actually fleshed out and not used as stereotypical comic relief.

WHY DO THE BROADS ALWAYS HAVE ENGLISH ACCENTS?

How does it feel to be an eternal virgin?

>7 was pandering to nostalgia
ftfy
no excuses for it, but I'll forgive them if 8 and 9 don't suck

Hayden's shitty acting was Lucas' fault. Hayden was fantastic in Shattered Glass. Everyone in the prequels looks like shit except Ewan and the guy who plays the Emperor. Whenever actors look lifeless or make strange delivery choices it's usually because the director is incompetent.

People are too picky and choosy with their entertainment.

Star Wars is a beautiful tale of characters being affected by a hidden energy called the Force.

Say you forgot everything that ever happened to you in your life.

Would it play out like a movie? Or would it be completely random and unexpected occurrences happening?

Which would seem more realistic? Unexpected things or predictableness?

Unexpectedness, of course.

So what makes you think you have any right to say you would want a story to be like THIS or like THAT?

George Lucas created something REALISTIC by creating some characters that you like, and some that you hate. By creating some scenes that are not made to tend to your needs to be entertained, but instead tell a story of a reality somewhere far far away.

Geroge Lucas served you a reality with Star Wars. But you, the audience, hated him so badly for this, you forced him to disown the franchise and give it to someone else.

And so what did you get in return?

Star Wars Episode 7. An exact replica of Episode 4.

In a way you turned it into a sort of democracy and voted for what you'd like most to see. And that is an exact replica of the original Star Wars movie.

Everyone who hates on the prequels is an idiot who can't deal with reality.

8 and 9? fuck that, I want to see what they do with rogue one. That shit could be great.

If you do an AMA you're supposed to actually have something interesting to go with it. No one cares that you watched star wars

I didn't think Finn was comic relief at all. I enjoyed seeing him grow from a stormtrooper into a fully rounded character.

And I liked that Kylo Ren was unstable and emotional and unsure of himself. Very different from what we've seen before.

0/10

Apparently a big part of it was that there was so much CGI. The human actors had nothing to relate to.

How come everyone is fucking Star Wars is fucking british sounding? Its the same for The Lord of The Rings.

Its like a bethesda game.

Rogue One looks really good.

Again, I blame Lucas. His shitty writing and shitty direction. Voice actors can get good performances with nothing but a script in front of them.

>Empire
>Revenge
>ANH
>Return
>Attack
>Awakens
>Menace

Any other order, and you are a giant faggot.

I remember reading somewhere that George Lucas was very deliberate about having British actors playing the Imperials and Americans as the Rebels. Something about the British accent sounding more authoritative.

finn did feel a bit too fast-talking-comic-relief to me, but that just comes with the territory for JJ. Same as weird slapstick scenes with space monsters.

A lot of people didn't like Kylo, but I think they're giving him huge room for character development. Vader went from whiny teen to evil, luke went from whiny teen to good, kylo is going from whiny emo to ???

I have the originals on dvd I got with a 6 disc set with the special editions. Not sure they are 720...

New Hope is best. Unpopular opinion but it's true.

>New Hope
>Empire
>Return
>Awakens
>Revenge
>Attack
>Menace

I enjoyed 3 as well. With the exception of the "dad just cancelled WoW" "I HACHUUUU"

Episode 7: The Jewing of the Jews was absolutely awful. Every aspect. The scenes were too quick, character development was shit, and there was never a struggle. The "bad guy" was just an angsty bitch.

>attack
>menace
>empire
>revenge
>return
>new hope
>awakens

What about Mon Mothma, then?

or C-3P0?

or Obi-Wan?

George Lucas is an idiot.

Okay, I know that set. Bare-bones, but it'll do. I prefer the original versions, but that's what I grew up with. YMMV.

>all six
There's 7 fool

Vader, as he was originally presented, did not go from whiny teen to evil. He went from evil to good guy who saves son and kills emperor. When we add in the prequels we're basically talking about a whole different character than the one presented decades earlier.

those are "remastered" and they suck.

Nigga what?

ANH was great, and I respect it for starting off the series, but it is not nearly as perfect as Empire.

Empire literally defined the entire fanbase . it gave us memorable lines, intense action sequences, great SFX, Yoda, possibly the greatest plot twist ever concieved, ect...

good one, almost had me

C-3PO had a crazy british accent are you retarded?

"The Jewing of the Jews"? What the fuck does that mean? I know that bigots have to bring their bigotry into absolutely everything they don't like, but that doesn't make the slightest sense.

Like I said, unpopular opinion, but ANH is top shit for me. Stands on its own, totally cohesive narrative. The following films had to rebuild the death star just so they could blow it up again. I'll give Empire the no. 2 slot easily though, best Vader scenes, Yoda, etc. Has a lot going for it.

Empire or Rebel?

Everyone knows Empire is the best. A New Hope is cheesy. Han, Vader, and John Williams saved that movie.

Both Mon Mothma and Obi-Wan were previously allied with the Old Republic, which became the Empire. C-3PO was a droid, so he had the voice his designers gave him.

>>possibly the greatest plot twist ever conceived

kys

Agreed about ANH. Lucas had no idea if he'd get to make any more, so he made the most self-contained movie he could.

Touche

It's definitely up there. Even the cast didn't see it coming.

>episode 1 is the worst
>not episode 2
>mckill yourself

I won't deny that it had potential. Everything just seemed off. On paper there are some cool concepts. I know Jar Jar Abrams was bitching about the filming schedule. Keep in mind I didn't like his trek work either, so yeah, blame it on the schedule.

I also think throwing the lady trooper in the trash compacter was a joke in poor taste. They had a good opportunity to humanize the troopers and wasted it. With the clone factories gone they'd be draftees and ordinary people, have you seen "troops?". On the other hand following the script logic and having them all be clones, there's countless black child soldiers on that planet when they blow it up.

Thanks for doing that.

This is why I play Skryim with German dialogue. It makes it sound authentically nordic. The bandit girls sound so cute when they are pleading for their lives.