How do I get into boxing?

I'm 6'3 200 lbs, tired of crunching numbers the last 7 years. How do I get
P
become a professional boxer?
I'm fairly active. I play pick up basketball at least once a week, and it gets pretty competitive sometimes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-UO4cweoeiU
youtube.com/watch?v=HGDNAaRpGvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K1r1wGdbKOc
youtube.com/watch?v=Gp7aRvXqQDU
youtube.com/watch?v=KDHkUAysvNA
youtube.com/watch?v=1umnOsGZs5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Into becoming*

>pillow punch
jk m8. Are there any boxing gyms in your area? It's a really technical sport if you've never tried it before and need to learn tons

fat nigger ty'rone

Pick up basketball isn't the same as getting punched in the face and expecting to punch back. Sit your old ass down, you'll get hurt.

There's one 20 miles away

So you're saying there's a cut off number?

I'm 30, going 31 in February

t. Friendless NEET virgin autismo on the internet

You have to start training at like 15 to be any good tbqh

How do dudes think that they're going to pick up boxing at 30 and actually go pro?

>How do I get into boxing?
What did he mean by this?

I see, would it be realistic to start training for the Olympics and the work my way up from there? (not Rio, the one in 2020)

It's called switching careers. I won't be the first one who does that

Probably because half the boxers in the states are ex football players who didn't have what it took to go pro and started boxing at 25.

OP enjoy your hospital beating

I'm going to start at my university this September.
Not trying to get into pro boxing, just want to get fitter and get a new hobby.

Join a local boxing gym, go there a few times a week if possible, get some weights at home if you don't have any already.
Best of luck to you.

Seems a bit ott you wanna be a pro boxer having never had a single amateur bout. At that weight you'll likely be getting sparked quick if you're no good.

You too mate

Like I mentioned earlier, I want to start training for the 2020 Olympics and work my way up

No, Olympic boxing is out of the question
If you love it go for it, odds are even if you go pro you'll be too old to compete with young bucks but if it's something you want to do then go for it
Don't listen to naysayers

One of my friends thought he could become a pro footy goalkeeper in China at 30 if he applied himself.
For some fucking reason.

>taking this thread seriously

You can't assume it's all shitposting, this last week I've really started to hate this place

OP is delusional

Is it really too late? even if I worked hard the next 4 years?

Hi OP, I find your decision to dedicate yourself to not only box but to go professional admirable. I'm in a similar situation, only 19 myself I'm thinking of dropping out of college and spending all my time training and learning the craft to become professional. From what I've gathered, your mental capacity must be far greater than all things physical. It's a sport were you must have serious self belief. Without that, you'll fall. Dare to be great.

something that only happens at HW. meanwhile in mma its every division.

Do insane trainings, I mean, train as much as you can to the point that if you train anymore you will only hurt yourself and get a worst perfomance.
When not training try to study the sport, that should help you on identifying your own weakness. Also watch a lot of professional matches.

I hope you are 10 years old.

anything is possible, Anthony Joshua, who is currently one of the most popular boxers started when he was 18 and won olympic gold.

That being said the majority of people who are very successful have been boxing since they were children.

I started boxing at 8. Started competing at 12.

I didn't have the drive to become pro, and at the age of 30, your chances of becoming anything but a can are pretty much zero.

Nearly every great boxer started from childhood (Mayweather Jr, Tyson)

Go to Johnny Tocco's boxing gym in Las Vegas and search for Luis Monda he is a young triner that has lineages that trace back to Eddie Futch, his influences are Mike Mccallum directly and also Charley Burley.

He will teach you right body mechanics and a old school style, relly he will teach you boxing right.

here are some videos of him

(Luis is the guy on the right)

youtube.com/watch?v=-UO4cweoeiU

youtube.com/watch?v=HGDNAaRpGvQ

Here are some of his guys sparring:

youtube.com/watch?v=K1r1wGdbKOc

youtube.com/watch?v=Gp7aRvXqQDU

youtube.com/watch?v=KDHkUAysvNA

youtube.com/watch?v=1umnOsGZs5g

Op is either a massive faggot or he's crazy.

Your pickup games ain't shit. If you're serious about boxing you need to go to a boxing gym, and start by asking someone to teach you how to shadowbox and throw a proper jab.

If you can manage that, maybe learn some defense and eventually spar. You don't just "get into boxing"... You gotta have the warrior mentality or don't even bother. If the thought of getting the shit kicked out of you makes you squeamish, you're not gonna make it.

>it's a retarded common plebeian thinks he can become a professional athlete just like that episode

You also need to define your goal better. Why do you wanna be a boxer? What do you hope to accomplish? You just want to be a "professional"? What does that even mean?

You wanna fight people for money or just for fun? You wanna be a world champion or you wanna be some bum? This is the kind of shit you gotta ask yourself.

Going to a boxing gym is actually a pretty bad idea.

Nobody there will take you seriously, and the trainers will try to get you to quit for months before teaching you shit, because you're too old to start.

The best you can hope for is to buy yourself a bag and practice different punches, then try to find sparring partners that'll go easy on you.

After you're already decent (And that might take a long while) you can come to a real gym and see if they'll train you.
If you want to get into combat sports and be competitive, you should try grappling.
People will be more chill about your age, and you might actually get good enough for tournaments pretty quickly, if you're dedicated. Plus you won't have to worry about brain damage, which in your case is inevitable if you start boxing.

Get lost then homo.

There's also no room in my Sup Forums

Deontay Wilder started boxing when he was 19

I'm 21 and I wanna start, too. But I'm not 6ft3, I'm 5ft8 and 154lbs lol
Boxing gives you so much confidence, it also makes pussys wet girls like that

>Achilles
>leaving

nigger is way too autistic to put down the Sup Forums