ITT: animated masterpieces

ITT: animated masterpieces

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x2x6rz7
dailymotion.com/video/x2kooh2_the-adventures-of-prince-achmed-1926-lotte-reiniger-oldest-surviving-animated-film_shortfilms
youtube.com/watch?v=0Pz-30wBxao
youtube.com/watch?v=PSYML5w5bgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=m8OXE7eBJeM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/thread

>anime

A better movie by the same director was already posted in here.

>jap shit
Yeah no. Not even good jap shit at that.

I never like that one that much, it does have the greatest opening titles of all time though.

here comes my favorite movie ever made

>/thread on your own post
>not this poster

truly pathetic

that's not even Kon's best movie

of course angel's egg is better, its just that those two are my favorites.

The art pushed it over Millennium Actress for me. That better be the one you were alluding to.

What's better? Paprika? please. It's the best of his "blur the wall/perception of fiction and reality" theme. I do wish it was more subtle about who was the bad guy though.

K I N O
I
N
O

dailymotion.com/video/x2x6rz7

dailymotion.com/video/x2kooh2_the-adventures-of-prince-achmed-1926-lotte-reiniger-oldest-surviving-animated-film_shortfilms

Millennium Actress

i fucking love animatrix

I can't believe that you think this. Otomo made a part for that, right?

The jokes in this movie are actually top notch

Batman: Gotham Knight is the best of all DC's films desu

Anyone else love the scene of Lalahs death in 0079? It makes me tear up a little each time I see it. Especially the bit where Amuro tears up and talks about how he's done something he can never make right.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Pz-30wBxao

This was a great movie. The weird stilted art style accentuates the bizzare world.

/thread

True kino.

Texnholyze is one of the series i tend to cite when people dismiss anime as a medium

It's so good.

80s ultraviolent shock value shit

a dozen series doesnt save a medium

The whole show, especially the final few episodes and namely this scene have touched my heart and soul in such a profound way.

unsettling fucking movie right there. Not scary, just really strange.

this thread needs some more variety. Not even exaggerating on pic related

What a gay

serial anime is, on the whole, pretty terrible, but there are people who actually believe that it's 100% impossible for any of it to be good. which is not true at all.

>implying
did you actually watch the extras with the director? A lot of the film is based on reality.

Japan never gave a shit about people with physical disabilities.

it's the same as any medium though, 99% of everything that exists is trash no matter what you are watching.

Redline was pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=PSYML5w5bgQ

anime is in a league of it's own in that regard.

Yeah, yeah. Anime is shit, we get it.

You probably haven't even watched any of the actually good ones so fuck off and go post about Marvel.

You're on a league of your own with great arguments like that.

I love Mamoru Oshii but I think Gainax are the most consistently great creators in anime, especially their early work. It's all so loaded with passion, you can really see that they put a lot of themselves into their work.

Oshii's great with visuals and his stories are interesting but I'm not 100% certain that anime is his place. I absolutely adore his live-action Kerberos movies and every time I watch them I wonder what he could do if he was trusted to work in live-action.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence > Ghost in the Shell

The sequel looks better and in my opinion, despite being weird as fuck is actually the more focused story. The first one feels a bit too much like Oshii's bound by convention, with the car chases, gunfights and thriller stuff. The sequel feels far more like it's all pulling in the one direction. It does have action sequences in it, but it doesn't feel like an action/thriller movie.

Was that part in the gif meant to be a homage to Outlaw Star? That movie had such a cool soundtrack.

What is that? It looks rad.

So is the 2 episode OVA what everyone means when they talk about this?

>someone attacks something
>someone else defends it
What's your issue?

That's OP's movie.

Angel's Egg. OP posted the poster. It's a very sparse movie with very little dialog. I recommend it.

hmm?

yeah

As soon as Anno stopped directing they turned into complete trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=m8OXE7eBJeM

this movie's really flawed, but I think it's one of the most interesting experiences I've had with a movie.

This?

Hack

you guys know there is more to animation than just anime right?

is that that weird Czech guy

ooh honeamise, that movie made me FEEL. and the animation is fucking gorgeous

yeah

I thought that too. The ship in their TV segment even looks like the Outlaw Star.

What was up with that attempted rape scene out of nowhere though?

Almost everything in evangelion came from somewhere else, and was simultaneously perfected.

I actually really enjoyed Diebuster, but I get what you mean. Once the original crew started to break apart into their own things they lost a lot of the original heart and drive. But that's kind of Diebuster's appeal, it's all about how times have changed but a new generation can still carry the fire, because anybody COULD be Gainax in their prime, they just have to find the same drive and passion.

Hopefully their Wings of Honneamise sequel can hit the same mark as the original. They got Hiroyuki Yamaga in charge again but I'm still not too sure. I think Honneamise is one of the best science-fiction movies ever made so they've got a pretty damn high standard to aim for.

Honneamise and Outlaw Star both deserve more love.

Watch it again, pleb.

Rip off artists can't make things better.

No, tell me now why he attacked that girl who helped him. It was related to nothing else and killed the whole vibe of the movie.

This. Even without subs you'd be in for a good time OP. And it's on Youtube.

_ ____ __ ____ ____ _____

Satisfied?

>ctrl+f fantasia
>0 posts

>All this Aniie May shitposting

why do I spend my time in this septic pool you guys call a website??

Eva didn't perfect shit, Rahxephon was a better Eva and even then it wasn't perfected.

There's a torrent with subs on idiot bt

there is no artist alive these days that is not a rip off artist.
diebuster is an insult to gunbuster's existance
And I meant everything until FLCL. After that they got decent again until they died.

When you actually watch the recommendations instead of thinking you're above it.

Certain things everyone knows about so it's a given that it doesn't need posted. Disney is one of those

1/10 or just a shit eating retard

Pom Poko is as good as any triptych by Bosch. It's like 10 movies happening at once.

100% serious, Rahxephon is legitimately one of the 10 greatest anime series ever made but gets shit on because it wasn't original.

That doesn't mean that it wasn't superior to the original though and that's an important distinction.

Literally the only move to make me physically ill.

good artists copy
great artists steal

if you don't realize that every single piece of media you consume is not somehow, almost certainly blatantly derivative of the "great works" that preceeded it, then you need to go back2basics, user-kun

I've seen it subbed and unsubbed. It's enjoyable either way just from the interesting visuals and designs.

__ ___

The difference is that Evangelion took inspiration from dozens of different things, sci fi novels anime western stuff experimental... There's no specific thing you can point to with eva, Rahxephon on the other hand came from one specific thing.

Hoping to watch it soon. The character designs on the poster are intriguing and not what I expect from a mech show.

Fantasia is only great if you're stoned.

>Implying I haven't seen most of them...

Shit nigga, people still posting evangelion like it's super high fucking animation art.. It's a somewhat well made kind of interestingly scripted series, but it only goes that far.

Ghost in the shell is just meh, with a little bit of sci-fi storyline.

The only somewhat respectable posts are:, andThe rest of you are nothing but a bunch of weaboos trying to legitimate your anime shit taste with the argument that it's only a little bit better produced than western animation.

Pic Related... it's what ground breaking animation actually looks like

Eva and GitS are baby's first anime and nowhere near the top yet you jumping to those proved my point.

>leave stopmotionkino to me

>killed the whole vibe of the movie
I think that that scene IS the whole vibe of the movie concentrated into one minute. You'll never get a 100% certain answer out of anybody because their isn't one. The easiest answer is that Ladhatt is an imperfect, confused, stressed and tired man, but there's got to be more to it than that.

For a start, you called Riquinni 'that girl who helped him.' She does help Ladhatt, by setting him onto the path of her religion and prompting him to start reflecting and straightening out his life, and also inspiring him because he wants to fuck her, but the way she acts after that first meeting can seem kind of frustrating to me. Ladhatt makes his intentions towards her known multiple times in a way that can't be misinterpreted but each time she refuses him and doesn't acknowledge his feelings while at the same time getting closer to him and becoming more dependent on his help.

Then there's this, this is the really fucking controversial bit that nobody can agree on. Riquinni may or may not have been a prostitute. Ladhatt, after discovering this would understandably be gutted and pretty much totally disillusioned with her and what she was preaching, at least for a while, and would also have been prompted to seriously reconsider those physical boundaries she was putting up and her haughty attitude towards his more base motivations.

But where do we draw this conclusion from? Well, think of when Ladhatt and Riquinni run into her house out of the rain. When she takes off her shoe some money falls out, and I'm not certain but I think it's supposed to be a decent amount. If she's a poor girl from the country where does she get that and why's she hiding it? Even if she isn't what I think she very well may be it shows that nobody is really pure and that even Riquinni, Ladhatt's spiritual savior, can be shrewd and dishonest.

So if you want a short answer, disillusionment with himself, his cause and Riquinni.

Is Metropolis a masterpiece?

Doesn't get enough love

I appreciate the detailed response man, that scene really threw me for a loop for a movie I wanted to love. The fact that its still stuck in my head means it should deserve a rewatch.

Wolf children

furthermore, as in industry, in art, as in every empire old and new-
every work of man is built upon the backs of others. Don't commit yourself to huddling over, peeking over the shoulders of the 'great masters'. Tip-toeing around perceived 'greatness' because you couldn't bear the thought.
Step on their backs and go higher than anyone has before. When you are dead hope your body adds to the pile so that more can rise to future further heights, not lay wayside and strangled like the other poor shmucks that cowered at "copy-cat" and "i've seen this before".
Artist or brick-layer. Celebritaunt or anonymous. CEO or fry-cook. Do what you do. Do it the best.
There are the bones of slaves and craftsmen in all of the worlds greatest monuments. Workers who cratered pavement after falling from the first skyscrapers. Some of our greatest minds immolated as their spacecraft fell out of the atmosphere.
Everything necessary to get us further, farther, and faster.

The setting and characters are beautiful and the plot is a bit more coherent than eva's, but don't expect it to be mostly mech focused it's much more of a drama series with chunks of mech action in between. Under rated as hell though, I've watched it 3 times now.

You smoke so much you became retarded user. Fantasia is one of, if not THE, greatest american achievement in animation, and arguably one of the greatest achievements ever in the medium.

Saw this as a kid. It is indeed. Especially since it's based on the original masterpiece by fritz lang.
>>dreamworks will never produce something of this caliber again
>>you will live to see the death of the studio

even after realizing I didn't believe in christianity anymore this movie still gives me chills. I well up during the burning bush scene. And again when rameses is lost in cave screaming at the end.

I disagree if only because it barely has any kind of narrative. In every other sense it is a masterpiece though.