Tfw the best black metal album of the year (maybe the decade...

>tfw the best black metal album of the year (maybe the decade?) is out there and Sup Forums doesn't give a shit because it was made by a black man

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JbRG0UAHn_c
youtu.be/LiJPOKeQ2Yk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He also made it the way he did because he made a thread here asking for ideas to make new music.

100% Agreed, except I really can't stand Sacrilegium I

hey I love hozier!

More like
>Sup Forums doesn't give a shit because "literally who"

Black people are not rarities in metal or anything, but I've never seen anything about this, or less importantly, the race of the person it was made by.

Listen to it, its an awesome unique mix of black metal and slave songs / spirituals

Its pretty bad and not an >awesome unique mix

its like at least two different albums mashed together in a completely incoherent way

No wonder it's terrible.

Go to bed Manuel

except there are black musicians in metal that make music worth talking about so

>Tfw my name is Manuel

Good night thread.

>black metal made by a nigger
>not pic related

Pacman is metal as fuck i agree.

None of them are on Sup Forums

i haven't completely listened to this but i'm not sure if tremolo picking and blast beats automatically make something black metal

he also took it down already from bandcamp

not really I feel like you are exaggerating it

>musician must post on Sup Forums to qualify as relevant

Absolute kek

This album doesn't fucking exist it comes out in February I missed listening to it while it was out so I listened to most of it on a shitty Russian website coated in malware

It really isn't good though

The pleb concentration in this thread is off the charts.

You think that's a good album?

Give the new Heimdalls Wacht Album a try, you'll love it.

>black metal
Have you ever even listened to black metal before?

You only hate it because it was made by a POC

kek

this, tho

This. It's not terrible or anything, I just don't hear black metal in the one song that's not copyright flagged on youtube.

It's more influenced by black metal than it is trying to be black metal. Children's Summon has probably the most black metal sound of all the available tracks.

On the contrary, the most prevalent assumption in this thread is:

>It's a brilliant masterpiece because it was made by a POC, and not thinking so would make you a RAYCIS

It's a moderately okay slavesong with some dark ambience in the background.

Okay, Children's Summon has a lot of metal elements in it. The best of the year? Not even close. It's alright, though.

Yeah I don't think it's the best of the year but as a novel fusion I thought it went over quite well, much better than it could have turned out if it had been approached with less care.

Nobody gives a shit because it's a shit album. I could not care less about who or what is behind it; it is plain BAD.

Please be fucking joking. It's fine, the black metal fusion is refreshing, there are some total filler tracks that could be completely cut. Solid 7. I have trouble believing anyone could hold the idea that it's "best black metal album of the year maybe the decade" if they actually made a habit of listening to lots of black metal, and I don't even listen to much myself.

Lmao can black people make ANY music without centering it around their race?

gay and fake

some good tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=JbRG0UAHn_c

Nope.

I am a person of color, and I can recognize that it isn't very good. It's not that bad, but why listen to this when I could just listen to better Black Metal, Gospel, Negro Spirituals, etc, that wasn't hamfisted together?

>I am a person of color, and I can recognize that it isn't very good.
But you can't recognize bait, apparently.

it's not centered around race at all. It just has elements of it's music. It's more centered around satan imho

>only music
They can't breath without their race card.

He made it the way he did because someone in the thread told him to make "black metal" AND "nigger music"

Because it's getting reissued.
The idea behind this album is much better than its execution, but I'm sure his next effort will be a step in the right direction now that he's not seeing this project as a joke anymore

Huh. Never heard of this before. Actually pretty cool. The BM elements seem fairly minimal, but I've always liked BM and blues + soul music, so.

Btw I'm white. Is the whole album out?

How is this black metal, the only metal parts are so far from black metal or comparable to metalcore or "pop"metal.

Please explain it to me, theres nothing i find extreme or brutal in the songs ive found.
At least compared to standard black metal albums like this one: youtu.be/LiJPOKeQ2Yk

It was released early 2016 but was taken offline when he signed a record deal for a re-issue

The idea was good, but the album completely missed the target.
Production is flat, instruments sounds like a shitty virtual amp, instruments parts only consists in archetypes of the genres, overall composition is uninteresting...

It's actually a pretty generic album regardless of what the first idea was.

this album is this year's Sunbather - an artist puts out a mediocre to okay album with some black metal elements, and is immediately fellated by the underground press for "REINVENTING THE BLACK METAL WHEEL" while metal fans largely ignore it or find it lacking

THEN, tourists and hipsters that want the scene cred of listening to black metal start bashing BM lifers for 'not accepting change', etc.

I personally found this album to be a decent concept but kinda incoherent. I'm surprised it didn't get jerked more by Pitchfork considering the dude behind it is black and that's a requirement for BNM these days

>black metal screaming
>tremolo picking
>blast beats
>satanic lyrics

You can't get more black metal than that

more songs like title track?

We told him to do it that way you tard

critically and commercially underrated post.

I really liked the mixture of black spiritual music with black metal, and it was great. One of my aoty,

Colored person*

Person of color is offensive now. Person of trans is fine though, just don't say transperson.

so how many posts itt are from the guy who made the album? half?

Actually to the best of my knowledge when it original dropped on bandcamp most people were complimenting the album for its music and concept and less so about its racial context, at least in the way you're talking about. It wasn't until sites like vice started hyping it up and throwing the usual thinkpiece politics into the context that people started seeing it that way.

>55 posts
>37 ips
stop shilling your disgusting nigger music, senpai

I bet you haven't listened to more than 10 black metal records lmao

This album is an actually decent blend of pop music and black metal
Although the black metal guitars are extremely generic and it really sounds like watered down pop music with negro spiritual chants over it, i can see why people would like it, it's pretty fucking catchy.
You should listen to it like when you listen to some catchy modern pop music

Wrong, 11 :^)

what is wrong with catchy black metal?
album is still pretty underwhelming tho