/daily/ - "the low-key return of raz" edition

It's the beginning of a new life!

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>no minors allowed

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YB9VowWezng
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various-artists/the-national-jazz-museum-in-harlem’s-the-savory-collection-volume-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for the ballet was nice but I got bored over time because I'm a pleb 3.5/5 I rec if you want 30 mins of prettyness this song is 10/10 tho youtube.com/watch?v=YB9VowWezng

Thanks lads, it means a lot. I was literally expecting one (you) :)

Sorry to break your nyart

Stan Getz, Dizzy Gillespie & Sonny Stitt - For Musicians Only (1958)
>bebop

An absolutely riotous good time. I've always seen Getz (especially after listening to Getz/Gilberto) as a really subdued, somewhat boring performer, but the addition of Gillespie and Stitt really brings out the energetic side of all of them, making for one of the most purely /fun/ albums I've heard in quite some time. It's Gillespie's album, he plays the hell out of his trumpet, adding obscene amounts of power and commanding the listener's full attention every single time he plays, no matter how insignificant his part may seem. The b-side pales a bit compared to the really wonderful a-side, but wholly it's a really damn fun and enjoyable album.

3.0+

Martin Newell - The Greatest Living Englishman (1993)
>psychedelic pop, pop rock

In retrospect, I like the roughness of the Cleaners From Venus' self-titled, mainly because this is overproduced to a complete fault. It's got a really gross synthesized feel to it, Newell's songwriting style is intrinsically natural and down-to-earth and this production suits it horribly. His songwriting is also a bit less memorable than his prior works, it's really pleasant and serviceable Beatlesque pop with some nice melodies but it's derivative as hell and too damn posh and whimsical. A decent pop album with some glaring issues.

2.0+

What do you think of the current poseur chart?

My auto rec has zero range holy shit

It also recommended like 5 albums a piece from Neil Young, Tom Waits and Nick Cave lmao. Guess I'll be sticking with the tourney and 2016 releases to get out of my bubble

needs more of my favorites on it :)

This is fantastic

Yeah it is!
That album was on the turntable of my old college house for like 2 months.

seems the same as the old one. old one said 2016, so it needs to be all new for the 2017 one
could use sondre lerche if we're being honest

sleepy pig

>/daily/ was tricked into thinking I had good taste
ruse of the century

i will judge your taste based on your rating of Telstar Drugs's self titled debut (egg paper cassette factory, 2012).

Listen to Beware of the Dog, it'll blow you away.....

I will!

Looks like shamepais chart t b h
Only heard halber mensch but its thejr worst fucking album
I agree with a lot of your opinions but your favourites look REALLY uninteresting to me
Got any of that babby stuff

To each their own I guess :)

>babby
Ummm wut

Entry level stuff

Sorry, I'm not following m8. Might have something to do with me sleeping like shit

>Only heard halber mensch but its thejr worst fucking album
Huh, what else have you heard from them?

The one with the silhouttes on it and like half of the one with Youme/Meyou, but the people who praise that album say the dumbest shit, so many people say Yu-Gung is dancing music and it makes me wonder if they have ever been to a party in their life.
How can you even dance to it besides jumping on the spot and flailing your hands like an autistic child.

21st for ALIEN RIFFS

Yü Gung was running in alot of clubs when the albums was released, it was their first commercial success, apparently it worked well back then

Im pretty sure one could dance to yu-gung without resorting to the flailing of arms. Dunno if you actually listened to it properly but there's a beat in it.

Also are you trying to tell me you don't even like yu-gung? For real?

Hey Fish, I saw you rated Jyocho's album. I can't find it anywhere. Mind upping it?

sure yeah putting it on mega now.

I actually bought it believe it or not because I also couldn't find it anywhere.

If anyone wants to hear the new EP from the ex-Uchu Conbini member I just uploaded it here: here

Thanks man!

Can you stop this "haha worst taste" meme already

Only heard halber mensch from that whole fucking chart?
The fuck are you doing in /daily/!?

>Tfw Blaze's range has gotten a lot worse
Was hoping his new album might be okay at least but meh :/
How'd I do?

i will kever understand why youbdislike Halber Mensch

Why do you write like the fucking needledrop?

i do?

what r good books on intermediate music theory or music composition

Music Theory for Dummies

Oh en user (Antonio?), kom naar Utrecht tbf

>reading books
ahahaha nerd

Greg Lake just died in case anyone here still likes proge

to the user who said he could hook me up with more metal reccs, please do
would love to hear some more shit

Can you step off mate

the 33 1/3 book for In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

Hop on Pop

I'm late, but good shit yesterday. Do some originals now.

Where do you fall?

>jumping on the spot and flailing your hands like an autistic child.
are you one of those fags who are too cool for fun?

i dont get it

Most of these seem like leftist/libertarian things to listen to. What does the "alt-right" listen to? Industrial? Trance? Nightcore?

Noooo! From The Beginning is one of the tracks that made me want to play guitar as a kid :(

I dont mean it in a fun way, it could be ok in a fun way, I mean looking at the ceiling and having your face stressfully pulling an agressive frown

read the chart, it says you listen to nails on a chalkboard you dumb nazi

I'm alt-right? I've been "cucked "

any music where they wear gas masks seems like an alt-right thing

>Bad political memes in my daily
REEEEEE

Morning /daily/!
First final in 3 hours, literally why am I posting right now.

classical should be in the center
replace skrillex with burzum

I wish I could tell all the college kids on this board not to trip about finals. You'll never have an employer see your test scores or even your college transcript

Skrillex and Diplo ;-]

Somewhere between Rihanna and normcore t b h

I'll never have an employer if I don't pass my finals!

>You'll never have an employer see your test scores or even your college transcript
was a pretty big deal for the big four when I had interviews

Oh yeah, definitely graduate--within 4 years, ideally.

you'll never have an employer because you will soon be caught fucking a pig from behind by a local farmer and he'll shoot you, no questions asked

Is this a US-centric based thing or a European one? Kinda matters tbqh

This man is right. If you're doing something super ambitious, trip about your finals

being ambitious is for bourgeois fascist pigs

You do you, boss

Mostly joking; I'm pretty positive I'm going to pass.
The only course I'm worried about is numerical methods, but I have 3.5 days to study for it exclusively.
I also only need a 32% on the final to pass the course :]

If any music bois can teach me real quick which notes you raise in a descending harmonic scale I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet.

Anyone have a link or plan on buying this? PLS
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various-artists/the-national-jazz-museum-in-harlem’s-the-savory-collection-volume-1/

Exam time, wish me luck!

First side is especially hard to appreciate now, so it just sounds outdated and a little dumb instead of futuristic and out-there, which was surely the aim. Second side is just great. I struggle with how to rate these.

Why does everyone have a trip here?

/daily/ is basically a community thread kind of like a forum so we know eachother, a lot of us dont trip outside of daily
We also all got ryms n a discord

>futuristic and out-there, which was surely the aim
how

jesus fuck this general is fucking retarded

i wanna guzzle warm cum :3

Read about the production techniques he was experimenting with on this. And fuck off or get a trip

Haha me too

testerino

>Jandek - Manhattan Tuesday

The line up for the fifth live release of Corwood Industries is something special. Rep is on 2 synthesisers (!), Loren Connors (!!) on guitar, Matt Heyner on bass, and Chris Corsano on drums! This impressive little line up performs a single piece for one and a half hour entitled “Afternoon of Insensitivity”.

How does this sound? Pretty great if you ask me. Every single member works sublimely on this one. Let’s start from the Rep. He plays 2 synths with organ presets, concentrating on jumping between single keys, going up and down through octaves now and then. Serene in the style of The Cell, but the organ-like sounds are much more interesting to listen to. Especially when you have Loren Connors messing around with a wah pedal and what reminds me of an EHX Small Stone. Bubbly sound of the underwater lies supports this ambient atmosphere from Jandek’s synth lead. In the meantime, Chris Corsano plays some fire fills that are somewhat march-like and bring in a sense of tension and momentum to the ambient world the Rep brings the audience into. In the moments of pause between the guitar and the organ, Matt Heyner either delivers juicy pizzicatos or dissonant legatos. The general sound reminds me of the cinematic indeterminate sensation of some Charles Ives compositions.

This is all supported by Sterling Smith’s recital of a lengthy piece. The topic of boredom is connected to the absence of purpose in life. “We simply manufacture circumstances that create a necessity to do something / Except for the procurement of basic comfort as a human being” says Jandek in his lengthy speech (spoken word with occasional vocalise). He touches upon the sensation of being bored like no other and manages to approach it from every single angle he can. As a person who gets bored a lot, this was very received by me. This is probably Jandek’s most interesting live text so far.

Great recording that is somewhat held back by the length and the occasional feeling of sameness for certain episodes. Definitely recommend this though, wonderful recording.

8+/10

PS: Why the hell did Loren just sit in his sunglasses, not playing anything for the last 20 minutes of the piece? Dude…

Because he knows you retarded avant teens will lap it up anyway.

He's alright. Not my type of bluesman desu

>tfw some rym-knowitall calls a band you dunno much in the style of generic, so you go through nearly all his ratings for the genre but don't really find shit

Pretty esoteric. What was it?

different release by the same band

Finally listening to this. While the static is initially pretty unbearable, there's some good stuff here. The commentary is pretty cool too. Would recommend for any NMH who hadn't ever checked out the demos.

Stop being lame

>Stop being lame

This is just the way God made me!

God is lame, praise someone else instead

>implying it's even a meme
it's also in refference to something some people said in the last thread you flippin' fuck

Some butthurt anons decided to log on today

hi
what's good?

What the FUCK

Why is he wearing that stupid man suit?

The Chi-Lites

not in *that* sense

nice sinterklaas

seven pines was really nice, but a little longer seeming than I was happy with. I also felt like his compositions are dense, compared to fahey. like silence doesnt play as big a part, which leaves it sounding a little more overbearing than I think suits primitivism. still really nice though, recommended if you enjoy Fahey and/or Basho.

presently listening to Danny Brown, my first time listening to an album of his. it's fucking stupid but it's excellent.

Yes?!

check ur clogs