What's the Dark Souls 3 of film?

What's the Dark Souls 3 of film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8&feature=player_detailpage#t=9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Batman forever. movie that was thought as better than the second one but will slowly be remembered as just as shitty as it instead

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

I really wish people would stop making these thinly disguised Sup Forums threads. If you want to discuss your children's toys, why don't you go back there?

/thread

Demon's Souls is Terminator 1
Dark Souls 1 is Terminator 2
Dark Souls 2 is Terminator 3
Bloodborne is Avatar
and Dark souls 3 is a new terminator if Cameron ever came back.

Man Sup Forumsirgins have the worst taste even when it comes to their own medium

why are there so few trilogies where the 2nd movie is the weak link? lotr is the only one I could think of

dark souls 3 may not be an awful game, but dark souls 1 is still better. its above dark souls 2 but not a whole lot. poise is fucked and the pvp is fucking awful

Bloodborne is Terminator Salvation.
Because it's good

because you're not concerned with establishing the plot or closing it

Poise is just handholding. Hyper armor is way better. Not that you ever played Demon's Souls.

Also dark souls 1 may have had the better design but it falls apart exactly because they mismanaged the budget so much and gone crazy with the early level design.

To use our movie metaphor it is like a movie were they waste all the budget on the opening cgi and then the rest is all on strings. With DaS1 you see the string coming out.

Now if DaS1 had another year of dev time then maybe you had a point. The design is better but the execution is so much worse.

Demon's, Bloodborne and dark souls 3 all have good design and execution.

>do nothing but wait for enemy to attack => press dodge button => attack enemy twice => repeat
>shit performance, boring or no music, monotonous

Not sure.

Why is it always Dark Souls children that have to shit up other boards with their game? Always those guys.

Don't compare those awful, overhyped by teenagers and approved by NeoGAF shit games with Terminator, you disgusting Redditor.

The Dark Souls of Sup Forums is unquestionably Drive.
In terms of time of release, relative respect within their mediums, the kind of people who enjoy them. I could go on.

So it would stand to reason that Dark Souls 2 is Only God Forgives since they're both trash

Which would make Dark Souls 3 the Sup Forums equivalent of Neon Demon

You just whined about two different websites nobody here gives a shit about.

Nobody on Sup Forums gives a shit about website wars. That is Sup Forumsirgin territory.

>Which would make Dark Souls 3 the Sup Forums equivalent of Neon Demon
Well now I am excited to see Neon Demon.

First one was a sleeper hit but stayed off of most peoples radar.
Second was the definitive title, university praised but still somewhat lacking. Still able to fuel all subsequent sequels.
Third was a let down, done by a team uninvolved with the first one and felt very different.
Last one (DS3) goes back to what made the formula great, delivers on everything a sequel should be and ignores most of the baggage from the failed sequel.

So you're looking for a 4 part series with 2=4>1>3. Not only are tetralogies rare, but to have the quality progress in this pattern is difficult.

Buy user, there IS one such series! No not Hunger Games, or Alien, or even Batman or Hannibal. The series you are looking for is Mad Max! Not only does it almost fit the above formul, but it has the perfect candidate for DS3. You guessed it? Fury Road.

Thats the Dark Souls 3 of film, and it is in fact the only accrptable answer to your question. Now go watch it if you havent, you'll enjoy it as much as u enjoyed DS3.

Neon Demon doesn't have the Goose in it though.

I would add say DS1 = Drive, DS2 = The Place Beyond the Pines because different director/creator.

Then Dark Souls 3 is OGF.

Are you counting Demon's Souls as the first?

The Sup Forumsermin infestation is real. Remember to sage and hide, folks.

Who the fuck wouldn't?

What about Bloodborne?

Absolutely, you can't have DaS1-3 without DeS.

The obvious runner up would be TDK series, since Demons=Begins, DaS1= TDK and DaS2 = TDKR, but Nolan is never gonna make a forth so no dice.

>>do nothing but wait for enemy to attack => press dodge button => attack enemy twice => repeat

you can trivialize every video game in existence like that

Dark Souls 1 is There Will be Blood. A masterpiece in every regard, originating around the same general time period, and basically forgotten by everyone but fanboys.

Dark Souls 2 is the Master. Superior in many ways, like visuals and art direction, but far less "heart", less easily enjoyed by the general public.

Dark Souls 3 is Inherent Vice. Basically genius again from a purely technical standpoint, but certain "quirks" quickly become irritating, even if you realize what's going on and why they are that way.

It's obviously the other big project George Miller invested his time on. Happy Feet.

>actually dying to the tree
>attacking its hand instead of the eggs around its body
>playing on console
that chink deserved it. im not even a souls fag and i beat that fucker easy

>original works of both mediums were largely experimental, but remembered fondly for their technical success and simplicity that breeds complexity
>both spawned greatly recognized stereotypes despite catering to a great variety of people
>both's critics are completely fucking worthless in their own ways
>as of late they both have had large, overdone trash with unnecessarily huge budgets

The list goes on. I will never understand why Sup Forums and Sup Forums are so filled with 40 year old dads with nothing in life to live for.

Kek

>i only consume mature entertainment for mature individuals such as myself. so leave and let me talk about zootopia

youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8&feature=player_detailpage#t=9

God Sup Forums is so much better at discussing videogames than Sup Forums

Wish you fuckers were that passionate about movies and television

He literally did nothing wrong, prove me wrong.

Only autistic beta cucks hate him.

Sup Forums is better at discussing entry level anime than Sup Forums and Sup Forums is better at legitimately discussing Capeshit than Sup Forums. When you discuss off-topic media, shitposting usually goes down. Even some of the best Bane threads happen on other boards.

Bullshit. With the ending I got compared to LOTR: ROTK it will be like Frodo tossing the ring into Mount Doom and having the ring stay on the charcoal of lava. Frodo says "it's over," and then cut to credits.