Who in your opinion is the greatest living musician?

Who in your opinion is the greatest living musician?

If your answer is anything other than Paul McCartney, you're fucking wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YkofRibL_Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=KCSc0qkUshg
youtube.com/watch?v=VJDJs9dumZI
youtube.com/watch?v=HZwMX6T5Jhk
dailymotion.com/video/xp62wx_mama-s-and-the-papa-s-i-call-your-name_music
laweekly.com/music/top-20-musicians-of-all-time-in-any-genre-the-complete-list-2401986/2
youtube.com/watch?v=jxZD-aCzk00
youtube.com/watch?v=HXLOF0l_WUY
youtube.com/watch?v=F4hQ4J4BFOM
youtu.be/bn5TNqjuHiU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Drake

/thread

I saw him in 2013 and again this year. He played a shitload of classic Beatles songs and it is seriously nothing short of a life-changing experience

top kek

Kanye West, he's a motherfucking lyrical genius.

Also, he's a gay fish.

faggot

Andrew Jackson Jihad
Think Sup Forums if it was a folk punk band
Lyrics are not for normies

youtube.com/watch?v=YkofRibL_Ww

>lyrical genius

what rhymes with 'nigga' ?

bigga

What shit music do you listen to, then

youtube.com/watch?v=KCSc0qkUshg

this

Who the fuck is that faggot?

And the correct answer is Kanye

I love Paul, I went to a concert in 2013 I think, and it was amazing.
But I believe Lennon's music was much more revolutionary, and took more risks, even if it didn't always pan out. But, my top LIVING musician has to be Bob Weir. His rhythm guitar playing revolutionized the way we play and hear the instrument. With jazz chords played along with rock music, he truly created a complex, original style that's hard to match.

Not liking late 60's George Harrison "As my guitar gently weeps"
youtube.com/watch?v=VJDJs9dumZI
user do you hate love?

That's not Paul, it's Faul.

what makes him so great again?

Damon Albarn

Dont ask for my opinion then penis face

Ronny James Dio

Although he's not my favorite or idea of greatest by a long shot, Band on the Run is one of the greatest fucking songs of all eternity and forever. Much respect and papabless.

>rhythm guitar
>greatest living musician

Ronnie*

You fucking asshole

john lennon was just an amazing song writer and was really the first to do such confessional, real song writing. the first to make it mainstream anyways, and it still wasn't that big outside of new york city back then.

paul on the otherhand was a commercial sucess, a musical genius in his own right able to craft the perfect pop song to rake in top dollar. the man only saw money, bitches, and weed. he lives for the limelight and earned it

this man
youtube.com/watch?v=HZwMX6T5Jhk

>Paul McCartney
>alive
paul died 50 years ago

I mean yeah, that is really good and shows indication of true talent
But it also speaks to the possibility of him.. you know.. selling out. The minute the music becomes for the money and not for the message

This is true.

Maynard James Keenan

exactly, paul sold out which is why he's seen as larger than life and has always been famous as fuck

john on the other hand, even though he never wrote a pop song like paul did is always everyones' favorite beatles because he was real, man. after the beatles he was saying shit out loud no one had the courage to. i think that speaks volumes on the type of man john is, and it's why he's my favorite beatle.

paul was better talented, a better singer, a better guitar player, and better looking than john, and everyone still likes john more.john just made us all feel things with his music, even in the beatles. listen to the early takes of "yes it is" and you see john always had that emotion in his songwriting even in the earlier days of the beatles. that's the biggest thing about john lennon, man.

/thread

FUCKING YES

Matthew Bellamy

Frank Sinatra

Why don't we ever browse Sup Forums

Paul McCartney's solo career hasn't been that great.

For fucks sake, if you actually think musicians don't want to make a living playing music you have no clue how any of this works. Paul is an overrated bass player from a overrated 60's pop group. But don't call him a sell out because so many people like his music and buy it affirding him massive sums of wealth. You think Townes Van Zandt gave a shit about all the respect he had as the greatest songwriter of the 20th century? No, he wanted to earn a living a eat.

Paul McCartney just is kind of trying to stay relevant and it's almost sad to watch it take place

Although maybe it's hypocritical of me to say because I really love david bowie

The wine maker?

Roger Waters, Dave Gilmour

no idea user, but this conversation is really getting my juices flowing lol

that's why music and capitalism always works out weird, it can never truly be about the art.

on the bright side though, the beatles had a lot of "raw" underground years. just check out the hamburg live shows, true magic in there, man. real rock 'n roll. they did do surprisingly well for a pop group however, and made some truly revolutionary songs.

Who is David Byrne?

he just loves the stage man. they say he has over a billion dollars, but he's always loved being in front of people and singing his soul out. it's probably better than sex and any drug for the man

John Lennon needed someone to bring it out of him. He was fucking lazy. Paul road his fucking ass and challenged him to write good music, Yoko did much of the same, and yet they are hated by die hard Lennon fans. Yet he would have done far less without them driving him

Tigran Hamasyan. Look him up if you haven't heard of him

I don't know guys. I don't really think Paul is the greatest anymore, he used to be after Michael Jackson died, but that's 6 years ago and Paul is not so relevant anymore.

That's not saying he isn't a great musician and artist, just my 2 cents.

sufjan stevens

You're a fucking idiot if you believe any of the ignorance your spewing right now. Go to Sup Forums and get roasted for talking about the Beatles, pleb

true words man. they were a songwriting match made in heaven. i like that with yoko he revisted his rock n roll roots, vs. paul's evolving style into newer and newer genres of music. paul mccartney has just always been a hard fucking worker when it comes to music. i don't think people realize how much time and effort is truly put into the recording studio.

hell, the man made an album by hismelf on a farm in scotland

I'm not denying the the duos ability to write popular songs, but I think they fucking suck, and garner far too much credit. Just saying

the beatles literally suck fucking dick

>user uses ad hominem to a stranger on the internet

try using your reasoning and maybe try a bit harder next time, faggot

Ayeeee m'boy

Vic Fuentes

there's nothing wrong with your opinion user, every form of art is subjective.

me personally, find the beatles to be the best music i've listened to, and i've listened to a lot.

chances are I wouldn't like the band you love the most, in fact tell me which artist is your favorite so I can check them out!

Fuck

Eh I always thought the American version of the Beatles to be better (The Mamas & The Papas). The one song the M&P covered by the Beatles is way better than the original IMO
dailymotion.com/video/xp62wx_mama-s-and-the-papa-s-i-call-your-name_music

you're a literal faggot kill yourself

win

No question

best poetry

Apperently if you know who he is faggot then you're an even bigger one fuckface

>comes to /b and feels the need to point out perceived, baseless attacks.

I'm just pointing out your shit posting user, if you think art and commerce cannot coexist then maybe you should open your eyes, because it always has. Art is not subjugated by money, content is. And if you're too dense to know the difference, then I suggest you stop shit posting.

Second best song writer of the 20th century, and the answer to greatest living song writer

you put his name i listened to his music and he makes emo music hes a faggot and so are you slit your wrists.

winrar

GTFO, seriously kill your self

fuck yeah

you stupid faggot, i said that's why people sell out and end up making pop songs to make money. and art has always been subjugated by money. at least in western civilization

he was good, wasnt keen on the guy that replaced him though

Yes I am going to say it. Eminem. Trust me.

He's insanely talented, has 2 bands and a solo career which are all successful, plus an insanely beautiful voice.

John Lenno...
Kurt Coba...

Let's try this again

Freddie Merc...
Jimmy Hendr...

Michael Jackso...

Come on... fuck!

Elvis Presl...
Johnny Ca..

Ravi Shanka...
Tupa..

The greatest musician who is still alive is William Hung. According to this website:

laweekly.com/music/top-20-musicians-of-all-time-in-any-genre-the-complete-list-2401986/2

I don't even know who the fuck that is, but he looks like a fucking faggot.

>eminem and not the beastie boys
get out you degenerate fuck

Wow, you're ignorance knows no boundaries. You're shit posting yourself into a hole user, grab a rope and hang yourself. Product ceases to be art and becomes content when sold, expressly for monetary gain. Art is sold to create more art, part of that creation process involves, food, housing and the search for more inspiration. Content is sold to ensure comfort and complacency. You are the decider of what is art to only yourself. user, if you really believe that money and art only coexist in western culture, you really need to get a clue.

hung is legend m8 fuck off

Can you post me one of his songs that are good?

To say I like one band more than any other is surely impossible. Sure I can like some more than others, but to out one band or artist ahead of all is a exercise of folly

youtube.com/watch?v=jxZD-aCzk00

Chuck Berry. And Paul McCartney would agree.

first of all, you're a good troll. second of all, you have a really, really hard time actually reading shit. do i need to greentext?

>capitalism runs world
>artist wants to make art, needs to make money
>makes art to the standards of man with money(record label, the medici family, the government)
>little artist makes their art in a different standard, selling out their true artistic integrity in order to live in our society(capitalism)
>that's why people call many pop singers sell outs

it's really not that fucking hard user

real shit

i think macca would say elvis, chuck berry, and buddy holly

Exactly right. Paul fucking McCartney. Jesus wept. Most Beatles songs are little more than nursery rhymes.

Sore Wigg is the best hands down.

youtube.com/watch?v=HXLOF0l_WUY

>you're ignorance
kek

/thread

Is this even a question?

youtube.com/watch?v=F4hQ4J4BFOM

>Greatest living
That's like half the musicians from Paul's generation disqualified.
I would say for an artist mastering a genre Janis Joplin with the blues. The fomer greatest (Billie Holiday) can't even compete

youtu.be/bn5TNqjuHiU

are you fucking retarded. listen to John lens solo work vs Paul Mcartney and the wings. The wings are fucking trash and John Lennon was better than Paul and john isn't even the greatest artist of all time. You're such a faggot

you sound like you just watched some VH1 special. Take your regurgitated analysis and fuck your face. "sold out"...what do you think that even means?

>bruce lee
>on that list full of demonic wife beating sell outs

yeah no, bruce was above all of those people sorry

David Bowie.
...damn.

Okay okay i pick Lemmie

I got nothing, music is dead