What would've happened if Truman had raped and/or murdered someone on the show?

What would've happened if Truman had raped and/or murdered someone on the show?

huge ratings!

>every tine you've masturbated, millions of people have watched you do it

this movie really fucked me up, i think it was the catalyst for my delusions

I did quite like that nod in early Family Guy
>You think he's onto us?
>No, he's an idiot.

Truman was brought up in a way that would frown upon Masturbation.

Christophe wouldnt allow it, or he would, who cares anyway.

I guess Truman could have raped or killed someone but only as a revolt after realizing his world was a sham.

Before he knew that, his life was idealistic, so he never had any real issues to deal with other than his father's mysterious "death."...

I saw it for the first time when I was a little kid, and for about 24 hours, I was absolutely convinced that my reality was totally staged.

They would've noticed if he has any sociopathic tendencies and stopped the show.

They probably would've done what they do when he has sex with his wife and just pan the camera away and play music.

Narcissistic much

How would Christophe have stopped it? Spray water in his face like a cat?

This show was basically The Matrix starring Jim Carrey

has literally nothing to do with narcissism

Well. Christophe had the ability to police Truman's world close to 24/7 (although the girl he had the crush on played by Natasha Mcellyhne was the exception)

>deluded sense of self worth
Try again

dumbfuck

he would be arrested

Imagine killing a guy in a fit of rage, and immediately getting swarmed by some dudes in stagehand duds to be whisked off to some windowless room.

>alright so here's the deal, the real police are going to come in and arrest you, and you'll be leaving this place. Sorry but we saw the whole thing, your life's a TV show and now you're going to prison

You're then sent to a state jail without any further explanation, to be sodomized by people that have watched your every intimate moment as you grew up.

talk about a lousy Monday

>armchair psychologists
Fuck off ya nerd

Since Christof & his backers are apparently powerful enough to keep the Truman Show running for decades, I assume he's willing to lock down the dome and deny entry or exit to anyone in order to preserve the atmosphere of the show. Truman's desperate attempts to escape the police (on a small island, even better) would be the most suspenseful TV ever aired - even if the cops were shooting rubber bullets and ordered not to harm Truman at any cost. They'd air the chase, they'd air the arrest, they'd air his phony court hearing - and maybe, when he was convicted, they'd let him go - out of the show dome and into IRL prison. No one wants to watch an inmate mope in his cell for hours every day. That's not good television.

What if they set up an escape plotline?

He'd probably be arrested and put in jail. You think they don't have a jail inside the dome? You think they don't have real cops on the inside?

The show would just continue with Truman's life on the inside

Do you mean an escape from the dome, or escape from police? Legal authorities (IRL) would never allow Truman to escape his crimes, and Christof and his team would be implicated as enablers. Escape from the police would be impossible. A staged escape from the dome could be orchestrated, but the public would ask "What happened to Truman after he escaped?"

There's really no way out for Christof - or Truman.

The mystery was his reapperance, which was staged too. So they actually fucked themselves.

Christophe would have played it off to the world as a fabricated storyline for Truman to act out on the show with fake prop knives that seem to stab and eject blood and turn the cameras away when the violence happens and just make sure the bodies are cleaned up.

Escape from show prison.