The Wheel of Time

so i guess this is getting a tv show

Hoping there is someone ambitious millionaire behind it or it'll be shit. Or an animated series which would be ok.

Supposedly a "major" studio

Why is this thread being slid? The wheel of time is massively popular

OP has made the exact same thread for the past several days, same OP, same image, same everything. Either it's an autistic OP or viral marketing, and I say this as someone who fucking loves this series.

It's a Sony/AMC partnership, and they paid 10 mil for the rights

>Massively popular
>The only people who seem to read this series are forever alone wizards and brain fried stoners.

Seriously I hope this garbage never gets made.

The wheel of time is massively popular though, it could be coincidence

Just researched this and it appears to be true. Holy shit. AMC is the perfect network for this series.

HOLY SHIT

Wow, another fantasy series where the author died before he could finish the series? They're really trying to get some of that Game of Thrones money, aren't they.

Brandon Sanderson is still alive, troll.

I want to spank Rand

every time

As a fan of the books I can't hep but imagine they will fuck this up. 98% of the story is tea parties and politics. I can't imagine it making compelling TV.

Original author was Robert Jordan, who died before the final books were written. Sanderson finished the series based on notes from Jordan.

I think everyone knows that. Jordan died very young which is sad.

Are they actually going to follow the books or are they just using the WoT world and lore ?
I'd go with the second one considering how much bullshit the'd have to cut out anyway.

Ah yes, the story of Elyandero, the side character from book 11 who showed up for half a chapter and flicked her skirts at someone.

While I'd prefer they just go with the lore and make an original story, I doubt they would. They're going to try to emulate the success of GoT.

Wonder what they're going to do with the power battles though? Have women staring at each other? Or add some cheesy special effects of light weaving?

Rand having 3 waifus.
Imagine the SJWS cries of pain.

Series is cursed.

If it's going to be shit, the director(s) will die a few days before it airs in some freak accident.

a lot of the female characters were either super helpless or just shrilly annoying. I hope they are changed. Fuck nyaeve or however you spelled her name.

Yeah it's basically confirmed given the past negotiations and the rumours that have been leaking out on Twitter the last few days. Sounds good to me, pretty sure Breaking Bad was a similar co-production.

:)

They're aiming for 5 seasons, rough outline being

Season 1 - Books 1 and 2
Season 2 - Book 3, some of book 4
Season 3 - some of book 4, book 5, book 6
Season 4 - books 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Season 5 - books 12, 13, 14

of course if the show is super successful they'd probably extend it to 6 or 7 seasons like GOT, but that is the vague plan as according to Jason Denzel who is one of the producers, and Adam Whitehead who is a blogger with a lot of sources close to production

Nah, he's just polyamorous. Plus Mat marries a black chick

I like Nynaeve. All the characters go through some serious character development through it. I never thought the women were portrayed as helpless or shrilly, except from the mens points of view. In the womens points of view it's the reverse.

>ywn watch an Outriggers show about Mat's adventures in Seanchan

Season 4 I understand but Season 5 seems too condensed.

Book 1 is a standalone story in and of itself. It's weird they wouldn't make that a season of its own. I guess the ending is too cut and dry, no room for cliffhangers.

>that clusterfuck season 4

Dear lord.

Here's to hoping that we don't get a 5 minute aerial fly thtough view of Tar Valon each episode a character there is shown.

Not much happens in those books though. Mostly chatting and tea parties. They're gonna have to cut most of that out to make it watchable.

Polyamoury is only progressive when it's one woman, her buck and her cuck.

The story is way too short and there's little of the specific WOT appeal (Seanchan, channelling mishaps, etc.).

They'd both be heavily truncated, and AMOL was extremely padded anyway. Could do the Last Battle in two episodes. TGS and TOM can combine nicely since they're basically at the same time.

Once you whittle those books down to the actual important character and plot moments, there really isn't much there. You could do season 4 in less episodes than any other season.

Winter's Heart and KoD are full of important moments

Did Rand have the harem of desert bitches in that period yet or not? They best show him getting his bitches And then have the balls to take some liberty and make him get some instead of being all angsty.

What's your point? You honestly think those two books deserve an entire season - likely 12-13 episodes given the network - to themselves? It's not going to happen. At best they'll finish the season on the Cleansing and shuffle off the few vital KOD moments into Season 5.

Spank their ass if they fuck up arguably the greatest fantasy series ever written.

Yes, I honestly think those two books deserve entire seasons to themselves. That was indeed my point. It may happen. You are not the arbiter of fate.

He may have 3 wives but he loyal. I look forward to the scene where he finally fucks Elayne and makes Birgitte cum.

>cutting edge

Confirmed shit.

All I'm doing is relaying the general outline that's been floating around. Hell, it might be completely inaccurate - but it seems pretty likely, and I've seen it from a few different sources.

If the show is a runaway GOT level success then MAYBE I could see them giving an entire season to two of the slow novels, but I really, really doubt it. Even GOT barely gave us a season of AFFC/ADWD.

The most cookie cutter, poorly written series of all time. I'm embarrassed I finished the first book tbqh and can't believe so many cucks fell for this meme.

In very thread someone kicks up shit about the use of "So" at the start fo a sentance. I'd say there's a fair chance it's multiple people posting the same thing to rile up the autists for free bumps. The same as "Now that the dust has settled, can we agree X" or "Who will play Xir in the inevitible biopic". Sup Forums is too easy to manipulate for responces.

perfect for neckbeard virgin self-inserting wish-fulfillment

>only read the first book
Explains your position on the series.

This

Tbqh fantasy is a shitty genre overall, but WoT exemplifies everything that is wrong with modern fantasy and its retarded conventions.

>Black Ajah turned forcibly to the Light
>Perrin's wife stolen
>Darkfriend bro manipulates Elayne
>Rand awkwardly formalizes his polygamous arrangement
>Forsaken decide to kill Rand before he can cleanse the source
>Mat gets the ball rolling on his Dragons idea
>Mat raped by Tylin
>Tylin eviscerated by gholam
>Mat rescues Joline from Seanchan enslavement
>Mat learns Tuon's identity
>Mat marries Tuon
>Powerless Rand stealth murders rogue Asha'man in Far Madding aided by Cadsuane's array of Q-like gadgets, and Lan
>The gang cleanses the source while under siege from every Forsaken

Can we stop with the Winter's Heart is slow/bad meme? It's fucking awesome and chock full of important moments

>It's a Nynaeve tugs her braid episode
>It's a Mat is a whiny cunt who fucks up everyones plans episode
>It's a Perrin moans about his awesome wolf powers episode
>It's a Rand is Dark and Brooding episode
>It's a oh-so-funny Perrin and Rand each think the other is better with women episode
>It's an Egwene fantasises about every male in sight episode
>It's a Morraine acts like a shady bitch and everyone still trusts her despite acknowledging that they shouldn't episode
>It's a Nynaeve complains about training as an Aes Sedai despite being there of her own free will episode

>It's a Sup Forums says it'll be impossible to portray channeling on screen despite it constantly being referred to swirling, shifting light iin the books episode

>Perrin's wife stolen
worst fucking arc in the entire series. fuck her.

To be fair to Nynaeve, a majority of her training is scrubbing floors.

>it's a caemlyn falls to the shadow because mat didn't read a letter for 6 books episode

>it's a flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker flicker episode

Seems some of you forget how much nudity is going to be in this. So many titties man.

>it's a the corridor episode

>Rand awkwardly formalizes his polygamous arrangement
>Mat gets the ball rolling on his Dragons idea

Gee, with exciting developments like characters "awkwardly formalising arranagments" and "getting the ball rolling", how could audiences not be thrilled!

>nudity
>on AMC

Hah.

>It's another stock footage aerial fly over view of Tar Valon for 5 minutes straight episode

Even accepting your critique, that still leaves eleven amazing moments to portray.

Winter's Heart status: superior

I don't know what to tell you. They're not going to adapt the Faile arc over multiple seasons. The Mat stuff will be heavily, heavily cut down, if not outright omitted. The Far Madding stuff will be no more than a single episode. The Cleansing will be done fantastically though, I'm sure.

>Perrin and Faile stink up the series during its slowest points
>they both survive and become rulers
>Perrin gets god powers
Please delete these characters AMC

>it's a Taimandred kills Asmodean episode

>tugs braid

>smooths skirts

>knuckles forehead

>crosses arms under breasts

>sniffs

>We like to believe that no man in this country should feel in danger because of his beliefs, but times change. History tells us that, even here. Political practices we see as unthinkable were carried out as a matter of course by Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln. Who can say what tomorrow will bring, or next year, or next decade? So should you ask me again, I have no idea what you are talking about unless you are inside the walls of a Lodge.
What did he mean by this?

Who is the worst character and why is it Egwene?

Mad Men is 98% alkie parties and office sex politics. All their critically-acclaimed soaps are soap operas. The soap opera epic of fantasy would fit right in.

I'd like to punch Cenn Buie in his wrinkled face

Yeah he's a good contender.

The more I think about it, most characters are at extremes.

Either they're really enjoyable, or shitheads you want to smash with a sledgehammer repeatedly.

Haven't read it, but I doubt it can be worse than GoT.

That deplorable Mormon pillock Brandon Sanderson already ran that series into the ground. I washed my hands of it years ago.

Cenn Buie did nothing wrong 2bh. All the black sheep neighbors of Rand's mary sue village are described from the perspective of the village's biased first citizens. Buie's clan would make og chanposters.

Cenn Buie wanted to turn Perrin over to the Whitecloaks as soon as he got there. He was the quintessential moron.

Buieposting needs to stop. This guy did everything wrong.

It's really not anymore

>it's a Narg episode

80 million copies sold broheim

Where'd you get this from?

Her or Gawyn.

>it's a RJ retcons his own story but fans discover it anyway episode

I literally said where in the post m8

Where?

Jason Denzel and Adam Whitehead

Who are they?

>Rand suffered in silence, grinding his teeth, while they watched him eat. They literally watched every spoonful. Matters became no better when they left with his plate and Sulin joined him. >Sulin had some blunt, and most improper, advice on how he could reattract Aviendha’s notice; among the Aiel, it was the sort of thing a first-sister might do for a first-brother.
>“You must be decently modest in her eyes,” the white-haired Maiden told him, “but not so modest she thinks you boring. Ask her to scrape your back in the sweat tent, but shyly, with your >eyes downcast. When you undress for bed, let yourself dance as if life pleases you, then apologize when you suddenly realize she is there and put yourself straight into your blankets. Can you blush?”

I can't wait for based Sulin teasing the shit out of Rand at every opportunity.

>the main character has a fucking harem and all the women are insufferable cunts

will go down well on twitter

It's Faile for me, Egwene might be second, it's been a while since I read them.

see

Min isn't a cunt.

Where did you get that from?

She's a tremendous cunt. She was fine in the beginning but then she goes the same way as all the other female characters. Manipulative, one dimensional, and boring

Both are shit. So glad they got what they deserved in A Memory of Light.

What is Wheel of Time even about?

He's not wrong. If anything it goes Aviendha > Elayne > Min

This series is shit and it doesn't deserve a TV series.
It's an overlong LOTR rip-off with the author padding shit out beyond belief because he was paid by the word, and he shoves his fetishes into it at every fucking opportunity as well.

Killing Satan, basically. This is achieved through a young boy from a rural region being the Messiah.

Women fuck everything up so Odin, Thor and Tyr unfuck it.