/trek/

>it's a /trek/ thread
In this thread:

Tell us something that your favorite Trek did wrong.

Tell us something that your least favorite Trek did right.

And don't forget to vote!

strawpoll.me/10177623

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/0cHxny6Y67KoX94bUB0cLw/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPn-lTytfGo
youtube.com/watch?v=3P4IlgtwHmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Tell us something that your favorite Trek did wrong.
DS9 had a very shitty finale - I consider it worse than Enterprise's.

>Tell us something that your least favorite Trek did right.
Voyager had my favourite Doctor across any of the shows.

>And don't forget to vote!
Seasons 1-2. I hated it at first (had an autistic tantrum over it having words, unlike the other Trek themes), but had grown used to it and enjoyed it by season 3. Then they changed it and I hated it all over again.

>previous unfunny forced memes:

It seems that we share an opinion or two.

Enterprise > Voyager

I'd love to partake in this thread but some pinheaded nigger reported my very friendly call me hutch post.

Thanks Bajoran Terrorism, no more mobile posting tonight, this shit is tiresome.

Maybe it's just a spook but I think this post is an orchestrated event meant to affect a specific change, because that's not an imgur filename
lol Gene BTFO

am i the only one who thought the hackers thread was an enterprise thread?

DS9 > ENT > TOS > TNG > VOY

Troi getting BLACKED by Worf in season 7 of TNG was weird
Voyager's pilot was pretty grandiose

DS9 > TNG > TOS > ENT > VOY
But I enjoy all of them.

Pretty top tier tastes.

Now lets do it based on intros.

DS9 > VOY > TNG > TOS > ENT

>including bajoran terrorism with the rest
PetaQ

TNG - They kept trying to give Picard the not-gays and kept trying to badass-ify him. His character is a humbled lived life and learned lessons guy, keep that up, its just disfunctional to keep backtracking on his character.

>Tell us something your least favorite Trek did right?
Voyager - The ship itself was pretty fucking slick looking, only downside were the pale olive accents on the interiors.

>wrong
Deep Space Nine made a mistake by dropping subcommander T'Rul.

>right
Voyager surprised me when Seska's secret was revealed.

This is now a Martha Hackett thread.

>Voyager's pilot was pretty grandiose
>Okay so Janeway needs to fuck up somehow in the pilot. Maybe we can have her violate the Prime Directive, or fail her crew somehow, or abandon Starfleet in the middle of an interquadrantal war, or something. You know?
>Hell, let's just do all of that. At once.

Maybe she can forget that torpedoes can have timers and be used as timed explosives.

>DS9 had a very shitty finale - I consider it worse than Enterprise's
I don't know why this is mentioned so rarely
Butchered, perfunctory endings for both the Dominion War arc and the Bajor Prophets arc, then 30 minutes of goodbyes

Then the VOY finale went too far in the opposite direction with the agonizingly long convoluted plot to bring them back, and we didn't even get to see the ship enter orbit

TNG was the only Trek to have a non-shit finale

Why are Trek threads full of bullies now?

not enough sexual organs

Interesting, I rarely see people who like the DS9 into. Are you judging on music, visuals, or both?

>DS9 > ENT > TOS > TNG > VOY

Does ENT seriously end up being good?
I'm in the second season right now and this show seems Into Darkness tier shite.

>visuals
If that was the case, the UPN Treks would be the only contenders.

I'd switch Voyager, and DS9 there, but other than that, I agree.

Not even a year ago Trek threads took themselves way less seriously and the mood was much lighter
I wonder what happened

The worst thing about the voyager finale was how much of an insane tonal shift it was. Janeway just 180'd her whole character building over 7 seasons of how hard it is to struggle to hold her high morals. It just drops you into a parallel world where she has already said fuck it to all that and you have to just sit there and "get" whats happening in a very shitty way.

Her at Seven's grave, with that trenchcoat and silver streak in her hair is so what the fuck it might as well be the mirror universe Janeway that came into our universe and took Janeway's place.

>Something favorite Trek did wrong
Chekov was a horrible character

>Least fav Trek did right
7 of 9's cat suit

In season 3, the writers change. Berman and Braga reduce their involvement with the show, and they get other writers to pick up the slack.

In season 4, Berman and Braga step down entirely, and Manny Coto steps up to run the show.

I think people give DS9 some leeway with it's ending because it was pretty much forced into an early end.

TNG: I know it's so easy to say this but, Wesley. I love everything else about the show so much but Wesley was such a transparent Gary Sue and Wil Wheaton sucked so much that it's just painful whenever he's on screen.

ENT: The mounting tension and continuous story throughout Season 3 was one of my favorite things in all of Trek. Sadly that's probably the only thing this show did well.

>And don't forget to vote!
3-4. The first song fit the show better but I love the cheese of the second

>Sadly that's probably the only thing this show did well.

>TNG was the only Trek to have a non-shit finale
Yeah, pretty much. It was certainly the only one to have a good one, at any rate. I consider it the second-best series finale of all time.

Axanar was given a cease and desist

renegades was apparently shit.

the new show is to milk movie popularity and shill a new platform.

the next movie is being rewritten into force awakens right now.

the last series cancelled early 11 years ago.

Now this is shitposting

>I consider it the second-best series finale of all time.
/sigh
Go on...

>the new show is to milk movie popularity and shill a new platform.
The new show is trying to avoid any connection with the JJ movies.

They even removed the JJ Enterprise from the office walls.

Fuck you and fuck your negativity. Go look up Bryan Fuller's history with Star Trek, go watch Nicholas Meyer's II, IV and VI, and go watch Rod Roddenberry talk about his father being a total asshole in Trek Nation. Do all that and then we can have a serious talk Trekker-to-Trekker when you come back.

Angel - Not Fade Away

That cliffhanger in the alleyway was cruel
No, I'm not going to read your damn comics

>Angel - Not Fade Away
I know this is entirely off topic, but that was NOT a good series finale.
It was a good season finale that was passed as a series finale.

I believe that Hank Hill is one the most complex and realistic characters in Animation. Although on the surface he appears to be nothing more than a redneck, if you actually watch the show and read between the lines, he's a lot more.
Hank Hill, and by extension King of The Hill as a whole, is at its core about showing that one group is not always right, and one group is not always wrong. It's not just blind Liberal bashing by some angry Texans, or angsty Liberal bawwing like Family Guy, it's somewhere in the middle.
Hank is a man who represents traditional family values. He works a just-above blue collar job, has an ugly wife, and a kid he fails to understand. He enjoys working on his lawn, grilling, and selling propane (and propane accessories).
because he represents traditional values, he often butts heads with newer, more liberal ideas. Now about half the time, he will have a hard time adjusting, but ultimately realize that it isn't that bad, or is even correct. But the other half of the time, he exposes it for the bullshit it is and tries to save those who have been brainwashed.
And that's the thing, Hank isn't a racist or Homophobe, or even a devout Republican. If that was the point of the show, he would have voted for Bush in that one episode. No, Hank is a good man who just has a hard time adjusting.
Hank stands by his family, his friends, and his family values, and this is why he is a good character. He has a hard time understanding his son, like a lot of parents, but ultimately loves him and accepts him for what he is.
When you really get down to it, Hank is so much more than your average sitcom father. Unlike the bumbling Homer, he is a very real man who many people can relate to THEIR fathers. he is the next progression in mature cartoons and sitcoms, a complex character, not a 1 dimensional caricature.
In short, he is the Average Joe the typical person represents, and that's a good thing.

doesnt really matter anyway
its not even going on tv and behind a paywall.

TNG had Wesley, duh!

The communications chick in ENT is my Trek waifu.

Shut up, you dumb American.

It's going on TV outside of America.

>paywall
lol gene btfo

The term is 'Trekfu', newfriend
Too bad she got ARCH'd

>paywall
kek Gene BTFO

>something that your favorite Trek did wrong
pah
wraiths

>something that your least favorite Trek did right.
t'pol

not the guy who posted it but it was definitely a good series finale that encapsulated the message and theme of the show perfectly with its last scene

Um, excuse me tourist. The Nana Visitor one is older than you are at this rate, and does not belong with those other shitty imitations. Trek threads have been going on for several years, you need to take a backseat and lurk more before you post shit like this.

Nup. I disagree. You don't need to see them die to understand that they're staring into the abyss and facing it head-on. Also the Lorne/Lindsey scene was good, and the Wesley scene was pretty much the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen on television. Would you like me to lie to you now?

Yeah, I didn't read them either. As far as I'm concerned, they all go down swinging.

It's not that old. I actually looked through the history a few days ago on the archive:
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/0cHxny6Y67KoX94bUB0cLw/

Been here since winter 2014, newfag. Space yourself.

>being this new

>Winter 2014
>Not a newfag

Sup Forums has only been around since 2012 right guys? That's when Kony was.

I never finished TOS, but I did enjoy TAS for some reason. I saw most of TNG and only enjoyed a few episodes here and there. DS9 was interesting once the Dominion was introduced, but I hated the final season for being so rushed. I tried watching Voyager, but it annoyed me how they nerfed the Borg and the crew was mind-numbingly retarded.

Currently on Enterprise Season 3 and the only character I can tolerate is Shran. That dude is real as fuck.

>Ben, I'm detected an orchestrated event around the 52nd reply

There is no need to make any more of these ever again. We have enough. In fact, we have too many.

Just look at the sort of shitposting that they inspire:

thank you, bajoran terrorism

>4 Trekthreads in catalog
This is the only one that will still be alive 6 hours from now. Space yourselves, other Trekthread posters. I know you're in this thread.

The idea that there should only be one thread at a time is what leads to permanent generals though. Do you want to end up like /who/?

Assuming the mods aren't retarded. They usually end up deleting the thread with all the actual conversation, and leaving a thread that started out as a bait thread, and only has four replies.

I don't see any other trek threads

I really have no idea why you're so fucking adamant that people be as naively excited as you are for the new TV show. A lot of us here are much older and are used to the constant disappointment. It's much better to set your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised than to hype yourself beyond reason when we know literally nothing about this show then experience crushing defeat if it turns out to be shit.

Why don't you give this shitposting a rest and we'll pick it back up after the first trailer for the show comes out, okay?

Also some minor mentions in
(not that user)

I respect your commitment to caution but I'm willing to go along with a mild hype train for the new show since all the new info seems to point to a show that might just possibly be actuallly good for once. I know it'll most likely be total shit in my head but my heart (which has faith) is willing to take that leap and get hype for the new show. Call me dumb but hope is funny that way.

Those threads don't even have Bajoran Terrorism.

That's why we shall thrive while they shall perish.

>We need a new Voyager crew
Here you go.

It's 8 am here in the civilised world and something like midnight-3 am in America
We'll probably survive until the board picks up again, but only because the entire site dies down while the Americans are asleep

>Call me dumb but hope is funny that way.
Okay, you're dumb. Sorry. I'll be waiting to hear from you in January when you're relentlessly defending the show to everyone.

So what's the new Trek series going to be about? All I've heard is it's not gonna be aboard another Enterprise.

Seasonal anthology, according to rumors. A new setting with new characters every season.

Might be neat. I hope we get a season on an older ship, all the series so far have been top of the line or flagships.

quick americans are asleep, post stuff about liberals being racists

>relentlessly defending the show to everyone
That's rich. My style is more in line with Sup Forums as a whole. I'll pretend I always knew it would be shit and will crap on it at every possible opportunity as if I was gifted with Q levels of foresight.

This man... in my country, he is everything

Wait, what? Americans are the fake-conservative shitposters comprised of edgy teens trying to be different from kids their age in school.

Fucking kek. Goodnight user. Thanks for that.

>Americans
>Sleeping

Hey there Sven
Hate to break it to you, but your 'nazi pol american' schtick is wrong

Star Trek is undeniably liberal and progressive, but there were some really weird and regressive scenes that stood out to me over the years.

e.g.
>that scene where T’pol explains to Archer the difference in IQ distributions between species
>that scene where O’Brien complains that ‘petaQ’ is just a word and it’s silly ‘only Klingons can say it’
>that scene where Ezri tries to ‘redpill’ Julian by showing him the chart with all the Bajorans in top media positions
>that scene where Kirk jokes with Scotty about Spock’s mother being a race-mixer
>that scene where Shran says "pinkskin" but starts stuttering after noticing Mayweather
>that scene where Trip votes for George W. Bush
>that scene where Gowron calls Worf ‘a subklingon fucking targ’
>that scene where Janeway says ‘we have to out-Ferengi the Ferengi'
>that scene where Weyoun jokes with the Breen that Damar drinks like he's Tusken
>that scene where Soval uses the phrase ‘the eternal Ando’
>that scene where Tuvok walks on the bridge and Neelix makes money noises
>that scene where Picards helps forcibly displace the Indians because of a treaty with the Cardassians
>that scene where Chakotay was actually Armenian but pretended to be Indian for attention
>that scene where Bones called Spock "Jew, Green blooded bastard"
>that scene where Worf enters Picard's ready room without knocking and gets phasered
>that scene where Kira coaches Ziyal on how to milk the Occupation for maximum sympathy
>that scene where a couple of these are real

Dude what the fuck, I'm American. I have no idea what you're even talking about, you lost me on about the 3rd level of irony.

in australia, the liberal party is close to what americans would call conservatives, and the labor party is closer to what americans would call liberals

that is the extent of the joke I was trying to make. there was no next level shit going on.

On the topic of sleep, how the hell does a starship have a "night shift", and how is it that they get by with just a small handful of people when the regular shift requires a full bridge of officers to function?

They just don't do anything important during the night shift.

>They even removed the JJ Enterprise from the office walls.
that's kind of ridiculously petty seeing that JJ singlehandedly resuscitated the franchise

they hire jamake highwater to do an anti-romulan attack rain dance

>Enterprise
>not the GOAT intro

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPn-lTytfGo

Yeah, he really revived our dead franchise with an injection of magic blood.

On second thought, 2009 was only 4 years after 2005. Fuck JJ. We could have come back without him.

Well on the day shift most of the people on the starship are doing non-essential stuff. If Starfleet only wanted to fly around in their starships and maybe do some policing then their crews could be shrunk by two thirds.

Wrong intro.

youtube.com/watch?v=3P4IlgtwHmA

whoever sucked off the studio exec that greenlit 2009 saved the franchise

I don't think you realize how truly dead and gone Star Trek was before 2009. Like they closed down the fucking backlot that had been dedicated to Star Trek since 1967 in Paramount and sold everything off.

So is there just less shit to do in space at "night"?

that was because they were moving towards cgi and it costs money to keep that junk.

thanks for joining us tonight, jeffrey

Most of the crew doesn't do anything essential to the function of the ship. Most of the yellow crew is just moving supplies around and running drills, and most of the blue crew is just analyzing data collected by the sensors. 8 hours a day is enough to cover most of that.

Well yeah. Maintenance doesn't have to be done 24/7, neither does research. They don't
need as many medical officers either because people are less likely to be injured whilst
sleeping. That's also why security can get some shut eye. If anything truly disastrous
happens then there's enough crew awake to keep control until more crew members get their arses out of bed.