Does Christianity brainwash people Sup Forums?

Does Christianity brainwash people Sup Forums?
I have a group of friends and we are all christians, I asked them all if they believed in evolution just for fun. They literally just denied it saying that everything not written in the bible is pure bullshit
(I kinda understood not believing human evolving from apes)
But animal evolution and their trying to adapt to their environment?
Wtf should i drop christianity?

if you have to ask that question, you know the answer already.

but they have the whole group aspect for a reason. if you drop out you lose your friends.

herd mentality works well to keep the individual members in line

>Does Christianity brainwash people Sup Forums?
Yes
Dont even try to argue with them.
They will think they are always right because of a shitty book.
Good luck OP

I like them but I can't believe that they believe everything in the world must have been written in the bible. This is just too stupid for me

I think you should drop it, however do not let your friends in on it unless you are close with them.
But to answer your question, nearly all religions brainwash their followers in one way or another. But mostly through child indoctrination.

then you have a hard choice to make.

>lose your friends for religion

Our teachings somehow make sense and will even be better if paired up with science. But if they denied it then they sound just like what you always say about religious people
Kids with an imaginary friend

I believe daily threads on Sup Forums brainwash people. Its about time people start to think for themselves

It's apparent that you don't have a good relationship with the Lord. I don't either, but I'm firm enough to know the Lord is present in our lives, whether we like it or not.

Thats up to you. Your faith is your choice, but give the Bible a better read before you do man. A good book to start from is Matthew, and while youre doing that, ask yourself what the Lord has done for you. If you cant think of anything, then you might as well drop him then, no?

all faiths brainwash people, except the Church of the Subgenius, which encourages their followers to brainwash themselves.

"Pull the wool over your own eyes!"

>but I'm firm enough to know the Lord is present in our lives, whether we like it or not.

next time you're casually chatting to the Creator of the Universe, ask Him why he created Botflies.

the ones that can only lay their eggs in human eyeballs.

I'm sorry, I still believe in Christ but I don't want to be associated with people with this mindset

You are brainwashed, OP dont become a guy like this.

To start it off, they are Adventists and Im a Baptist so sometimes they just say that they are more right than us even if we believe in the same thing

>Ask yourself what the deity that may-or-may-not-exist and is undetectable and non-interactable if they've done anything for you.

If anyone did that, then no one would be religious; there's no way to actually know if God has "done anything for you" besides simply convincing yourself/wanting to believe that he has.

It's a defense mechanism. If you concede one point you might have to concede another and another, until you realize it's a scam.
This is easily avoided by refusing any idea that challenges yours.

You can be religious and not be what is basically either an extremist or closed minded. Some people think that religious people who think like your friends are the best people of their faith. Honestly, if you ask me, Christianity is barely ever actually practiced anymore. So you need to separate religion from your friends and take it from your holy book. If you are okay with what you read, believe. If you're not, don't. It's that simple.

you sound brainwashed OP. its a different belief on the origins of man.
seeing how we are able to create life its a wonder more people don't accept this theory.

sound like your childhood.

>we are able to create life
citation needed

nice retarded mindset.

you're too stupid if you need to ask.
go fling your shit at someone.

>>group of retards
FTFY

the left hate christians since they oppose statistism, dengeneracy & promote personal responsibility and humility.

atheism is a much more preferable religion since it promotes gluttony, narcissism & conformity.

Chirstianity is kinda stupid,they think that everything that isn't written in the bible is bullshit,then the iphone ur holding in your fucking hands is bullshit?the apartment u live in is bullshit?the evolution of every bein is bullshit? It's scientifically proven that we evolve from apes (not the actual apes) and very slowly we became what we are now,and we're still evolving and adapting to were we live,for example africans evolved to adapt to africa's climate.

Christians like these are true fags

>kinda understood not believing human evolving from apes
Taxonomically we are apes... we share similar features, behavior, etc as all the great apes of today and all the ones in the fossil record.
Post is bait.

Evolution is a theory with many hints pointing towards it being true. A theory is a hypothesis in which the scientific can all agree on unanimously, therefore any authorative scientific association will regard it as fact. However there is no hard evidence proving evolution is how humans came to be, which is why religiob still exists, this is due to a lack of evidence of our "missing link", the species which developed into the homosapiens we are now. Until that link is found, evolution will still be considered a theory.

It honestly depends which denomination and how mature the person is. I've met various Christians who believe in evolution (to an extent). I think at its core Christianity is pretty chill, a lot of people should practice it are ass holes though.

source please. where is evidence we evolved from apes.

There is no "missing link". It's a myth. Because evolution doesn't have set stepping stones. It's not like one day a human was born from some primitive ancestor and boom, homo sapiens are born from then on.
And there is solid evidence, the fossil record alone is enough to prove evolution happens.