Foreigners can't pronounce my surname correctly and call me "Gonzalez" or something similar

Foreigners can't pronounce my surname correctly and call me "Gonzalez" or something similar.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0OnGE64uLVe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At least they get the "ç" right, bro.

Could be worse, you could have a tilde in your surname, or be called "João" or "António" or something like that.

But overall, I feel you

Hola Gonçalves.

Gonzalinho

>At least they get the "ç" right, bro.
They don't. My surname is Gonçalves and I was called Gonzalez, Gonzaloez, Gonkalves etc etc many times.
Hello, you guessed right :(

>Gonkalves
how.

Gringos man, gringos..

Because the letter C makes a "kuh" sound.

Not a fucking z or f like in spic languages.

ççççççççççççççççççççççççççççççççççççççççççççççç

If you have to press alt+153 or some shit to get it on your screen, then it's not a real letter.

only on english keyboard you need to press those buttons

Soft "s" ? Gonsalves ?

Kek, we just have to press a button buddy
Also, if you don't have a particular keyboard for your language it's a meme one

yes

My name is Guilherme, most americans pronounce it as guilârm. A few try to sound wordly and say guillermo. It's very stupid.

My name doesnt have a "c" it has an "ç", they are different. Even calling me Gonzalez is better.
Different keyboards.
More or less.
>guillermo
lel.

How's it pronounced? Gonshalves?

and most brazilians pronounce this as dis and thanks as tanks so you can't blame them

~Gonsalvish~

vocaroo.com/i/s0OnGE64uLVe

What really enraged me when people asked my name and I answered them how I'd say my name normally in portuguese, in my accent the way to pronounce the R is exactly the same as the english R. However, they would ignore completely what I just said, hispanicize the whole thing and thrill the R in guilherme as if it were fucking spanish. And I know that in their heads these goddamn americans were patting themselves on the back for being able to pronounce the name and being oh so above the average can't-roll-my-r-yankee when they were the most ignorant of all. Of course I always stayed silent and never corrected anyone.

Sorry, I have problem with portugese. I just can't understand why couldn't they just use the spanish pronounce.

Brazilians can't pronounce my name and surname correctly

Ettore has already became Hétero and Hereto many of times. And the girl from starbucks wrote "Étori" once...

well that is a fucking ugly surname no need to worry hahahaha

There isn't any "spanish pronunciation" for my name, fuckwit.
You can't blame them, Your surname isn't luso.

Carcamanos, obnoxious as always.

I think Guilherme is such a noble name since it's William in Portuguese. But I'm guilty of pronouncing Guilherme as Guillaume like in French... (._.)

It's ok, I'm fine with anything as long as it's not spanish.