#StarringJohnCho

Has Sup Forums seen this shit?

I'm all for having more Asians in film but some of the photoshops they've done are fucking stupid.

First one:
>Asian american as a British spy

Second one:
>Asian as an Aryan supersoldier

cho is a bit too short, fukunaga maybe, but he's a director

I'd be fine with an Asian-Brit as a Bond, would give it a chance anyway. I'm more against a non-Brit playing Bond than a non-white, is what I'm saying.

Third one:
>Asian as a ranger from Texas

Why do minorities move to western countries and complain about stuff? I have lived in China and I would never tell them to check their yellow privilege and demand stuff like some entitled cunt.

A non-white is a non-brit per definition.

ayyy
just be happy with your reality

Eh. I just mean someone born and raised, you can take your Sup Forums shit elsewhere.

Did John Cho himself commented on that shit?

I unironically love AMWFposter desu
He stands alone in the anticuck tide

They simply don't speak the language of the homelands and are unwilling to learn it to watch their own films and television.

>There are no Asians in Texas

Britons being white anglo/saxon/celtic/scandinavian is not Sup Forums

Of course it is. Ethnicity is not nationality.
I'm not saying an Asian born in Britian is anglo, I'm saying he's British.

who did these? literally babies first day in photoshop

>A person of Asian descent born and raised in Britain, whose parents were possibly born and raised in Britain, is not British

>Medival Times
>Nigger King

its 2016

they may be a british citizen but they are not a Briton
notice the difference between Briton and British

>As of the 2010 US Census, the racial distribution in Texas was as follows: 70.4% of the population of Texas was White American; 11.8% African American; 3.8%, Asian American; 0.7%

>Asian American; 0.7%

There are literally more fags in texas than asians

Yeah and cuckoo birds are the same species as the bird whose nests they're in

Briton is the noun, British is the adjective. They're the same word.

>Briton
ˈbrJt(ə)n/
noun
a native or inhabitant of Great Britain, or a person of British descent.

>British
ˈbrJtJʃ/
adjective
relating to Great Britain or the United Kingdom, or to its people or language.

idk this one could actually work

try reading that again

>Not casting him as Tony Stark

that would at least not be logistically retarded

He's probably sitting there going
>fuck, now they've dragged me into their identity politics
>I just wanted to make Harold and Kumar 4: Harold and Kumar go to Space Castle

Race overlaps with nationality.

I'm a pale white Afrikaner and if I was to settle down in China I would never call myself Chinese.

Races can only call themselves natives of a country when they are the majority population. In my case I am an Afrikaner but not a South African because the majority of South Africans are niggers.

Sure, but if you and your pale, white, Afrikaner wife settled in China and had a pale, white baby, that child would be Chinese. You could almost certainly obviously get him citizenship for your country of birth (not sure, the laws differ country to country) but he'd also be Chinese - especially if you then raised him in China, sent him to a Chinese school, exposed him to the culture, etc, etc.

Wait and you will see

>Sure, but if you and your pale, white, Afrikaner wife settled in China and had a pale, white baby, that child would be Chinese. You could almost certainly obviously get him citizenship for your country of birth (not sure, the laws differ country to country) but he'd also be Chinese - especially if you then raised him in China, sent him to a Chinese school, exposed him to the culture, etc, etc.

You're fucking retarded, he literally used South Africa as an example of how that isn't how shit works

That kind of shit only flies in neoliberal capitalist countries

>white people being noble heroes instead of genocidal insecure sociopaths

if this can be shoehorned in fiction an asian lead is more plausible

anglos born in hong kong from the expat community aren't called chinese, they're still called anglos

Oh, for the love of God, this isn't complicated.
Anglo/Asian - ethnicities
British/Chinese - nationalities
They aren't fucking mutually exclusive. And how you still refuse to admit this is a Sup Forums debate and not a Sup Forums one is bewildering.

my two cents: i've got a korean friend whose white, adopted by a korean family and raised over there. he came to australia on an exchange program and we all thought he was trolling, it was hilarious. he has a korean passport and birth certificate and stuff. he says he's korean.

You're retarded mate and probably an american mexican or some other insecure shit

No, I'm Australian. My parents were born and raised in Malta, and I was born and raised here.
I'm not insecure about it, you two are literally the first who have ever told me that I'm not an Australian because I'm not anglo - because it's a fact, and most people are intelligent enough not to refute those.

Sure thing wogboy, whatever you say

Are you guys saying that Naveen Andrews and Ben Kingsley aren't Brits? Like, for real? This is baffling.
Do you believe ethnicity and nationality to be synonymous or are you saying they must always go hand-in-hand?

mate, if he co wrote mgs 1 - 3 he can pretty much do anything

i thought brits were less racist than this. don't you guys have a muslim arab mayor of london now?

he can have her
literally the epitome of boring scottish woman

If anyone can be a Brit then no one is a Brit

Kingsley is half caste anyway not full blown JF

what is mgs

Not anyone - only those born and raised.
Are you saying if two anglo Britons move to Korea and have a kid there, then raise him there, he's more British than an Asian dude born and raised in Britain?
I feel like that's a much more insecure attitude than just "those born and raised in a Britain are Brits".

I wish they would ban you.

>If anyone can be a Brit
That's literally the point - anyone can be a Brit. It's just telling people what country you're a citizen of.
Not anyone can be Anglo, obviously.

metal gear solid

Yes because your parents have a bigger effect on your upbringing than anything else

An african adopted by anglo parents and raised in England? Sure.

An african raised by two African parents in an ethnic ghetto in london? Fuck off

>i thought brits were less racist than this. don't you guys have a muslim arab mayor of london now?
Bro, Brits are crazy racist, it's insane. And yeah, London's new mayor is Pakistani (born in the UK though) and I'm pretty sure he's a muslim, yeah.

Actual British people are a minority in London now.

Over half of the city is first or second generation immigrants and the new mayor reflects this

>An african adopted by anglo parents and raised in England? Sure.
Okay, so what's the problem with me saying there's such a thing as a British Asian, then? Are we going to pretend Asians aren't adopted in England?

>An african adopted by anglo parents and raised in England? Sure.

there's a study on this. africans still fail education and turn to crime disproportionately despite being adopted into middle class caucasoid families

John Cho has zero charisma and isn't even funny though, should have done this epic maymay with an asian actor who could actually carry a big movie like Lee Byung-hun

A second-generation immigrant is a citizen. You can keep your elitist stuff over at Sup Forums where it belongs. As far as the law and the world at large is concerned, a person born and raised in Britain is a British person, and a British person is a Briton. This is just how the English (ironically) language works. Ethnicity is another argument entirely.
x% of all Britons are Anglo, and that x% is not 100.

hiroshima stole my picture because she hates koreans

ok thanks

Makes sense, especially with racist cunts telling them they're not British all their lives.

But asians = tech people is a harmful stereotype

whos this person that keeps getting posted in th epast few days?

I usually look like that when I first step outta the shower.

Stop spamming your shitty hashtag, cunt.

Yeah, I saw them. I thought they were neat even though I'm not a huge fan of John Cho. He's pretty much a no-name over here in Korea. I guess Americans like him because he was in some stoner movie? Whatever. I'd take Daniel Henney, Steven Yeun, or Randall Park over him. I get that this stuff is for Asian-Americans and not actual Asians, though.

Hadn't seen that one. That's a really shitty photoshop.

>cho is a bit too short
Both Cho and Daniel Craig are 177cm (5'10").

craig is too short also

connery was 6 or 6 2

>Ethnicity is not nationality

Sure, but people are less willing to accept a white person as Japanese even if they were born in Japan, but we're so progressive that we must remind everyone of how British Ahmed Mohammed from down the street is.

>3.8% Asian american

That's about a million people, that's more than the population of Bhutan, an actual Asian country.

The japanese never colonized india and pakistan, they were never part of the same empire, it's a different matter.

Yes, Craig is also short.

Daniel Henney, meanwhile, is 6'2".

Honestly, I think they went with John Cho because he's a "safe" Asian. He's a short, dweeby Asian guy. Meanwhile, Daniel Henney doesn't fit the Asian stereotype that Americans have. He's actually buff and sexy, so he's threatening to whites (even whites who think they're liberal).

It's less than a tenth of the Koreans living in Seoul.

>Sure, but people are less willing to accept a white person as Japanese even if they were born in Japan
I think that's just because it doesn't happen as often. I wouldn't have an issue with it. Another user posted this and that seems about right. It would be strange, but only because it's rare, not because there's something wrong with it.

As far as I'm concerned, someone's ethnicity is generally fairly easily determinable by their appearance, and their nationality is indiciative of where they were born and raised.

Fuck, I've typed the phrase "born and raised" so much in this thread it doesn't look like real words anymore.

Asians are smart, but they don't fit into western popular culture. This is painfully apparent on college campuses that have a lot of Asians.

Its still 1/27th the population of Texas. Apparently there are 150 Texas rangers, so statistically 5.5 of them are Asian.

Your average Korean would consider that boy "not Korean."

Meanwhile, a Korean born and raised in Britain would be considered "a British-Korean" by your average Korean. He'd be considered more Korean than the first kid.

Rick Yune, another asian who could be a leading man rather than le weed lmao man

See

Yeah, that white kid adopted by Koreans wouldn't be considered Korean by most Koreans, especially considering the traditional view Koreans have on adoption.

Looks alright. Can he fight?

But... that doesn't really matter, right? That's like an American telling a non-white that they're not American. Fuck 'em. They have the documentation to back it up.

The only action film I ever saw him in was Wolverine Origin. That was his Hollywood debut and possibly why he hasn't done well in America. Over here in Korea, he's mostly the "buff Korean guy" who is usually shirtless.

>They have the documentation to back it up.
Having a Korean passport doesn't make you Korean, though. It just means you have a passport.

You're looking at through an American lens, from the viewpoint of a nation of immigrants. Korean is a nation of Koreans, and a big part of being a Korean is blood and genetics for most Koreans.

Keep in mind, I'm talking most Koreans. I don't particularly agree. I think a white person who understands and follows Korean culture is more Korean than some "Korean-American" who doesn't. But I'm not in the majority on that.

As a side note, if you're born in Korea but don't have a Korean parent, you won't be considered Korean automatically. There are tests you can take to become a Korean which involves cultural tests, language tests, showing you have financial ties in Korea, and so on. But it's not like America. Different countries and different people do and see things differently.

And when I say "become a Korean" through test I mean legally speaking. To a lot of people, you still wouldn't be a Korean to them. And yeah, it matters because it affects how people treat you.

WEI SHEN MOTHERFUCKER

That's entirely fair, and perhaps Korean wasn't a great example - I just ran with it because the other user mentioned a white Korean friend.
My overall point that I was trying not to get too far away from is that I consider an Asian guy born and raised in Britain a Briton more than I consider some anglo guy in another country, that's all.

fuck off china

only koreans can make it in hollywood

too asian looking

Helps that the Korean government pays to promote Koreans in Hollywood.

A British Korean would be considered a gyopo and not a real Korean by other Koreans.

A British Korean is gyopo, yes.

A white kid who grew up in Korea is waygookin.

Gyopo is much more Korean than waygookin.

He would actually make a GOAT Ironman when RDJ is tired of it and they reboot the franchise.

Is the based AMWF spammer still alive?

i hope so, last i heard he's dividing his time between several boards and not just Sup Forums
god bless him

Young Corey Feldman

>caring about some random fuckwits photoshop
Why hasn't this thread been deleted?

Don't respond to him. He's a self-loathing pedophile that can only cope with his mental illness by forcing it down other people's throats.
Every time I see a cunnyfag post, it amuses me. I think of how terribly lonely and ugly he must be.

>My overall point that I was trying not to get too far away from is that I consider an Asian guy born and raised in Britain a Briton more than I consider some anglo guy in another country, that's all.
So what would you tell an African American that insists they're 100% African and that they wuz kingz?

I'd say he's of African descent and is American, and if he doesn't like that he can renounce his citizenship and move to Africa.

Raising a pig in a stable does not make it a horse.

Plenty of white countries other than the UK and they're all experiencing the same shit, just like at Sweden and the "very Swedish" Somalians.