Why does Sup Forums hate Napoleon Dynamite so much ?

Why does Sup Forums hate Napoleon Dynamite so much ?

If it's its success or the vote for pedro t shirts that bother you, then get over it manchild.

This film is a unique and hilarious comedy, and I'd even say a classic.

Because this movie hits too close to home for some of the anons here so they resort to hating on it

>Why does Sup Forums hate Napoleon Dynamite so much ?
no one here hates it.

Since when has Sup Forums hated this movie? It's comfy core

I do. That was honestly one of the worst films I have ever seen. No troll.

Something about the movie's humor just never jived with me, and I don't know why. All my fucking friends in middle school loved to quote it, though.

I love it. Napoleon Dynamite is a rare example of 100% pure comedykino.

If I had an Acquired Brain Injury from punching too many cones and scoffing Pingers this is the type of movie I'd shit my daks over laffin

It's great. Jared Hess has a great sense for blending comedy and earnestness.

It's depiction of Preston Idaho is also painfully accurate.

Anybody else see Gentleman Broncos?

It only had one joke/punchline - 'what if everybody was a moron?'

Also I didn't grow up in Bumfuck, America so I don't know if the energy or setting of the film was meant to vibe with me or something.

The uncle was funny, the rest was bad

any more good coming.of.age/highschool movies?

Better off Dead

I dunno mang. I was in my cone punching, pinger dumping, gas racking prime when this movie caem out and it didn't seem all that great to me.

I hate and detest mormons so I hate it

the setting is offputting to me because I can easily imagine the smell of the hallways, the nasty tater tots and how funky rexs gym or that guys trailer smelled

and most dialogue is hilarious but for me it falls off by the end with the prom. i much prefered just them inside the house and sitting in awkward fashion so i could truly start to feel sick

I thought it was great. But we can't love it till all the plebs forget about it.

This. It accurately captures a facet of life, and for many here, it's TOO TRUE

I hated it the first time I saw it but loved it every time after that. It's different so people disliking it probably has to do with expectations

simple town life movies are endearing to me for some reason

Little Miss Sunshine had a similar feel

that feel of simpler times