Could anybody recommend me a good cheap turntable for under £95?

Could anybody recommend me a good cheap turntable for under £95?
Thanks in advance

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Pyle-PP999-Phono-Turntable-Pre-Amp/dp/B00025742A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1481216745&sr=8-4&keywords=phono preamp
amazon.com/Hosa-TRS-202-inch-Insert-Cable/dp/B000068O1K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481216903&sr=8-2&keywords=trs to rca
amazon.com/Fluance-Elliptical-Counterweight-Anti-Skating-RT81/dp/B01F2B3FKI/ref=pd_lpo_23_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=W7QPWGSAEMZ2ENX08QBG&th=1
amazon.com/Pyle-PLTTB1-Professional-Belt-Drive-Turntable/dp/B00009V3TU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481219073&sr=8-1&keywords=pyle manual belt
amazon.co.uk/Crosley-CR6020A-BL-Revolution-Portable-Turntable/dp/B00F0YXHGK/ref=sr_1_52?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1481231996&sr=1-52&keywords=portable turntable
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The only cheap new one that's even close to good is the Audio-Technica LP60, and it's still cheap, plastic, and non-upgradable.
Cheapest one that's built to a vintage standard of quality is U-Turn Orbit
In that price range you'd probably be able to find something much better vintage at a charity/thrift/pawn/instrument/record/hi-fi shop or online listings

Ive got a budget of $225.25
Any reccs

Buy locally vintage and get something like this as well as speakers and an amp.

or U-Turn Orbit

Looks interesting. Ive heard a lot about cheap record players screwing up vd's so i mainly want to avoid that. What pairs well with a record player? My only speakers are yamaha hs8 (no amp)

Anything good with a headphone jack?

Basically you need something that acts as a preamp, the signal that comes out of a turntable isn't loud enough and needs to be boosted and EQd to this curve.
Those speakers don't seem half bad (though they're a lot smaller than my giant vintage Technics that can shake the house), all you'd really need to plug a turntable in would be something like this:
amazon.com/Pyle-PP999-Phono-Turntable-Pre-Amp/dp/B00025742A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1481216745&sr=8-4&keywords=phono preamp
And this cable
amazon.com/Hosa-TRS-202-inch-Insert-Cable/dp/B000068O1K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481216903&sr=8-2&keywords=trs to rca

If you wanted to buy a vintage amp with a phono input and speakers they can be generally be found very cheaply if you scavenge Goodwills and such.
Some turntables have built-in preamps but they usually aren't quality ones, audiophiles dislike them so most manufacturers leave them out by default
No. You have to buy an external headphone amp. A tube one from Amazon can be had for about $50

Buy Craigslist

This is good advice. Check Facebook Market too.
Look for stuff from the 60s-80s that is built solidly, metal or wood rather than plastic

You won't find a good turntable for under £95 unless you're willing to buy one that is in need of repair or is missing parts. Anything under £95 tends to be record players that track heavily, do not feature a counterweight or anti-skating, and may also have a cartridge of poor quality. However past, say £110, quality does improve, though its not the best. You'll usually find turntables in this range to do a decent job. I have a Trio Belt-Driven turntable from the 70s, restored, and it cost around that price. So if you can, save up a bit more, because the higher quality, that is out or reach at a lower budget, is worth the wait.

Don't buy crosley

I recommend getting a used TT and receiver from Craigslist, make sure it has a counterweight. If you live in the US and really want a new TT then you can find good deals on the AT-120 sometimes for around 300.

The AT-120 has poor preamp circuitry in it that hurts the sound quality whether you use it or not.
U-Turn is cheaper, sounds better, and is made in the USA
The AT-120 does have useful DJ features but you don't need them if you're just listening to albums

I mean, ATLP120 is very decent, but for 300 maybe you can do much better. Pro-Ject Essential is a simple but well-built turntable with around the same price, only the phono preamp is not built-in in the basic model.

This one's new and Canadian, and people like it so far
amazon.com/Fluance-Elliptical-Counterweight-Anti-Skating-RT81/dp/B01F2B3FKI/ref=pd_lpo_23_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=W7QPWGSAEMZ2ENX08QBG&th=1

I'm getting this one.
amazon.com/Pyle-PLTTB1-Professional-Belt-Drive-Turntable/dp/B00009V3TU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481219073&sr=8-1&keywords=pyle manual belt
It has a functional counter weight (someone tried to tell me it was only aesthetic, untrue), anti skating, removable cartridge, and it looks pretty aight aesthetically. I hear you've just gotta watch the dust cover, apparently it'll make the whole thing move if not careful.

That thing is ugly as sin
And Pyle is not known for making stuff that lasts, you'll probably get a year out of it
At least it's not a Crosley, I guess

Well it has more of an 80's vibe to the style, I get some people won't like it, want something more modern and uniform like a technica design or a vintage style. For $70 though, it has what it needs. If he's looking for an affordable player OP is probably not going to use it extensively, and having all the features of a nicer table, it should be perfect.

This. LP120 is alright but it's Chinese mass produced and a lot of your money goes towards unnecessary convenience features.

If you're in UK/Europe look towards a Pro-ject Essential II or if you can afford a bit more, a Pro-ject Debut.

Whole thing is made of plastic though. It just doesn't have the make of something with any quality to it.
It's equivalent to an 80s department store branded turntable, you can do much better for just a little more money.

I got my 120 for about $200 dollars, I already had an old received and some speakers for it so I did alright.
[spoiler]right?[/spoiler]

>under £95

200 is a good deal, shcool

Why don't you just flush £95 down the toilet?

It takes about two minutes of research to know that you need to spend a lot more on a vinyl set up than that if you want something that doesn't sound like shit. But if you can't be bothered to do any research you probably don't really care so just get a Crosley and make sure to take lots of artsy pictures of it with your Sup Forumscore records

crosley lmao

amazon.co.uk/Crosley-CR6020A-BL-Revolution-Portable-Turntable/dp/B00F0YXHGK/ref=sr_1_52?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1481231996&sr=1-52&keywords=portable turntable

good lord no

so hip