How do rising up musicians make money...

How do rising up musicians make money ? Spotify and iTunes and pretty much every other streaming service pay dirt shit for putting your music on there and you might as well give it out for free.

What the fuck do musicians have to do to make bank?

Honestly this could mean the lack of musicians if they can't survive on what they do.

That era is over now for good. Play some live gigs, sell some merch, do some modelling, fresh cunts and boipussi will always be needed.

Shows.

There's only so many shows a human can do eventually they'll tire out and need to survive on whatever they have left.

But if you don't enjoy playing your music, what the fuck are you in it in the first place for?

Depends where you live. In the US it'd have been to be a rapper and fall in favour with one of the labels that were bought out for a big check. Or to ingratiate yourself with the spralling beyonce jay z kanye clan, but even that might be in its last days. Like how they all appear on each others albums to keep the balloon afloat. Or to have made it as one of the self promoting inernet neet types.

In europe maybe go for edm. In the uk win the x factor, other than that it'd be pretty difficult as there is not much music journalism or tv left.

Most musicians and artists live with no money scrapping by and doing it for the love. You need to meet one of the millionaire types that bank roll you. Though this is tricky, I've met a few of them and they walked away with it for next to nothing and got bored. Probably for most of us it's the horror of a day job.

Then were they decent musicians to begin with?

>boipussi
I got comments !

It's fun yes, but it means if you wanna have a good flow f cash we'd have to exhaust the fuck out of ourselves and have no day off. Being a musician isn't easy and that's the truth.

Have you ever worked a 40-hour/week job?

Yes

You don't find that exhausting?

If you don't enjoy playing it what the fuck are you doing it for. It seperates the men from the faggots.

Imagine jumping around and singing or doing all kinds of shit and avoiding to get fucking killed by a crowd and people screaming all day.

For more than 40 hours a week

Yeah but it has its moments. I was in the queue with my sandwich at Marks carrying my guitar. The old dear on the till asked for a seranade so I quickly played as time goes by in the store. She went red and said she'd never had music played to her before.

See? Special things still happen.

I went across the fields in spring and played to the birds, I'm a regular Orpheus

>all day
You mean between 45 minutes per day.

Are you retarded?

People practice before a show in case you didn't know and need to have other matters dealt with.

>People practice before a show
You aren't jumping up and down and making a spectacle at a soundcheck.

How many gigs have you even played? Do you think every band is like Beatlemania 24/7?

I am beatlemania.

WAAAAH BEING AN ACTUAL MUSICIAN IS HARD WORK!!!!!1!

>win the X factor
For every One Direction there's like 6 acts who disappear into total obscurity

Ooops you meant to quote this guy Sorry about that!

cute piggy bank where can i buy one

>other matters dealt with.
>driving to the next gig
>butting your gear in the green room
>eat something from your rider
>drink a beer
>sound check
>drink a beer
>play for 45 min
>watch the other bands
>drink a bear
>sleep in your van

WOW PRETTY DIFFICULT

>How do rising up musicians make money
They don't

/thread

So money from a show lasts a single day now does it?

Maybe the commercial meme is starting to end. I have a friend that works his ass off, his band is only local. He's part of the local music scene, and they just drive places, play music, try to sell stuff, etc. If being a giant commercial entity is so inaccessible today, maybe the only musicians that will thrive are the ones who actually have conviction, not the ones looking for a quick record deal of a catchy single. Who knows.

James Arthur made a come back. There's always panto