Where did you go when what.cd closed? Anyone on Apollo.rip/Xanax.rip? How's it going there...

Where did you go when what.cd closed? Anyone on Apollo.rip/Xanax.rip? How's it going there, or on any other efforts to work towards What's former glory?

Other urls found in this thread:

apollo.rip/log.php?search=transcode
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is Sup Forums such a shit board they don't even listen to music outside youtube or spotify?

Mutracker may be making a return. I can't make any promises though.

I'm on apollo yeah, PTP is supposedly the true successor to what.cd, more knowledgeable base and more strict moderation.

apollo has been fine though so far, just needs more people reporting bunk uploads

Any invites anyone? Willing to contribute to the New Library of Alexandria.

Do you mean Pass the Headphones or whatever? Are they affiliated with PTP at all, cause I have a PTP account and, if what you say is true, I should probably get in on that.

I don't think people can invite other people yet.

How does PTH/Apollo work?

I heard they were working on bringing in what.cd refugees?

>may
>may
>may

the tracker community doesn't need your indecisive ass you retard

Apollo allows invites.

Dunno about PTH (sounds like its pretty closed for now, interview later), but Apollo is just like What.cd in appearance and function it seems.

I'm doing what I did with whatcd: waiting for someone I know to get an account and then invite me.

wow, very brave!

no need to shitpost, mate. I have a huge backlog because I was eating into my freeleech tokens just before what died so I have no immediate need for new music anyway. I'm keeping my eyes on Apollo though.

How do you get invited?

Private tracker talk is Sup Forums's thing. We only talked about what.cd because it was established, neither of its successors are out of prebeta yet. Give it time.

I'm on PTH. We have literally 10 times the torrent on any other music tracker, plus it's not run by idiots (see apollo and nostream )

you should try to get an invite, if you are on btn it's quite easy

good luck

I'm a power user on BTN, how easily could I cop an invite?

I'm on PTP, and have a good record with other private trackers, but what is BTN? Just for television?

If you were elite on what.cd and have proof you can get an invite on their irc.

rip best shitposting tracker :^(

just apply dude
read on the forum

yup

>read on the forum

According to the invites forum, invites to PTH are closed at the moment. Guess I'll have to wait. I'm really fucking excited though, I have hundreds of gigs of stuff from What.CD that I'd love to upload. :)

I've been uploading shit on Apollo all week, currently got 60 gigs of upload.

Apollo and Pass the Headphones. Have a decent little starting buffer on Apollo thanks to the freeleech, getting a good buffer on PtH is going to be much harder, but it looks like that'll be the real successor to what in the long run.

I don't think Apollo will end up being quite as modest as Waffles was compared to what, though. Just not quite as impressive as PtH will be. I guess I'll still have Waffles when it eventually goes back up as well.

What's better at PTH than Apollo? Apolla seems fine

More perfect FLACs despite the smaller userbase. People are more committed to PtH.

>People are more committed to PtH.
How do you know this?

intuition

PtH has ~2x less users but ~2x more torrents (Source: I'm on both)

Nah you're full of shit.

Just staying with Rutracker and Soulseek right now. I'm pissed I didn't use those freeleech tokens before the site went down.

>quantity over quality
Sure

more

perfect

flacs

you fucking retard

quantity and quality. Apollo did open invites and tons of users started uploading shitty youtube2mp3 rips.

[citation needed]
You mean doctored logs?

OK

That's not an actual source is it?

What torrents were youtube transcodes?

Well that will just happen when PTH opens up too.

>pth
>opening
AHHAHAHAHAHA

How will they grow if they just rely on the same tired old userbase? They'll run out of music to share.

Or rather open up to new users who will expand the library. Apollo will eventually beat them out.

w.cd never "opened" and it had 200k users

How about everything labeled transcode in the site logs and whatever else hasn't been taken care of by the staff? This is a first hand account, but I guess you want an academic paper instead? Good luck with that buddy.

>You mean doctored logs?

[Harvard Peer-Reviewed Study Needed]

Yes there were invites and also an interview process
>How about everything labeled transcode in the site logs and whatever else hasn't been taken care of by the staff?
List them

Maybe post some more irrelevant anecdotal and out of contest "evidence"

apollo.rip/log.php?search=transcode

w e w
e
w

>Yes there were invites and also an interview process
no shit dude
that's different from being open you fucking cuck, are you retarded or what? jesus christ stay on apollo please

I don't see a list. Just some random guy complaining, without specifics, then a bunch of people who did NOT have the problem.

Try again.
Apollo has open enrollment? Where do you see that?
Nice cherrypicking. Ive seen people like this on what.cd

jesus christ

dude just shut the fuck up. both of you. your posting blows.

>posts evidence
>"it's ancedotal"
>"it's cherry picking"
>"it's irrelevant"

>Apollo has open enrollment? Where do you see that?
both apollo and nostream were open for some time

When?
Literally not what I asked for.

Is there any way to prove I was a good what.cd user in order to get into PTH?

nobody cares

>When?
right when they started

So only briefly, covering the vast minority of their users?

Stop posting anytime

~20k users came in during the open signups, the site really needs a purge.
PTH economy seems really static right now though, too many seedbox buffer hoarders and too few leechers.

>20k users came in during the open signups
I looked it up, and it said only 3500.

Those shitty users will just be purged, don't worry. Also if you look at the music that is being transcoded, it should explain it and the shitty userbase, which is just a small percentage anyways.

Nah it was just above 21k. They kept upping the usercap till it was 20k, overshot it and then closed signups.
Admittedly I haven't encountered any quality issues/lossy-transcodes on the stuff I've downloaded from apollo, but there aren't many youtube2mp3 jazzfags.

Fair enough, I read the news update wrong. I was invited last week, so I guess that was "before my time"
>Admittedly I haven't encountered any quality issues/lossy-transcodes on the stuff I've downloaded from apollo, but there aren't many youtube2mp3 jazzfags.
Yeah I haven't seen many transcodes of what I'm interested in either.

Dear god

Holy fucking shit dude.

All you need for an invite is some proof that you were on what (invite email, tracker, screenshot) They're super lax on IRC.

send a 30ml vial of your semen from the last 7 days to the address on the forums
they should pick you up a few days later

i've heard apollo won't accept screenshots
but if they lax i can show em what i got so it g

How would I happen upon the Apollo IRC?

yep, just send a screenshot. Actually my friend got in with the same screenshot, just changed the email. I doubt they give it a second glance.

irc.apollo.rip
#recruitment

wait till someone asks for proofs

>just wait
literally been in it for 22 hours and nothing

guess I got lucky, sucks to suck

i'd suck someone to get in desu famola

lmao does Sup Forums filter t b h to desu

To be clear this was a screenshot of my invite email.

ah
welp

Yes. If you're power user or higher you can get in.