Led Zeppelin: "Jimmy Page is an alright guitarist and I enjoy some of his playing, but it always feels so...empty...

Led Zeppelin: "Jimmy Page is an alright guitarist and I enjoy some of his playing, but it always feels so...empty, like there's something missing from it."

Black Sabbath and Metallica: "There's millions of people out there who love Black Sabbath and Metallica, but I always thought they were big jokes. I don't know where exactly Metallica got their inspiration from, but if it came from me, then I know I totally fucked up."

The Beatles: "Sgt. Pepper is nothing but a load of mishmash."

The Bee Gees: "What a joke those guys are. Every interview of theirs, they do nothing but talk about how many suits they own. It really is for children, isn't it?"

Oasis: "Totally immature. Grow up a bit and come back."

Guns'N'Roses: "I admit, I liked their attitude but their musicianship was sorely lacking."

Bob Dylan: "He's a nasty little man. One time he said to me 'I could write Satisfaction, but you couldn't write Desolation Row.' And I said 'You're correct. I couldn't write Desolation Row.'"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/70w27wlYPFU
rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-10-wildest-led-zeppelin-legends-fact-checked-20121121/jimmy-page-dated-a-14-year-old-girl-while-he-was-in-led-zeppelin-19691231
youtube.com/watch?v=1175axY2Vvw
youtube.com/watch?v=HNY8eYmzdH4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dude's just jelly that all those other guys are more relevant than him whether they're still working, retired or dead.

The Noel Gallagher or the 60s/70s

>Oasis: "Totally immature. Grow up a bit and come back."
Correct.

He made Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street. He can say whatever he wants t b h.

the stones never made a good album
glorified singles band

Guns'N'Roses can never get enough shit

this is a fact

And this guy has the nerve to criticize Sgt Pepper when it's better than his entire discography

60s stones is still great, but yeah richards is a tool

this

even the bee gees

the fucking bee gees are more relevant than this, whatever it is, prune person

Sweet Child of Mine being a lasting hit is worse than Trump getting elected.

>Bob Dylan: "He's a nasty little man. One time he said to me 'I could write Satisfaction, but you couldn't write Desolation Row.' And I said 'You're correct. I couldn't write Desolation Row.'"
fucking rekt, git gud keef

Even Slash hated that song.

sure

and you can bet it will be #1 all over the world.

I remember reading somewhere that John Lennon once said "Keith Richards? He's not even the best guitar player in the Stones"

Eh, I can agree with him about Led Zeppelin. All of the members of the band have impressive abilities but nothing I've listened to by them (and I've listened to their full discography + the reunion live album) felt like it was something they just had to put out. It's always felt like their music's just kind of there.

I mean, it's not a bad record and it is tasteful and age appropriate as opposed to being in your 70s and singing Satisfaction.

that's the only thing i can't agree with him.

This is just Keith purposely being an old fuck trolling, he was promoting his new album. He can do whatever he wants

No that's the Ringo Starr not being the best drummer of the Beatles

Paul McCartney was the best guitarist, drummer, bassist and singer of The Beatles

Fuck. This actually really accurate.

To be honest, they did begin their career back when pop music was still singles; AOR was pioneered by groups like Jefferson Airplane that came along a bit after the Stones.

fucking plebs get off my board

>defends the rolling stones
>class others plebs

Everything quoted is pretty much spot on.

based keith

I fucking love people who arent complete pussy faggots and tip toe around their own opinions

whether you agree with them or not is irrelevant

Forgot these:

Elton John: "Nasty little fellow. All he does is write songs about dead blondes."

The Who: "If you want to torture me, lock me in a room with Roger Daltrey singing. Pete Townshend is a nice fellow, but he overthinks everything way too much."

those aren't his own opinions though

we should have a thread dedicated to dickish quotes tbqh

ahahhe le dad rock xD

When your opinions aren't dissimilar from those of a 12 year old on youtube it's not something to be proud of.

yea pretty much this

"I urge all of you to go out and vote for Labour. If the Tories win, Phil Collins is threatening to move back here from Switzerland and none of us wants that!"

kek
is that supposed to be impressive?! pls

I mean Keith has never been particularly tight in a live context but he is absolutely a great arbiter of musicianship in Rock 'n' Roll. The Stones had groove and they played dirty and sweet too. Plenty of great albums, anybody who disagrees is a pleb of the highest order whose idea of rock 'n' roll is all skewed by the Velvet Underground and descendants or worse, Sabbath and descendants. Rock w/o country, blues, gospel has forgotten something and keef knos.

That's actually pretty funny.

the gallaghers are a treasure trove of quotes

Go back to shitposting in the Greg Lake sticky, Christgau.

this man knows

keef is a god and youre all millenial plebs

literally all 'rock' music that exists today was influenced by the stones

I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans and fucking [indecipherable] don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want fucking wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!

There's no other person on the planet who could write Desolation Row. Not sure if that's good or bad thing

haha as if christgau would shit-talk The Velvet Underground - u do not know what u are talking about.
i don't diss prog or hard rock outright, but I think more credit is due to music that is less contrived and welcome the musings of an old crank

>Pete Townshend is a nice fellow
WOW! Really?

He was drunk when he said that. Funny how Buddy Guy and him are great friends.
>"Eric Clapton and I are the best of friends and I like the tune "Strange Brew" and we were sitting and having a drink one day and I said 'Man, that "Strange Brew" ... you just cracked me up with that note.' And he said 'You should...cause it's your licks ...' "
You're not fooling anyone.

he was right about the saudis though eh

Who else is a nice fellow? Charles Manson? Ritchie Blackmore?

Jimmi Page is super nice guy too

there's a good reason these guys are paid to make music and not to critique music or be pundits.

Apart from that 14 year girl old he slept with. Oops!
youtu.be/70w27wlYPFU
rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-10-wildest-led-zeppelin-legends-fact-checked-20121121/jimmy-page-dated-a-14-year-old-girl-while-he-was-in-led-zeppelin-19691231

> do i really have to use meme arrows or upload bait.jpg for you to understand i was being sarcastic?

You mean the hundreds of girls under 16 he raped and also all the stolen songs.

led zeppelin killed a groupie by shoving a great white shark up her pussy

hardly nice fellows

they were satan worshipers

>killed a groupie

nope

Sabbath > Rolling Stones though

nice try

kek does he like anyone?

Thanks for making me think of Let It Bleed, gonna go listen to it now

old blues musicians

Only blues and Chuck Berry.

Jagger is a bigger legend then Keef

t. mick

I can't bring myself to hate Keith.

You guys do know those quotes aren't real... right?

The Sabbath and Metallica one is definitely real. I remember when it was first published and people got mad.

certainly remember him saying at least something similar about led zeppelin

This guy gets it

>what is beggar's banquet
>what is let it bleed
>what is sticky fingers

he's right though. mick taylor is much a better "guitarist"

half-filler, half-killer like all their work
actually, dirty work and steel wheels are all filler

You sound like a hack writer for Rolling Stone or Kerrang

pure shite
wannabe americans, literal peacocks

>'I could write Satisfaction, but you couldn't write Desolation Row
#REKT

Probably why they were more popular with Americans than Gary Glitter. :^)

eww

Real talk though, Keith Richards was a straight up baddass who wrote lots of iconic rock and roll back in the day, but for the last god knows how long he has gone massively down hill in his ability to actually even fucking play the guitar, and he was never that flash to begin with. Try watching a Rolling Stones live concert from the last ten years and actually following what he's doing, 80% of what he does is just walking around the stage, kinda strumming here or there or noodling the same 3 blues licks aimlessly over everything while the rest of the band actually provides the music. When he does take a "solo" it kinda is just blended into the band just grooving away to make it sound passable, what he's actually playing sounds like someone who's been taking guitar lessons for 6 months jamming in their bedroom.

lol imagine that dude molesting you

How the fuck can you play when your hands look like this?

>Rolling Stones my favorite band is somehow patrician
shut the fuck up

holy fuck he's a wrinkly bastard. I wonder if he still bangs 20 year old models

Heaven. The young girls loved him back in the day...

He has Heberden's Nodules. They're not painful, but they do make it difficult to play guitar.

>this is a reply to the same post that names sticky fingers and exile
its like youre trying to set yourself up to lose

I don't think Keith does, but I think Mick still does.

how fucking wrong can one post be, exile on main street, beggars banquet, let it bleed, some girls, tattoo you, their satanic majesties?
this just proves how many nu-males roam Sup Forums now, if you honestly think there has never been a good stones album you're a contrarian, no single band could have made the legacy they did

Knowledge of Dylan is only good for picking up dumb college girls

all that old rock is generic boring huff

>huff
beta nu-male detected

well, mick's current girlfriend just had a baby

she's a 29-year-old ballet dancer, close enough

lel

no

the rolling stones were keefs band

jagger was just a diva
the only people that think mick is bigger are fags
most dudes would want to be keef, not mick

mick had more technique for leads, but everyone knows that stuff is secondary to the music, keef knew this more than anyone in the band and his playing was all about serving whats best for the song

youtube.com/watch?v=1175axY2Vvw

impressed desu

keith richards was a better singer than mick too

What is this new meme that not enjoying The Rolling Stones and their boring ass music makes you a nu-male or a pleb?

youtube.com/watch?v=HNY8eYmzdH4