8/6: UFC FN 92 - Rodriguez vs Caceres
8/13: ONE FC: Macau - TBA
8/20: UFC 202 - Diaz vs McGregor 2
8/27: UFC on Fox 21 - TBA
8/27: ONE FC: Jakarta - TBA
9/2: ONE FC: Kuala Lumpur - TBA
9/10: UFC 203 - Miocic vs Overeem

Previous thread: >UFC FN 91 bonuses
mmajunkie.com/2016/07/ufc-fight-night-91-bonuses-as-if-there-was-any-question-ferguson-and-vannata-lead-the-way

>Wilson Heis gets a Darrell Horcher
mmajunkie.com/2016/07/promotional-newcomer-sean-santella-steps-in-to-fight-wilson-reis-at-ufc-201-in-atlanta

>UFC FN 91 results
mmajunkie.com/2016/07/ufc-fight-night-91-results-john-linekers-power-shuts-down-michael-mcdonald-in-first-round

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1468454162661.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=SqhmIGgO25E
youtu.be/5YdEDtFOdCA?t=1052
ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations#14
youtube.com/watch?v=FW6SGAEycXo
youtu.be/frZfw3Z6z9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

schaub

first for RARE

Fuck bulgaria

Should he be fucking ashamed?

5 foot 5 bald cuck

>there are casuals in this thread right now who think Cruz would stand a chance against Aldo

>vanatta
Who?

UFC 200 stunk

London Banana is officially /heem/'s boy now.

STILL.
STILL.
STIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLL.

He spells his name wrong and so does the UFC

:3

Kailin a CUTE!
CUTE!!!

>tfw I could heem everyone here

Ugly pig face. She looks like Wanderlei.

shut up

So Connor is gonna wreck Lesnar right?

people will laugh but I really think so. Lesnar doesn't know how to take a punch and Conor would punch him a lot before Lesnar could even get a finger on Conor. I can easily see Conor TKOing him in the first.

FIGHT MOTION

youtube.com/watch?v=SqhmIGgO25E

WATCH IT YOU GOOFS

hot tbqh

We all know weight classes only exist because lanklets don't want to get embarassed

what in the actual fuck mate? There is not way in hell that connor can ever do anything against Lesnar. The difference is physicality is just way to much. How can anyone think otherwise? You just got baited you fucking casual

>You just got baited you fucking casual
That's ironic considering he just baited you

How will Horcher do in the UFC?

>You just got baited you fucking casual

there are levels to this shit, you think you are baiting me then *BAM* you are the one thats being baited.

He had a bad motorcycle accident a couple of months ago, will probably be out for a while. He looked pretty good on the feet v Khabib though.

ujelly?

Is Edelman shopped? I don't remember him clowning with them.

Congratulations, you got yourself caught. What's the next step in your master plan?

hnnnnggggg

BJM blew Jackson/Wink and Condit out

I'm a #LawlerWon now

looks shopped, I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time

crashing this thread

Pretty sure thats up the commission

>Tony Ferguson will fight for the title in the UFC's "deepest division" in 2016

Probably won't. He needs another top fight.

>How would you even objectively determine damage

Strikes are damaging if they cause your opponent to react to them, basically. If I break a 2x4 over Nate Diaz's face and he doesn't move, no facial expression change, it doesn't change what he's doing, it's not damaging. If I get a knockdown? Damaging.

Obviously those are two extremes, but it's a spectrum. You can also hear how much force a hit is applied with. If you ever hear someone get kicked in the face with a boot and their nose breaks? It's a disgusting sound.

>If I write a book about cooking, does that makes me a chef?

If chefs follow your cookbook, you're an authority on cooking.

youtu.be/5YdEDtFOdCA?t=1052

>BJM tells John Crouch to Shut the Fuck up after he complains about the stoppage in RDA/Benson Henderson

>it's not damaging

That's just fucking stupid then, that's obviously going to cause something somewhat more objective in aesthetic damage and obviously is going to rattle his head and probably put him out for 6 months at least

Scoring because someone has retard adrenaline is not the slightest bit objective

Judges should be required to take a punch from both fighters so they can determine who has the more damaging strikes

time stamp?

>Herb Dean's Judging camp
>if you're come too late or too early you pass the test

kek

ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations#14

>Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant.

[Embed] doesn't work, copy the link into a new tab and it should be timestamped right

Skip a few seconds back if you want the full story, it's a decent podcast so far since they're talking about fightan

>that's obviously going to cause something somewhat more objective in aesthetic damage

I feel like you misread me. It's not about whose face is more fucked up. Strikes are damaging if they affect how the fight is going. If my strikes force you to react to them or they change where you are or they stop your combo or what the fuck ever, they're effective. They're damaging.

If I technically hit you with a fist but it just glances off you and nothing changes as a result of it, it's not damaging.

>“Effective striking” is judged by determining the impact of legal strikes landed by a contestant and the number of such legal strikes. Heavier strikes that have a visible impact on the opponent will be given more weight than the number of strikes landed. These assessments include causing an opponent to appear stunned from a legal blow, causing the opponent to stagger, appearance of a cut or bruise from a legal strike and causing the opponent to show pain. Cumulative impact on a fighter will also be weighed. If neither fighter shows an advantage in impact of strikes, the number of strikes will determine the most effective striker.

WITNESS THE GREATNESS.

thanks lad, BJM is based

>if they affect how the fight is going

Strikes from the first round could have significant impact on the fourth round and so on

And again, simply judging by reaction isn't everything, Vannata ate a straight superman punch and hardly reacted if at all, he kept going, it doesn't mean it isn't in the slightest an effective strike

You can break your nose during a punch and not much react to it, it doesn't mean it isn't damaging

Such an arbitrary standard

Top lad

Schaub bless

All judging standards are arbitrary. That's why we have judges.

>leg kicks don't do anything

>this man is considered one of the top refs in the world

timestamp

>leg kicks

we call them Condit kicks around these parts

youtube.com/watch?v=FW6SGAEycXo

That don't even technically use the standards you're describing

>If chefs follow your cookbook, you're an authority on cooking.
If chefs follow my cookbook, he's a retard.
And people are mislead all the time, and not only in sport, but in everything.
Look at Condit listening to that goofball whose only background is playing with rocks and climbing on trees, believing it's actually gonna help him fighting dudes in a cage.

Go ask Urijah Faber if leg kicks don't do anything

BJM makes an interesting point about how coaches shout out "BYOOTIFUL WORK" and shit to influence the judges
Don't know why but I never really looked at it that way, thought it was just to boost their confidence and shit

40:40

he's right, real leg kicks are like Melvin Manhoef against Lawler

Well obviously those are the most significant but that doesn't mean leg kicks as a whole suddenly don't count, it's purely subjective

He's not saying all leg kicks don't count tho, he's saying arguing that Condit won because he "outstruck" Lawler based on inconsequential calf taps is a weak case

this is legit

That's basically what he said though, probably not what he meant too be fair

>inconsequential calf taps

That's where the issue comes in, how can you tell how actually inconsequential it is? You really can't. Even with this whole reaction argument, Condit's leg kicks caused Robbie to react in different ways, Condit's strikes in general also kept the distance which changed the way the fight went and Robbie reacted, thus neutralizing his offense. The leg kicks even put Robbie off-balance a couple times

Accumulation damage is a thing

Still my boy.

Jon Jones heemed the credibility of the division.

People can say roids all day, but every time people discuss about Cormier as the champ there will be an asterisk next to him, *former champ beat him and had to be stripped because his personal life is a trainwreck

You guys realize Jon "coke and poke" Jones only beat Alex because he was roided to the gills, right? It's good to finally get vindication

>one fight in 3.5 years
He's he trying to break Cruz's record?

They're all on steroids.

EVERYONE IS ON SHIT

can we get rid of all the fucking stupid manletweight divisions once and for all. Light Heavyweight should be Lightweight and Middleweights are basically Flyweights

>Those leg kicks Lawler just eats from Manhoef

Absolutely brutal, if I recall Condit got him with some leg kicks too though Lawler started jumping when he threw them eventually. Maybe he needs to work on checking them

ayy you right
I shouldn't have been surprised when he popped

lmao this is hilarious

>making lawler do fucking standing splits

Daily reminder that Manhoef KO'd Hunto in like 20 seconds.

You honestly think Alex wasn't roided?

>there are goofs in this thread right now who think Condit's leg kicks were anything more than tippy tappy point strikes

Accumulation damage is still damage

*touches you with a finger 1000 times*

>how can you tell how actually inconsequential it is?
By looking at them. No windup, barely any audible contact, no physical evidence of damage (i.e. swelling or bruising), etc.

there has to be damage before it can start to accumulate

That would hurt like fuck.

You now remember Thomas Almeida

>yfw 189er goofs on an anime imageboard disagree with BJM when it comes to scoring and unironically think they're right

You now remember Fedor Emelianenko

Mate calm down that's a step too far

Who else hoping for khabib-ferguson? That was not a championship performance imo

>No windup

Utterly irrelevant

>barely any audible contact
Should probably get a q-tip

>no physical evidence
Diaz brothers bleed like a pig and look like utter shit after most of their fights, doesn't mean they're necessarily taking significant physical damage

And again, if you're going to go by the aforementioned "reaction" standard, Robbie reacted to the legs most the time and it threw him off his normal rhythm and prevented him from actually being an aggressor most of the time

>196er retards think BJM is a remotely credible authority of officiating

Khabib should be cut, never fights and a boring wrestlefucker.

If Fitch got cut, Khabib should be cut.

>Alright losers, let's get this shit over with

Yeah but if Ferguson gets that belt and then fight Khabib, this fight will be even bigger.

Either Khabib or Ferguson should get the next title shot.

Robbie wasn't the aggressor because Condit moved so much, not because he was getting chopped down by little flicking insect-bite leg kicks, that was pretty obvious.

>time travelling 202ers don't realise he literally helped write the rules of the sport

GET THE FUCK IN HERE
youtu.be/frZfw3Z6z9M

youtu.be/frZfw3Z6z9M
youtu.be/frZfw3Z6z9M
youtu.be/frZfw3Z6z9M