Holy fucking shit, I know Im late to the party

Holy fucking shit, I know Im late to the party

But how could they have dropped the ball so hard?

What the fuck is this shit even SUPPOSED to be?

I remember almost every piece of dialogue from season 1, this shit right here I predicted every fucking scene and I STILL cant even bother to remember what the season was about.

Jesus christ, talk about ending things on a high note.

There should have never been season 2. It shouldnt even fucking exist.

It was great you pleb

S2 > S1

Look, ray, you got it wrong. When i was a kid my dad he would give me some candy on thanksgiving but then on christmas he'd beat up my mom and pass out on the yard. You see? You gotta remind them what you really aren't so they never miss who you really are. Casper knew this.

Both seasons are shit. Pizzarolleo is a hack.

Completely wrong. Tried to juggle too many ideas and ended up fumbling almost all of them, creating a season that was inconsistent and convoluted. The redeeming factors were performances and visuals. The writing was a mess.

>Vince's rat monologue

I was very surprised that the 4 actor's performances turned out to be the only thing I actually liked because I dislike all 4 of them otherwise.

Couldn't save the show though.

Season 2 was better than season 1.

it's a pleb filter
too bad you just confirmed us that you're a pleb

If you want suspense cop drama and you havent seen first season then yes but otherwise it has big flaws.

Flaws, sure, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Season 1 was terrible after the half way point and had zero pay off.

"We found a paper. With signatures all over it"

yeah, this is the general consensus. weak writing overall. the acting was strong, they just didn't have very much to do besides sulk. the two major set pieces - the shootout and the orgy scene - were underwhelming. overall a C- season. the first one was stellar and an A, if you're curious about my ranking.

btw, there will always be contrarians, especialy around here. i mean, there are people here who actually watch The Walking Dead and those CW superhero shows. pay them no mind, unless they have sound arguments.

Pizza is a hack.
Fukushima is why season 1 was GOAT

I disagree with you actually. I like all of the 4 main actors, as they do well in the kind of projects that they usually participate in, but in TD Farrell was the only one who really 'got' his character IMO

I was really hoping to see Rachel McAdams' titties and butthole.

this 2bh
at least s2 memes were better than s1 memes

Season 1 was GOAT because most of the dialogues were ripped off from old books

yeah they should have done that for s2

a realist and depressive presentation of a corrupt city

there was some speculation Pizz ripped off old James Ellroy books, particularly Brown's Requiem, i think, among others, for season 2. however, i've not yet read the book and it seems the similarities are the tropes somewhat prevalent in detective fiction.

for the first season, he definitely took/stole/plagiarized/whatever from multiple sources, including Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, and Thomas Ligotti. loved the season, but there's no denying that.

>I predicted every fucking scene

Nah, you didn't though.

First half of S1 > Second half of S2 > Second half of S1 > First half of S2

You have to be paying attention throughout the first half of Season 2 for it to all tie together in the second half. Too many people were comparing it to how gripping the beginning of Season 1 was that they did not stick with it and wrote it off as confusing shit.

I liked where they took the second half of season 2. A detective trying their best to capture the elusive, powerful people that pull so many strings in society makes for a great story, but season 2 had trouble clearly telling this story to most audiences.

Typical rookie misapprehension.

1) It's the writer's fault if the characters are poorly written. Just because the actors are the one who're looking dumb on-screen doesn't mean that it's their fault.

2) And even if there were something coherent about their characters that they didn't get, it's still the director's fault, and in TV series also increasedly the writer's.

So Nic sucks both ways, but no, the former reason is true in this particular case.

This.

Creating threads about how bad S2 is just ousts you as a shit eating pleb

ugh

shit was a line out of zoolander

I couldn't be more unironic when I say this:

it was too deep for you and everyone in this shithole board

i liked the main characters but
the last 30mins or so of s2 were so predictable and try hard edginess when they could've cut that and made a better conclusion.

Any chance someone's got those "first draft" Vince lines from these old threads? Ca never remember any of them right but they had me rolling

True detective is a terrible overrated show.
Fucked up detective memes, Addictive behaviour memes, Sexual problems memes, Relationship issues memes...and wannabee cult lines that fall completely flat.