Let's face it. This episode was the peak of GoT. It was all down hill from there

Let's face it. This episode was the peak of GoT. It was all down hill from there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCL8ONmOKBw
youtube.com/watch?v=EI07pG-er64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I remember how great this show used to be in it's first 4 seasons. Come season five they started cutting all the cool shit out of the show. No Griff, no Victarion, no Arianne.

Season 6 has been solid so far though outside of the 4/10 premiere. Eps 2 and 3 were good because they had no Dorne scenes at all.

>No Griff, no Victarion, no Arianne
Leaving them out is literally the best alteration they've made from the books, or maybe next to cutting silly shit like Lady Stoneheart or Strong Belwas.

The widlings attacking the wall episode was fucking awesome.

No shitting scene. 0/10

I like the first season, but upon watching the second it just felt wrong. So I read all the books before the next season came out because I assumed the strangeness of S2 was because of having to cut content from the books.

I learned from this that I only enjoyed S1 and S2 and the first two books. I mean it's no Ulysses, they are lowbrow entertainment, but the narrative gave me time to learn about the characters in the first two books. I literally don't give a single shit about any POV character that's been introduced S3/third book onward.

At the end of season one almost every second scene is one of Ned. Now some characters only get a single scene an episode, sometimes it's only a scene every two episodes.

season 4 bar oberyn fight was shit tho

this episode sucked aside from the fight at the end though.

I remember thinking season 2 was total trash compared to one, but looking back on it now I think I like it a lot more than even season 3

It's been going downhill since the pilot

Griff and especially Victarion are totally cuttable and you know it.

>le contrarian man thread

Pretty much the same as the books

what did he mean by this?

That giant archer shooting bilsta tier bolts at fucking human plebs on there little wall. That was good fight. To think they are friends now makes my mind hurt a bit. Also how easy was Castle black stormed by the wild fuckers in season 6. Was more like a house call from old friends than siege!

this. there was ZERO set up when they could've built it up to absolutely nauseating heights. where was a scene between jaime/cersei to reinforce their conflicting loyalties? why not another scene of tyrion/oberyn in the episode? why not a scene of the mountain before the fight to create anticipation and build intimidation? oberyn and the mountain only show up at the end. why the beetles scene other than to be oh so meta?

it speaks to the strength of the material and pascal's previous acting that it was still queasy. the editing was jumpy as shit, but still -- a great realization of the scene regardless of other factors in the episode that could've made it stronger.

I thought the idea of pauldrons was to deflect blows from the head/shoulders

why does the guy in the brown have such retarded ones?

It would be very painful.

>shitty ass cgi
>shitty ass fight sequences
>you can literally see the actors/actresses having to wait in position during fight sequences so their "opponent," can hit their sword and act like they blocked

Why do people like this shit again? Spartacus did everything fucking better

>hotter bitches
>better villains
>better big guys (Theokeles)
>better main character

I agree. It peaked with season 4.

It was also the last time anything happened to Tyrion. He and Jaime have been on stand-by for the last two seasons, which is weird because they were the best characters of the series...

MY COCK RAGES ON

Season 1 was the peak of GoT. Season 2 & 3 were acceptable. Once the show started deviating from the books it was over.

Not having full helmets on like proper fighters makes it lame as fuck for me...

Example:

>youtube.com/watch?v=mCL8ONmOKBw

youtube.com/watch?v=EI07pG-er64

this

3 was more acceptable than 2 tbqhwyf

nobody cares about dorne
nobody cares about the dragon whore and her retarded ass plot
the cool characters are all dead or dicking around w their cocks/ pussies in their hands

got is the biggest, most disgraceful missed opportunity in the history of tv

1 >>> 3 > 4 > 2 >>> 6 (so far) >>>>>>> 5

sason 5 goes full meme
thanks god i dropped it