24-horas.mx/500-mil-mexicanos-se-sumaron-a-las-filas-de-la-pobreza-coneval/
nairaland.com/488110/picture-slums-usa
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you sure it's not Phoenix?

might be

low cost and efficient
it beats sleeping under the I-20 overpass

dear fucking god please let them in

Those aren't mean for families, 1 bedroom, kitchen and bathroom, that's it. Probably meant as rooms for rental tho no doubt for some they must have become permanent dwellings, which still beats many other type of arrangements. Pave the street to the right, put some trees, lawns and flowerbeds it legit wouldn't be THAT bad.

>bigger than japanese apartments

Where is it? I've never seen houses that small.

Mexicali

Probably central Mexico tho it really could be anywhere, you've probably never seen those because it's the kind of places that are way outside of cities and not exactly next to highways.

Better than a favela may not be much of a standard but it is what it is. On the bright side people getting those may not even have to cough up any cash and just straight get them on their INFONAVIT savings. I don't figure any of those units woould be worth more than USD$3-4 k much cheaper than een a half decent car.

Looks comfy tbph

Doesn't look like central Mexico, looks like some shitty infonavit neighborhood in the north, in a small city or a border city

did they forgot to build the rest of the house

This is in Mexicali isn't it?
Literally looks like something I would see normally on here (inb4 CHICANO, American proxy at work).

topkek

Flaites houses don't look so bad after all.

yes

Dude I'd bet dollars to pesos you could find something like that somewhere in between Mexico City and Queretaro even if it turns out this one's from Mexicali. Paved arid deserts like that exist even in some jungle states leaving aside the curious size of those homes.

laugh it up

youtube.com/watch?v=2QBu5yRrDr4

>american housing

Looks like those massive cheap housing complexes along the highways between Mexico City and other states

That looks more like the north though, it has that feel about it, if you know what I mean, looks like stuff I've seen before.

wow, poor people are poor
But keep in mind that the "houses" in OP's are something you pay for

Those are very cheap though, and really isolated, near the exit of the cities.

Would you guys rather living in one of these small houses, or pic?
Most houses in Chiapas outside the ""cities"" look like this.

Yeah, you pay for them
The people in the video have literally none

fair enough althopugh there's a pattern here I've unfortunately seen across the country. Area gets developed, everything that's local flora gets uprooted and people in those environments don't have the means, will to keep gradens as they think it's what's getting so much dust inside their homes so they pave over everything they can making things even worse (heat island effect, loss of topsoil in frequently driven areas, etc. Eventually it turns to shit like in that picture and teenagers growing up in those environments make things worse vandalizing and spraypainting everything they can. I've seen too many of those literal hells all over the country.

I would tbqh, if I could get internet there. Both places are equally isolated and the rural one might be even more dangerous.

Nice try

mexicans are pathetic, search bettet lol, that people are the affected by earthquakes, and now they should have a home. Not like in your country where the poor are poor because the government does not give a shit.

Didn't people made a big deal about this and shat on the construction company because this ""houses"" are ridiculously small? I remember watching something like that in the news a while ago.

*rural one might be even less dangerous

Woops, meant to quote

Funny because that pic is from your country. pic related.

24-horas.mx/500-mil-mexicanos-se-sumaron-a-las-filas-de-la-pobreza-coneval/

literally the first thing they go into if you actually wtach that video is asking them why they live there. They all replay some variation of economic need/cant afford better. Seriously man.

A home that is solidly built, it's inside as clean as you can make it and where you face no fears of eviction does seem like a better deal than living in improvised homes made of wood, cardboard and tin sheet without running water or electricity. Just saying.

Mate, the slums in your country are pretty fucking pathetic, those ones are made out of cardboard and your inequality index is somehow even worse than ours. I mean, your country is doing better than ours in many, many things, but this is not one of them.

That doesn't look like any skyline we have.

And it is actually Detroit.

I am more worried about those "fences".

It's sometimes hard to find sources for pics, eg google search on what you posted has no matches other than it being used as stock photo in a number of articles dealing with different countries. I did found the exact same pic I posted here claiming it's Detroit
nairaland.com/488110/picture-slums-usa
It might be Kenya, it certainly doesn't look like Mexico.

Pictured you can tell it's the US because of the water tower which is kinda distinctive (it may not be, this is from my own experience) and the ones with trailer parks and white trash looking people but other than that slums pics are difficult to track. I'll be removing the "Vegas" one from my folder tho.

Even American flags are not an indicator as I think they're populñar in Liberia, many of the pics with those were clearly labeled Africa.

Didn't you see the news reporting about the riots, using pics of some arab protest, with arabic writing behind all the people, claiming it was Tultepec?

that's definitely not detroit, i don't know if you're trolling but detroits skyline looks nothing like that, those types of buildings do not exist there. Also there's no fucking palm trees there, do you realize what detroit is actually like?

my guess is that is somewhere in south east asia

>may not even have to cough up any cash and just straight get them on their INFONAVIT savings
>any cash
>straight get them on their INFONAVIT savings
>savings
very nice for their government mandated savings which are discounted from their paychecks to be burned to buy a shit house which probably has no running water and is 3 hours away from their job

Tbh this. Not the worst arrange for a single person.

And this is coming from someone who is very critical of Mexico

those typically hold families of 6+

not many people live alone in mexico

>those typically
How do you know? Not even mexicans here knew where was this in, so they aren't that common.

>families of 6+
When we talk about big families, the south and it's indigenous communities is the first thing that comes to my mind though, and they live in so much bigger houses... until the gov kicks them out and sells the land to american or canadian corporations, and then they jump the wall or cross the river.