Retail/Work Stories thread!

Retail/Work Stories thread!
To all my Sup Forumsros in the customer service industry, let's here your war stories. I'll start

>Working at McDicks
>working the fryer
>Manager is working the window, handing a dude his drinks when the customer sees an employee walk behind the counter in street clothes instead of a uniform (He was there on his day off to sign some papers)
>Customer takes it upon himself to tell the manager that "he shouldn't be able to do that" in a whiney voice
>The manager just nods and ignores the guy, but that only makes him more irate
>At this point, the customer is just going on and on about how that isn't policy and he is breaking the rules by letting him do that and how he is going to call the corporate office and get us all fired.
>The manager is so fed up that he has me hand out the customer's order because he didn't want to deal with him anymore
>Go to the window
>The guy is at least mid 40s, white, in a piece of shit beat down truck, smoking a cig with his hamplanet wife in the passanger with two little boys in the back seat.
>The guy starts yelling at me
>"THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE"
>"WHAT IS THAT MANAGER'S NAME"
>I pause, hand him his food, and just give him the biggest shit eating grin and say "Thanks... come again" in the most condescending way
>close the window on him mid sentence
>He speeds off
>It's only until he leaves that we realize that we didn't put his 20 nuggets into the bag, we just wanted him to fucking leave
>10 minutes goes by and he's back at the window, blasting his horn at us.
>The manager gave me the honor of handing him his food
>The second I open the window, he demands that I give him the store manager's personal phone number so he can tell him how shit we are.
>I tell him "It should be on your receipt"
>at this point, I'm on the verge of tears seeing this pathetic faggot spreg out like this.
>I hand him his food and he says "Expect some BIG changes around here" and speeds off one last time
>never hear of it ever again.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1Sp-OyFuCsIZdJ0VGaKZpXFLUcmPp6rTIp-LIe5rh52E/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

I have more stories if people are interested

fuck you you're an overglorified gripper-arm in an oversized vending machine that serves hot food.

get a real job.

Bumping for potential.

>get a real job

coming from someone who is probably on welfare

The edge is strong with this one

Obama ruined the job market 7 years ago. Hard for a young adult to get anything decent anymore, during or before going to a college.

Actually worked as a programmer for a while and am now retired.

believe it or not.

>working overnight stocking Walmart
>go hours without seeing a customer on your aisle
>oh shit, here comes a customer
>"hi sir/maam, how are you doing today? Anything I can help you find?
>customer pretends like you don't exist and ignores you
fuck them

explain

>I have to lie to strangers on the internet to make myself feel better

The whole reason I go to walmart at 1am on sundays is so I don't have to interact with people.

Fuck off with trying to start conversation.

yet you'd complain if an associate ignored you and made you feel "unimportant"
fuck off

Fuck man I've never complained in my life.

My mother had bitched about every little thing whenever we go out to eat since I was a kid. Turned me off to complaining.

I don't even return broken shit or spoiled food -- I just go buy another, I hate being an inconvenience to people.

Fuck off cunt.

Breathe

Same job here. But I don't acknowledge them unless they ask for something.

you know, you'd be most useful if you'd shat up, do your stocking, and when your're done, you stand at the end of an aisle where you're visible but out of the way, and don't move unless spoken to.

hurr look at me the only thing I am qualified to do in my life is managing the oscillation of the fat-protein-sawdust slab over the industrial grill.

good man

>work at a fast food restaurant
>mostly black patronage
>drive through line is really narrow, so once you're in it, you stay in
>family of screaming nogs pulls through
>orders at the speakerbox
>has to make about 10 redaction and corrections because people in the car just yell what they see on the menu without thinking
>changes the order again at the pay window
>changes the order again at the pickup window, making people run back and forth
>pulls forward one car length after getting their food and stops
>not to check on the food to see that everything is correct, just to start eating
>people start honking
>have to go outside and tell the nogs to fucking move their car
>this happens about once a week, always with a different family

It really does seem like more than anything, black people have a reduced sense of how their actions effect others. Maybe they just don't care, and the empathy part of their brain is underdeveloped.

>Working at call centre for major North American retail store's credit card.
>Store clerks get a $15 commission for every approved credit card application they do.
>One day store clerk calls in wondering why an application was declined, so I pull up the credit report used to assess the customer
>The guy hasn't paid a credit card or utility bill in like 3 years, there's no chance in hell we're giving him a credit card.
>store clerk starts screaming at me about how the customer wants to buy an expensive couch and if we don't force his application to be approved he won't buy it.
>tell the clerk he's not the one that gets to choose if a customer gets approved for a credit card, so the guy needs to pay by other means
>store clerk flips out ands demands to speak to my supervisor
>find out later that he yelled at my supervisor for 20 minutes until my supervisor put him on hold and called the clerk'said store manager
>never heard about the guy ever after that

Customers are bad but sometimes employees are worse.

Wasn't that bush?

>Working Graveyard shift
>4 am is when we switch from dinner items to breakfast only
>4:01 AM
>Car pulls up
>Yeah,,,, can I get 2 mc chickens. large fry. and a big mac
>"Sorry, we switch to breakfast at 4"
>"What, it's 4:01, yall can't make me a mc chicken"
>"No, once the clock hits 4, we switch to breakfast only"
>Long pause
>From the backseat I hear, "man fuck you"
>I immediately say, "well thanks for coming in" and unplug my headset.
>they sit there for about another 30 seconds before they realize that I'm not about to take their order
>They zoom by with their middle fingers hanging out

>work in supermarket
>go to assist customer
>"hello mate anything I can help you with?"
>gives me a horrified look like I just shat on his kids face
>"mate? Don't you mean sir?"
>No
>refuse to serve after that, say cya later mate and add mate in as much as I can
>he writes a letter in to complain turned out to be an ex police pig faggot
> managers call me up and talk to me
> all laugh at his pointless letter managers take my side I don't have to call men sir
Fuck I hate working in retail makes me sick

gj

you know, when you act like a machine, don't be surprised when you'll actually be replaced by a machine and out of a job.

Thanks.
And the thing that ticks me off is when customers leave frozen / refrigerated items out just wherever and they go bad.

Does it have to be retail?

Fire/EMS here
Tons of weird shit.

Not

the day I'm replaced by a machine is the day you'll finally get that robotic 2 inch penis transplant

Lay it on us, brother

yall should install an area at the end of aisles where customers can dump their unwanted items so you can rapidly restock them

i realize you probably don't have a say in that but 99% of the recurring troubles you have with customers are due to a shitty environment you yourself (as in your company) created.

I'm also 24

believe it or not.

I just don't understand why you feel it's your duty to be an unaccomodating dick.

Believe it or not

What are you the fucking ripleys man

>working at toys r us on Black Friday
>(it's my first week on the job)
>niggress comes up to me and sets down an Xbox one and two games
>she asks me to make it quick
>"I'll go as fast as I can ma'am"
>scan everything and bag her shit.
>she pulls out a huge ass stack of 5 dollar bills.
>fuck
>start counting 5, 10, 15, 20...
>get to about 200 and she reminds me to hurry up.
>"I'm going as fast as I can"
>loose count
>sheeit.
>restart
>she's calls me dumbass and says I can't even count money
>I come back with why the fuck are you paying me in fives you goddamn stripper.
>my manager comes over and says he will count for me (he was watching the whole time.)
>he counts the money for me
>She ends up $15 short and doesn’t have any more money.

Dumbass hoe

I'm a locksmith.
>hey can I just get a copy of my car key?
>yeah mate 90 bucks because its an immobiliser key
>nah it doesnt have any of that flash stuff
>yes, it does
> fuck off just cut me a plain key
Ok.jpg
>this key doesnt start my car

People are retarded

dude, that's literally the fucking worst
when you have to constantly change the order or when they add or remove shit at the window.
The kitchen staff have no idea what the fuck is going on and everything has to come to a halt just to make sure they are taken care of.

>Mexican guy shows up at my drive thru
>He orders 2 number 2s
>I tell him "does everything look correct on the screen"
>He drives off before I can finish the sentence, doesn't even look at the screen to verify what he ordered.
>pulls up to the window and tosses me a debit card
>the total was like 12 dollars
>give him his debit card and receipt
>he glances at his receipt and freaks out on me, accusing me of overcharging him and ripping him off
>turns out he just wanted "the sandwiches" instead of 2 individual combos
>have to call a manager over
>Everything comes to a complete fucking halt because we have to get him out of the way before we can continue with other people's orders

it's a sort of inb4.

Nothing. Since I'm not a pleb I don't work in the service industry. You are all as low as hookers and deserve to be treated like the shit you are.

You got my order wrong again faggots. Let me see the manager.

Another day
>store clerk calls in asking why application didn't work.
>ask for the application reference number, store clerk gives me 9 different numbers
>ask him how many customers he has doing applications, clerk says only one
>the guy was refused the first time but the clerk wanted his $15 commission, did 9 separate applications in a row.
For those that don't know, your credit score goes down every single time you apply for a credit card. The logic is that if you're applying for a bunch of credit cards then you must be broke, therefore your credit score drops.
>had to explain to the customer why he wouldn't be allowed to buy a house or good car for at least 7 years until these applications dropped off his record

I'm not even in retail, but you should rip off your dick and choke on it. They're not your slaves, they're there because your stupid ass can't find the chicken tendies. And how is a fast food job not a real job, you faggot? The only thing you're doing with a programming language is sucking a Python

No, 99% of the problems are from shitty customers.
Source, I see lazy entitled people like you when I go shopping.

Nope.

>I just don't understand why you feel it's your duty to be an unaccomodating dick.

You wouldn't last a day doing what I do

I work at subway for the summer and this happened like 2 days ago
>be me by myself on a Sunday
>Sundays are always dead so no body comes in
> haven't made a sandwich in over 3 hours
> text my manager should we close early and she says 9:30. We close at 10:00
>finish all the stuff u have to do
>clock hit 9:30 turn open sign off and the rest of the lights
>lady pulls up at 9:40 trying to open the door
> I point to my watch to shows were close
>no fucking clue what I'm saying
>unlock the door tell her nicely that we've closed early because its not busy
>old bitch does not take no for an answer
>"well the sign says you close at ten so your still open"
>explain to her again that we've closed early. I've already put up all the veggies in the cooler so its done.
>"can I still come inside for some sandwiches"
>AGAIN explain that were closed
>" does the office know you're doing this"
> yes my manager said close early
>she asks a couple more times to.come in but I have to tell her no
>literally the most hard headed bitch of 2016
>closed means were fucking closed stop trying to bullshit me and go fill up on other fast food at 10pm u fat bitch

Alright cool.

>Large metro FD/EMS
>Working a summer night shift
>Get a call concerning a fire in a residential wooded area
>Suit up and get rolling
>Arive at area and see enormous flames rising above a house
>Ohshit.jpg
>Get the wattah nigguh
>Move around back to get eyes on the situation
>Bunch of nekked people running around
>What
>Look at the fire
>There's a visage of a man in the fire, everyone's running about
>What the fuck is happening
>Put out the fire since, Jesus Christ, you can't have a two story fire
>Turns out hippies wanted to reenact burning man so they built a thatch man
>Neighbors saw it being built but thought nothing of it
>Saw them build the fire but thought nothing of it
>We're INVITED TO THE BURNING MAN, but thought nothing of it.
>Treat three for smoke inhalation and two for burns

>Work at a deli
>Constantly get customers who want meat so thin that barely any meat is coming from the slice
>One customer comes in
>"I want three pounds of bologna shaved"
>dafuq
>I spend about 10 minutes of working the slicer back and forth trying to get three pounds
>"Now I'll take 2 pounds of mesquite turkey shaved"
Fuck those assholes, also fuck old assholes who take 20 minutes deciding on what potato salad to get. You'd think old people would have quick decisions since they must think at any moment they'll die.

>24

You can multiply by two. Good job.

so utterly lacking in entertainment or comedic value
why do you tell tehse stories?
are you a fucking woman?

Kek

Im that customer that orders 5lbs of sliced ham and other cold cuts then leaves it on a random shelf to warm up.
Fuck the system, I'm hardcore.

The thread wasn't created for you, faggot

Quick question, my key starts my car and can unlock the doors, but won't turn to lock them anymore, so I have to use the remote or hit the door lock before closing the door. Is that going to need a whole new key to fix?

What make/model?

I used to do credit card sales in the mall at a major appliance store
$5 bucks an application, approved or not
I know the struggle Sup Forumsro

anyways
you'd figure that dumb bitch store clerk would GET THE FUCKING HINT with the first 8 or 9 transactions not being approved. The guy obviously isn't getting approved.. Jesus.

int i, j;
i = i++ + i++;
j = ++j + ++j;
what are the values of i and j?

04 nissan altima

Another.

>Out doing entry drills
>City owns a plot with building where we have controlled burns and practice entry and cuts, structurals, ect
>Simulate entry to building
>Supervising the new guys
>They go in, come out a few minutes later with guys on them
>Lol wat
>Without missing a beat EMS team rolls in and checks for simulates injury
>No wait
>We didn't plan this
>Guys are faking injuries and doing a really good job at it
>Treating lost limbs, crushing, smoke inhalation, ect
>The fuck is happening
>Chief is just scratching his head
>Fucking homeless people sleeping in the city training plot
>Fucking new guys see them and decide to make them part of the exercise, homeless dudes play along

Cool guys, two of them work as simulators for the city now.

That's hilarious, but imagine it from the customers point of view, you want a delicious turkey sandwich on Italian Herbs and Cheese, and the faggot at the door won't let you in because they closed early, even though the posted time is different.

>restaurant closes at a certain time
>dead the entire fucking day
>last 30 minutes of being open
>cleaning/putting stuff away
>massive fucking rush
>cars that are backed up to the point where you have to stay open past the time you were suppose to close because they had been waiting in line for 20 minutes.

Most likely a worn key. Any decent licksmith should be able to replace the key using the chip out of your old key for like $50 or less. Sometimes the lock needs a service too but most likely just the key.

Checked.

thats awesome

>two of them work as simulators for the city now.

They were probably crack heads too
Love hearing they now have solid employment

unexpected turn

thats a hell of a way to get a job. good thing it wasn't "spray the place with gas and light it up" day.

>licksmith

Inconsequential

I understand their viewpoint but i have such a burning hatred for customer that I literally cant care what they think. All i want to do is go home and sleep but some fat bitch is keeping me away from that

I flip my shit if places close early. If you put it on your window you are obliged to stay open until that time. I never close early. Even when I'm the manager and it's been dead all day. People plan their days based around the hours of the shops they have to visit and if you close early you fuck up their day.

Here's a good one about shamoo in the hoverround
>be me working concessions at movie theater
>it's shit but it pays
>one day it's steady pace of customers
>all of a sudden I turn around and there sits shamoo and her little nigs
>it was a humongous woman on a hoverround with three little niggers running next to her
>like the solar system but on welfare
>this dumb bitch keeps asking me if we have real butter
>tell her fucking numerous times its canola oil
>McDonald's has coated her brain to the point of no return
>my co worker tells me to say it's just butter to shut the dumb fuck up
> before I can say anything she looks me dead in the eye and says these exact words "hi I'm not retarded but at my regular theater we use real butter and it costs extra you dumbass"
>literally almost lost my job because I was ready to tell her that at least i can walk to her normal theater and to give her niglets back to Africa

Wake up at 4 in the morning to help unload trucks.

Walking to the dairy aisle noticed somebody had left some items on The cheese Shelf

Walk over there look at the items apparently someone had gathered all the materials to build a cake from scratch and had decided that they did not want to make a cake and left all the materials for somebody else to clean up.

People are f****** retarded

Kek.

Just noticed that voice to text sensors curse words.

If its a sales job, a lot of times your managers are the ones making you pull shit like this just to get it approved. Their higher ups ass rape them if they don't see numbers. Just saying its not really the bottom level guys. They just work as ordered.

>Not helping a nigga out and getting him some chicken sandwiches

If it was like 4:10 sure

But come on dude, 60 fucking seconds over and you can't just make his order. Its not like you fucking shut everything off and threw away all the fucking equipment to make their food

Keked

Most clerks are fine, but there's a lot of stores and a lot of employees.

There's stores all over US and Canada, it only takes one store to hire one dumb bitch to start ruining people's credit scores. If you apply for a mortgage, just try and explain to the bank how 9 applications in the same day "wasn't your fault, it was the clerk doing it over and over". They don't care, they'll refuse your mortgage. Have fun renting apartments forever. And good luck buying a new car too.

That's a hell of a way to land a job with full benefits.

Lol hello lost brother, seems like your mother is exactly like mine.
Also bumpin for mire stories!

>on the Ambulance
>Picking up injuries and shit
>Get a call to a local Methodist Church
>Overweight African American female rendered immobile
>thinking hear attack, stroke, standard medical fanfare
>Church is having a dance night
>How depressing, I really hope I don't have to tell some kid Grammy died
>Walk in, big crowd of standing around middle of dance floor
>56 year old woman, overweight and as stereotypical as you could want laying there screaming about Jesus
>Ma'am I'm user with the Sup Forums fire department and I'm here to help, can you tell me where we are
>Positive response
>Can you tell me your name
>Positive response
>What happened ma'am, where's the pain?
>Lawdy I was twerkin with ma granddawta and It just hurt all over my back lawdy i see Jesus imma commin
>Fuckin
>Wat
>Load her onto a great and transport her to area hospital
>Broken hip, slipped disk, pulled muscles
>Twerking with her grand daughter at a church dance day
>Rachet.

My city has a pretty high population of clean homeless people actually

The drug problem here never quite got a chance to explode in the mid 2000s with the sudden influx for whatever reason.

I mean, they probably were given that they were actually put in because they were able to so well simulate common emergency issues (overdose, MCEs, other narcotic use relates emergencies), but still.

American, but I would love if a worker called me "mate" or something equally chummy. I mean, it's a fucking grocery store, get over yourself.

I've worked at Taco Bell for almost five years (in school, trying to GTFO soon), so I've had more than my share of shittastic customers. My biggest pet peeve is when I'm working the front counter and tell the customer their total and they just put their card/cash on the counter instead of in my goddamn hand. I usually give them back their change/card in the same manner, while smiling and being otherwise polite, and tbqh am delighted if they seem annoyed by it.

>work at clothing store
>I'm the only male associate in a store full of women
>it was my job to clean out the changing room every an hour, on the hour
>walk into changing rooms by women's section
>door to the big stall is wide fucking open
>walk in like I do, to collect any tags people rip off, or any unwanted clothes people leave behind
>I actually walked in on shirtless braless old mexican lady who was trying on different bras
>she looked at me with pure terror in her eyes, like I was about to throw her down to the floor and rape her
>I didn't say a word, I took one peek at her saggy tits and booked it
>I ran right to my manager and said "I'm going on a break"
>ran into the employee breakroom and hid for 15 minutes.

Cool! But unrelated.

dont be a faggot, every one agreed he can post them

actually we do put everything away and shut things off. we start preping the breakfast at least an hour to 30 minutes in advance.
we start putting away the lunch stuff in order to make room for the breakfast stuff

>Do you know how long it takes to bake a McGriddle bun?

12 minutes.
I need to have that shit ready for the morning rush.

>like the solar system but on welfare

heh.

Is it actually mad manners to hand money on the counter? Had no idea.

Fuck you. Get your own fucking cardboard.
-maintenance

Yeah so what do you do when people come at 3:59 fuck nut?

Stall them like a nigger so you don't have to serve them food?

Get real dude.

Actually, in Canada anyway, when the menu changes from dinner to breakfast and vice versa they have to put a bunch of acid on the grill to sanitize it and then a neutralizing agent, and then a few water rinses. So if they'd already thrown that shit on, dude was doomed to never get his sandwich.

Did you get mad? I'm very sorry, sir. It won't happen again. I wouldn't want you to get mad. Are you feeling better now?

>fuck nut
back to the trailer park

I tell them that we only have breakfast items available at the moment. I feel no remorse for people who try and order lunch items at 3:59 AM. I serve them food regardless.

Forgot pic

mysides.jpg

What if they come in at 4:00? Do you serve both?

Nobody can answer this because you didn't initialize your variables, you stupid fucking cock-polyp.

that's honestly a dick move.

me too but was my dad. He had an obsession with mistreating service workers. Made me wanna be really nice to them all

Another

>96 y/o male
>Hear rate low
>BP low
>Low lucidity
>Transport to regional ASAP
>This is looking like the end
>No way to go, surrounded by guys who don't know a damn thing about you
>He looks at me
>Hey Joe?
>Not Joe
>Yeah, what is it?
>Remember when we said we'd go to the Caribbean when we got home?
>Yeah, yeah I do
>I don't think I'm gonna make it home.
>No, you'll make it home man. We're gonna get some pretty girls and were gonna have a good time
>It's those damn gooks Joe, they got me
>I gotcha man, I gotcha
>He starts to sing
>Deep baratone singing, something right out of a 50s jazz club
>Passes slowly on us
>Deliver him to hospital and wait for family
>Did your dad know someone named Joe?
>Dad served in Korea
>Dad's best friend died in Chosin
>Dad's best friend was Joe
>Dad opened a jazz club named Joes in Miami in 1956
>Dad was a Jazz singer
>Dad married a singer in 1959
>Dad had 6 kids, dad had 21 grandkids, dad lived a happy, healthy life and raised every one of his kids and grandkids to be respectful, upstanding citizens
>Dad was a god damn American hero, is what Dad was
>Dad died without family by his side only because Dad was an active man and went to the gas station to get milk, and that was when it was his time to go
>In glad I got to be there when Dad left them. He was a good man.

I start telling people breakfast only like 10 minutes before we officially switch at 4. do you know why? because I can't have my kitchen dropping nuggets or making big macs when they're supposed to have breakfast ready in 10 minutes.

Don't like it, don't be the faggot who tries to squeeze in one last lunch order at 4 AM,

Damn, Canada takes their shit seriously. We just have these gross scrubbers that we are suppose to use every two hours to help remove the grease on the grill, but we only use it like two or three times a day because it's such a fucking hassle.

Not him but, depending on the language, they either initialize to zero or it throws an error. So we must assume that it is a language that initializes to zero, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Sp-OyFuCsIZdJ0VGaKZpXFLUcmPp6rTIp-LIe5rh52E/edit?pref=2&pli=1#