Did he do the right thing?

Did he do the right thing?

>leaving an under-qualified drunkard in charge of the biggest pouring of the company's history

No.

I don't remember how it ended. Did the concrete end up being tight enough?

He was able to get the road closures agreed out of office hours, ensured it was the right grade of concrete being delivered and even get a polish road crew to dig in the rebars. So he overcame the obstacles to a successful pour, it's not confirmed if the pour went OK, but from his point of view he discharged his duty honourably.

No. He should have told his wife the instant he found out the other woman was pregnant. But of course, he shouldn't have drunkenly barebacked the other woman in the first place. We're shown a man in a car trying to do "the right thing" based on his own personal code of honour but the truth is it wasn't just one mistake he was dealing with the consequences of, he was in fact at the end of a long road of bad and morally wrong decisions.

yes he did .

Maybe it's because I've never had a girlfriend or any women interested in me, but I don't understand cheating at all. I think he's an asshole just for that.

Have you ever been drunk?

I've drunk enough that it I couldn't walk straight, and one time I had to puke in some bushes. But I've never felt like I wasn't responsible for my own actions.

No. The women had already told him she'll take care of the baby on her own and doesn't want him involved. Ruining your life, destroying your family and killing your career for some sentimental bullshit is the worst, most retarded and most selfish thing you could ever do. Mature people lie when it's in every one's best interest to do so.

>wasn't responsible for my own actions
isn't as simple as that desu
Note that I don't judge the wife if she decided to brake up with him. Logic can't fix trust.

This is very sad, please don't post things like this

Any more movies in real time like this?

>Boss fired him after 19 years of loyal service
>Wife literally leaves him in a few hours after being told about a 1 night stand

If the movie showed anything it's how no one in his life gave a shit about him. They were literally feeding off his talent and success. He should move to another country and start again.

we're all real human beans

to be fair it wasn't the one night stand that prompted her decision, it was him asking his son to fish his address book out of his jacket pocket. This demonstrated to her that he valued his job more than his marriage. In fact, it wasn't his job he was worried about, it was his own personal sense of duty, but whatever it was, their marriage came 2nd and she realised she didn't want it to carry on.

>isn't as simple as that desu

Yes it is. At no point are you not responsible for your own actions. The one exception is you being unwittingly drugged by someone else.

*9 years

I hope you're memeing because this is repeated several times

this was such a pleb movie

nope, you sometimes don't have the strength to always do the right thing. The pressure and the subsequent relief after it was over, or whatever it was that lead to him cheating and banging this other woman (maybe also the pressure of always doing the right thing, pressure at home) was a result of a life lived in a certain way. Perfection is impossible, you just should live your life in a way that the mistakes you make have as meaningless consequences as possible. Anyways, i'm out, empathy, practice empathy my man. I felt bad for Locke, I felt bad for his wife, and it is bad, but you know, that's life. Good movie.

None of this is an excuse. I'm not saying I expect people to never screw up, I'm saying people are to be always held accountable for their missteps. I'm saying this as someone who's been on both sides of infidelity. I understand what might drive one to do such a thing, but regardless of circumstances, the blame is to be placed solely on the person committing the act, mistakenly or not.