Black Metal

Someone actually made a NBBMD thread, but I haven't seen a BM thread in a while.
Here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-s8cEobjN80
youtube.com/watch?v=0i9G7M64a8w
youtube.com/watch?v=6YedXRq3Pbo
youtube.com/watch?v=DvrSnmSDHQY
youtube.com/watch?v=WTNT8Z41u2o
youtube.com/watch?v=w6jmGHnQlso
youtube.com/watch?v=L_Ckwt6CdN8
youtube.com/watch?v=T_-HUfxwi8M
youtube.com/watch?v=WJhu9QFiTyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw it finally snowed last night but it's too icy to do anything outside
>can't listen to bm while walking in the snow

Nice, I was gonna make a /blackmetal/ thread tonight as well.

What are you listening to tonight? How's your Thursday?

>listening
Mütiilation - Remains of A Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
>day
It's supposed to snow more tonight, so I'm going to get comfy and listen to lots of black metal. But my friends and this girl I'm really into haven't really been talking to me too much, so that's a bummer. Although I guess isolation is kvlt.

more liek this plz

Remember that the darkest day of the year is the 21st

What does /nbbm/ think of this album?

Ya but then it gets brighter and brighter :(

is there a /blackmetal/ chart for icy cold lo-fi stuff?

if not i'd love some recs

There actually is, and it's one of the best black metal charts I've seen. I don't have it saved though, so here are some recs:

Paysage d'Hiver - Kerker
Sorcier Des Glaces - Snowland
I Shalt Become - Wanderings
Sapthuran - To the Edge of Land
Vinterriket - A Retrospektive
Shade - Isa

It's awesome actually. Unlike most atmoshit. How is Saor even black metal?

How can you consider Wolves in the Throne Room black metal, but not Saor? Both are just atmospheric black metal.

Do you guys Iike Istapp

What is your favourite album from this list? I'll listen to it tomorrow.

I want to get started in black metal because I really like the aesthetic aspect of it. What are some bands to do so?

>I really like the aesthetic aspect of it

That's not enough to really get into it. Do you listen to any other heavy music or ambient?

Start either with Bathory or the Norwegian 2nd wave scene in the 90's. Essential albums are:

Bathory - s/t
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse

Most of these albums are separate sub genres of black metal, so depending on which ones you liked, you can dive deeper into artists similar to them.

Under A Funeral Moon is still one of the coldest albums I've ever heard.

Yes! I feel the same way. The opening sounds of the album give me chills every time. By far my favorite Darkthrone album.

I would be appreciative of recs along the lines of
youtube.com/watch?v=-s8cEobjN80
youtube.com/watch?v=0i9G7M64a8w
youtube.com/watch?v=6YedXRq3Pbo
youtube.com/watch?v=DvrSnmSDHQY
youtube.com/watch?v=WTNT8Z41u2o
youtube.com/watch?v=w6jmGHnQlso

I like repetitive and droney black metal, with minimal but interesting riffs. Not such a fan of loud, croaky vocals and blast beats.

Exercises in Futility by Mgla is what got me started in black metal so I would recommend that.

Are you alright bud? Those are some great songs/albums though, Screaming at Forgotten Fears is perfection.

>Trancelike Void - Unveiling the Silent Arms of Despair
youtube.com/watch?v=L_Ckwt6CdN8

>Forgotten Tomb - Springtime Depression
youtube.com/watch?v=T_-HUfxwi8M

>Striborg - Autumnal Melancholy
youtube.com/watch?v=WJhu9QFiTyk

just listen to all the entry level stuff like Filosofem, Bergtatt, A Blaze In The Northern Sky, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, Halmstad, Il était une forêt etc.

I'd also really recommend pic related. It will fuck you up.

Here's a slab of mostly rawer stuff.

Wow I love that first track. I've heard of Trancelike Void but I must have neglected to properly listen to them before. The riff starting at 4:50 sounds very reminiscent of Sneni by Trist.
I like that Striborg track too, it has a really chilling atmosphere.
Thanks bro.

Yeah I'm kind of okay; a troubled and beaten soul but things are going fairly smooth for me at the moment. I'm grateful just to be where I am.
Hope you're hanging in there too?

The Paysage one is probably the best on that list

>Wild, Wild Misery
that album is fucking great. i just luckily stumbled upon it looking through this year's dsbm on rym.

>being attracted to the inferior sex
leave the hall

Setherial - Nord fucking kills too. that opening track mane

Unveiling the Silent Arms of Despair is one of my favorite EP's of all time. Really depressing atmosphere. Striborg also has a discography worth going through if you like it. Embittered Darkness if my favorite album from him.

I'm hanging on for now, things aren't too bad so I can't complain too much.
Winterkalte is a black metal masterpiece, but Les Hivers de notre époque has a special place in my heart. Also if you like Burzum, check out that Evilfeast album.

Basically all DSBM.

Started listening to Graveland after that antifa bullshit, do they count?

Hi /BM/
i was wondering if anyone could rec me any BM that sounded instrumentally like Mayhem Era stuff but with more contemporary vocals (that is screaming and not growling)
thanks

I do, they're pretty good.

count as what? Graveland is definitely black metal. Immortal Pride is one of the best Polish black metal albums.

>BM that sounded instrumentally like Mayhem Era stuff
what do you mean by this?

Can anyone recommend any really oppressive / depressive stuff with howling distant style vocals