Protip: it's not 1/2

Protip: it's not 1/2

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=i have a medical disorder which prevents me from looking up what "Bayes Theorem" is
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the probability is fuck you.

the first one is heads already. does not affect the 2nd at all so 50/50

>the first one is heads

No, at least one. Learn how to fucking read

not true, they have to be both heads

50%, since one of the coins is glued to heads, the other is the only random factor.

Your options are Heads Heads, Tails Tails, Heads Tails and Tails Heads. Your chance of getting 2 heads is 1/4

Obs not smart enough to figure out simple math go back to high school faggot

You can't get Tails Tails cause one of the two at least is Heads.

I think the poster made their ability to read clear. Do you think that your question was read to them?

this isn't the monty hall thing. that bullshit requires that he always shows you the losing answer so you can eliminate it.

if you want it to be an answer other than 1/2, you asked the wrong question. it should be "what is the probability that the second one is also heads once you know the first one is".

Are you retarded? Op stated one coin is guaranteed to be heads. The other coin has a %50 percent chance to be heads or tails. It is 50/50.

This is not the Monty Hall problem. But you're close.

2/3

1/3. Since we can have heads heads, heads tails, tails tails, and tails heads, and we eliminate tails tails, we have three options only one of which is heads heads

This is literally so basic that people are confusing themselves.

(HH, HT, TH, TT) possible outcomes
(HH, HT, TH) is what you look at since TT has no heads so there's a 1/3 chance the outcome will be both heads you're welcome autismos

Finally! Good job anons

1/3

grade 12 data management feelsgoodman

Kek let's ask

let's ask your mother she swallow

1/3.
Since there are two coins and one must land heads. But it doesn't say which one.
So the the possible outcomes are heads heads, tails heads and heads tails.

75 percent

It's not 50% chance, it's 50% repeating chance.

It's that simple.

kill yourself

1/4.
2 heads: 1/4
2 tails: 1/4
1 heads, 1 tails: 1/2

1/3
Because tails/tails is ruled out, the only possibilities are:

Heads/heads, heads/tails, tails/heads

>2 coins
>2 tails
>At least one is heads

Give me a little of whatever you're smoking bro

HH
HT
TH
TT

Wrong. If the options are HH, HT, TT, TH, and you already got an H, then you can't get anything but HH and HT. TH is not an option, bc you already got an H as your first flip, you fucking autistic scum.

At least one is Heads, consider suicide fags

>you already got an H as your first flip
Where the fuck have you read this

Are you retarded? AT LEAST one of them is heads leaving us with 3 options.
1: head, tails
2. tails, head
3. head, head

So it is 1/3

There is not one specific of the two coins that is head 100%, it is either one.

hh, tt, ht, th are the 4 posible outcomes.
tt is rules out because one is heads.
3 remaining outcomes, 1 favorable, 1/3 chance

Learn higher thinking. "First one" does not imply the first chronological penny. He's simply naming them to be able to differentiate the two pennies. He could have said "Coin A" and "Coin B." or "Coin 1" and "Coin 2."

Instead, he chose "first coin" and "second coin"

Sure, the answer is still 1/3

It does not state you get head on your first flip, it sates that at least one of the coins does show head every single time you flip both.
Could be the first or the second so HT is as much of an option as TH and of course HH.

We can also eliminate any solution that merits the 1/3 answer, because we know one is already heads. It doesnt matter which fucking order. It's a 50% chance you autistic fucks.

Even if 1/2 looks like the obvious answer, it isn't right.
Probabilistically talking, the answer is 1/3

My asshole smells like goat cheese

That's Gr8

Do you not understand that if an event has 3 possible outcomes, all with the same possibility, and only one of them is what you want...the possibility is 1/3?

I lke Sup Forums for being a place so crowded with idiots that even I can feel intelligent

you must be a blast at parties

The outcomes are that a coin is heads while the other is tails, and a coin is heads while the other is also heads.

or that one coin falls into a wormhole which takes it into an alternate dimension that which means that it would land on tails. :^)

This is the correct answer

Must have forgotten to carry the two on that calculation

Thank you, at last someone got it

Are you that stupid?
We have coin A and coin B, at least one of them will show head every time we flip both of them.
Not a specific one, either A or B.

So there is 3 possible outcomes.

A:H B:T
A:T B:H
A:H B:H

The order does fucking matter for the ammount of possible results.

9/11??

>Protip: it's not 1/2
>it's not 1/2
>not

garaunteedreplies.avi

He said at least one one heads, not one was already heads/the first one was heads. The wording is very important as it implies the "break".

For example if we know the first one was heads we have HH, TT, HT, TH. But we can ignore HH and TH because we know they can not be correct. So in that case, it's 50%. But since the OP did not stipulate this, we can not remove TH from the list thus making the correct answer 33% chance.

Er TT and TH, obviously.

Here's another logical way of thinking about it: if we already know one is gonna be heads, why are we fucking flipping it? You guys are finding the worst correct answer, which in real life would be completely inefficient. Fuck whoever would flip two coins if he knows the outcome of one.

>He said at least one one heads, not one was already heads/the first one was heads. The wording is very important as it implies the "break".
Irrelevant. It doesn't matter which one turns out heads, only that one does.

But you do not know the outcome of one.
You know that one of them will show heads no matter what.
If you flip the first you wont know what it shows, it could be either heads or tails.

Now if the first coin shows heads you still don't know what the second will show.

Only if the first coin shows tails there is no need to flip the second coin since, following the rules, it will show heads no matter what.

There is nothing logical about your way of thinking.

2/3
or 6.66%

1/3, god, that took me longer than i care to admit

said the failing first year BA student to his teacher before applying at arbys

Not irrelevant.
You are looking at this too simple.
Yes, there are only two possible results,one coin showing head, the other coin showing tails, or both coins showing heads.

But there is 2 ways of getting one coin showing heads and one showing tails, but only 1 way of getting both heads.

So you will, in 2 of 3 cases, have one coin showing heads and the other one showing tails.

For you idiots that still don't get it, sit down and flip two coins a hundred times or so. Record each result. Then go through and cross out any that don't have at least one head. From the remaining results, about 1/3 of them should be heads.

If your to lazy, just consider the following thought experiment.
Flip two coins a thousand times and record the results. Assume the results are perfectly distributed.
250 are heads-tails
250 are tails-heads
250 are heads-heads
250 are tails-tails
Now op only wants to take into consideration says where at least one is heads. That means we should ignore all 250 tails-tails. This leaves us with
250 heads-tails
250 tails-heads
250 heads-heads

1/3 of these are heads-heads, what we want, ergo the odds are 1 in 3.

Nonsense. If I know that one coin is guarenteed to be heads, I wouldn't flip a second coin if I know the outcome of the first. If I flip the coin and it turns out to be heads... Alright, shit. I'll admit defeat on this one. GG. Fuck OP's wording though.

>You are looking at this too simple
No, you just think it's more complicated than it is.

1/3

Apply Bayes Theorem and stop arguing this bullshit for fucks sake.

depends in how you see it. If you see it as a sequence then you multiply the probabity if it being heads by itself for every subsequent flip.

.5 x .5 = .25 or 1/4
So the probability of it being heads is 50%, the probability if it being heads 2 times in a row is 25%. In a sequence, the probability of it not being heads goes up the more often you get heads in a row. Its why over a larger sample of flipped coins, there is a tendency for the average flips to reach an even distribution of 50/50 that reflects the probabilities of getting either a heads or tails.

If you see it simply as an individual flip then its .5 or 1/2

Its a weird concept. If you had 1000 people document a sample of 2 flips each, it is not likely that 50% would have gitten Heads/Heads. Most likely for 25% of people to get Heads/Heads. but when calculating subsequent fips you must take into account the probability that it wont be heads the following flip but you still use the probability of 50%.

so the probability that in 10 flips you get all heads is .5^(10

Best way to look at it: If you flip heads first, there's no way of knowing that head 2 is guarenteed. If you flips tails first, head 2 IS guarenteed. If you flip heads 1, you could also flip a heads 2. Seeing as there are three scenarios, chances are 1/3.

33.33%

It is not complicated at all, possible results, one desired result, each same probability, 1/3 is the answer.
It is fairly simple wich is why i don't understand how so many autistic fuckers don't get this.

After studying 2 semesters of statistics I have promised to kill the very next person to say Bayes Theorem.
So where do you live?

this. its always 50/50

mba business major here with 6 years in business and 4 as a statistician. This is high school level stats and you are indeed looking at it too simply. there is HH HT TH which is 3 options. HH is 1 of the 3..... 1/3 is the answer and you will never ever be able to change that you fucking kook.

3 possible results I wanted to say.

49/51

1/4 = 25%

lmgtfy.com/?q=i have a medical disorder which prevents me from looking up what "Bayes Theorem" is

If the coins are black, always 2/3

It matters very much. You have 4 choices to answer a question. It's not choice 1 or 2. If you pick randomly from choices 3 and 4, what are the odds that you will be correct? Hint: It's not 1/3.

nevermind, I just reread OP. Its a weird question, still think of it is whether or not the flips have been made or not. If both coins have already been flipped and you know one is heads, then the probability that the next is heads is 1/3. if the second coin has not been flipped then you can apply sequence statistics.

I'll put it another way because this seems hard for you. You have two lights. They change randomly from red to blue. One light is already blue. What are the odds of both lights being blue? Or, to rephrase, what are the odds of the next light also being blue?

That is why order matters.

A: a coin is heads
B: the other coin is heads

We are looking for:
P (B|A) (probability of B given A)
P (B|A) = P (A and B)/P (A)
P (A and B) = P (A)*P (B) = 0.5*0.5 = 0.25
P (A) = 0.5

0.25/0.5 = 0.5
Answer: 50% chance

Now burn you fags

2/3

25% nigger

sorry but that is wrong

both coind are flipped at the same time meaning there are 4 possible outcomes
TT, TH,HT, HH
we are told that at least one is heads (not that one coin was flipped and it was head) meaning the posible outcomes are
TH, HT, HH
so the probability of both being head is 1/3

This

1/4

75% you dumb fucking niggers

Since it says "atleast one is heads", that means you can just remove one of the coins, as you know it will count as heads, and then flip the other one. So it would be 50% again.

TH and HT is the same outcome

33.3% According to "at leats one is head" we hace 3 posibilities , which one is the neccesary, so 1/3 you faggots, night. (This is subjetive, the coin can be "nothing")

They're not the same

it isnt though,
coin A could be both heads or tails
coin B could be both heads or tails

A = T
B = H

is different from

B = H
A = T

as they are both probable out comes else if you are saying that all outcomes of flipping two coins are:

TT HH HT

when really 1 H and 1 T can happen twice (HT and TH) these still need to be considered.

I'm going to assume you are a troll - I'm praying for the sake of humanity that you are.

Yes they are.

head/tail head/head tail/head. 33.3...(3)%

Any single coin landing heads up is not a variable outcome. It's a given in the proposal.

The only variable is the coin that isn't heads. 50%.

Wow, you're so dumb.