Ask a professional poker player anything

ask a professional poker player anything

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10790987
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How much did you earn in total?

Best piece of advice you'd give to an amateur?

whats your tell

faggot

go to bed jeremy

s/earn/lose

which online room is not rng rigged?

Is it all based on skill? Can a beginner get really lucky?

So you do it for the 'cool'-factor?

i'm not actually sure since i've lost several databases, its somekinda six figures, not half a mill tho

study a lot, focus on math

my hands shake too much i think

i dont think any are, not much incentive for them to rig their games

yes. yes.

i do it for money

whats it like living when one bad beat could have sucking cock under a bridge to eat at any moment?

What's the biggest win you had this past year?

Hey OP, I came here by interest, also: if you are a pro, can you give me a puzzle response? not sure if Negreanu-level or not...

i wouldn't know, i don't play games that are too high for me

41k from a tournie

what do you mean a puzzle response?

Is it worth pursuing? Also, I don't know how to play poker help

Have you ever been in danger because you won a game and someone threatened you or similar?

>Makes ama thread without being asked
>Brags about making six figures
>I don't do it to look cool
>"i do it for money"

I just lost 23 buy-ins in a row in PLO and got my money in ahead literally every single time.

How do I keep from wanting to put a gun in my mouth?

Sounds like you're jealous user

i wouldn't advice anyone to start playing poker now, unless you just take it up as a hobby

no, i've seen one guy threaten to beat another guy up after losing a pot but nothing to me specifically

i simply answered a question. i don't think poker's made me "cool", especially as i tend to be really nerdy when talking about poker irl

plo is a bitch, you need to have really good brm, prob play with at least 200 buyins for your level. if you never want to go bust it should prob be closer to 400-500

whats the gto 3betting range on the button in a weak 6 handed game after a co open 100bb effective? nlhe. villain lag fish, 44/30/20

this is abc shit

not solved due to sb and bb being behind, also you shouldn't play gto vs a fish

>i dont think any are, not much incentive for them to rig their games

Not that guy but I've seen some pretty compelling evidence, taken from hand samples numbering in the millions, that tars and tilt (owned by the same company) while not rigged in anyone's favor, do seem to be rigged for action for the purpose of generating rake.

Boards just connect more often than they statistically should, especially with broadway cards.

Live $2/3 NL. I'm very confident in my post-flop play vs the entire table, and they are never going to 3b me light pre.. so I raise to $15 with 4s5s in early position. 3 players to a flop of 234hh, one check to me and I bet $25. Gambly/loose/Im-going-to-outplay-you Asian kid check-raises to $60 with about $420 behind. I raise to $170 total. He tanks for a long while and finally shoves. I'm obviously calling with great equity vs his range, but thats not the point. My question is... once he bets $60, any raise I make is basically going to pot-commit me regardless of his action. So should my raise be different, or does it basically not matter? Should I perhaps even be making a huge all-in shove over his original $60 to make it look like I have a flush draw and perhaps get paid off by middle pair type of hands? Or should be be raising less in order to invite him to shove with all of his draws? Kind of lost here as to what the optimal play is since nothing seems bad.

All In, any 2 obv

that doesn't make sense tho, they make more money by people playing more hands, not from people playing bigger hands. rigging big hands vs big hands would result in more players going bust faster and not playing more

also stars/tilt i would say is less likely to do that because they have more to lose if caught

ok. cash games getting tough these days, through the stakes imo

>that doesn't make sense tho

It does for MTTs. They get them over and done with faster and on to the next one.

to keep the funds moving in a circle rather than the standard upwards flow also creates more rake.
My holdem database shows statistical anomalies over 2 million hands.

if he has 420 behind after c/r to 60, you can still raise/fold some hands, whether or not you should have a 3bet range on this flop is another question. if you make him spazz more by making it 170 then do that

why would the site care how long an mtt lasts, seems kinda tinfoily

shows your graphs from holdemmanager or gtfo

Because once someone has bought in the site already has their rake. They want them out or the tourney over as soon as possible so they're more likely to buy into another.

>Live $2/3 NL. I'm very confident in my post-flop play vs the entire table, and they are never going to 3b me light pre.. so I raise to $15 with 4s5s in early position. 3 players to a flop of 234hh, one check to me and I bet $25. Gambly/loose/Im-going-to-outplay-you Asian kid check-raises to $60 with about $420 behind. I raise to $170 total. He tanks for a long while and finally shoves. I'm obviously calling with great equity vs his range,

You didnt even give stack sizes.. and why would believe you have a great equity against his all in range on the flop LOL

this is the right answer.
full tilt and poker stars got busted cus the feds realized they didn't have any intention on actually paying their players, they call it a pyramid scheme cuss all they were doing was running the top money in circles while just ripping every new player out.

they didn't had even a quarter of the money they should in their vaults cus they knew they didn't need it all they needed were new players making small deposits every now and then

>My holdem database shows statistical anomalies

Mine too but my sample size is too small so I'm reserving judgement.

why even raise the flop to 170 hes only calling if he has you beat unless hes known to be retarded.. yes you have equity against sets and 2p+ but youre almost never big favorite when the money goes all in.. get used to a high variance style of poker sir

I can raise/fold with 4s5s? Even if I raise to like $130 I feel like I'm basically committed if he shoves since his range has a huge amount of draws in it, and I feel like my oesd equity covers a good amount of the % of his range which includes hands that beat me. So should I just be looking to take the action best likely to get it in on this flop? I feel like this kid is so out of line in these type of boards that I basically have to pay him off if he has me beat, and hope that my draw covers me enough of the time to make this logic not awful. Idk, thoughts?

Is 888 legit?

Can I get a twenty in canadian loonies off you?

not 54s specifically. getting 54 in here is going to be bad vs most players tho

Agreed, but if I determine that hes basically the type of player whos going to look to shove with all of his flush draws and oesds, this feels like a mandatory snap-call when he shoves.

strawpoll.me/10790987

After four years getting a feel for stars I was able to call bad beats like clockwork. I decided to do an experiment and make plays based on how I thought the software was going to screw/reward me rather than trying to play gto. I immediately went from making 7bb/100 to 11 at 6 max NL.

just pokerstove your hand vs his check raising range on the flop and do that math

whats the highest hand you've had to show?
mine was quad queens.

Im calling bullshit, any poker player who is making a living keeps track of win/loss/earnings

the fuck?

what dont you understand faggot?