sucks he got hit but his reaction is hilarious

that graceful arch as he goes down is quite pretty

IGNORE THIS THREAD

SOLER MADE THIS THREAD EARLY

ignore it and wait for a new real thread in the old general

ABANDON THIS THREAD

Breaking the Canadian flag combo

fuck off fag

Are the Mariners ever going to the playoffs again? It's been 15 years and they have two wildcard teams now, but the Mariners have to leap frog several teams to get in.

Mariners have three players in their 30s signed to huge deals. They could go to the way of the Angels without many promising young talents. They will probably have to rebuild again in two years and wait another 5 years to make the playoffs.

>memeiners

nobody cared the first time

He just says what we're all thinking

baseball-reference.com/players/h/hernafe02-pitch.shtml#pitching_postseason

I didn't do shit.

However, DAVID ORTIZ is always doing big shit.

How come I didn't know about this shit?

>July 10, 2013

>San Francisco Giants pitcher Chad Gaudin has been charged with lewdness after police say he touched the breast of a woman on a gurney at a Las Vegas hospital

>Gaudin was drunk about 4:30 a.m. when he approached a 23-year-old woman on a gurney

>woman told police she was lying on a gurney in the emergency room lobby when Gaudin appeared, told her “she was gorgeous” and touched her face and breast

>witness heard Gaudin say, “I will take care of you, don’t worry about them,” to the woman and then saw him touch her face, leg and breast

>paramedic also saw the incident and told Gaudin to stay away from the woman, but he refused

>Hospital security held him down until police arrived

>“Gaudin was still yelling and using profanity,” when police arrived, the arresting officer wrote in his report

Anytime I think of players I hate, along with Kevin Gregg, Roberto Novoa, and Milton Bradley, Chad Gaudin is somewhere on that list.

>Source confirms: White Sox are promoting Carson Fulmer to the majors, and he will be activated tomorrow.

>mfw lewdness is an actual crime
if that roastie knew sports she would have let him cum inside her and then baby trap him

@jesseburkhart
Hearing rumor White Sox top prospect Carson Fulmer is getting the call to the majors as soon as tomorrow. Threw at team’s AZ complex today.

8:32 PM - 14 Jul 2016

>(You)
>Canada being this late

No one posted it

>create and link to new thread early because you're a faggot
>shitpost in old thread to reach the bump limit because you're a faggot
>re-link new thread because you're a faggot

Literally who cares. It's a good OP. Really exhibits NL "pitching" at its finest

Reminder that Johnny Cueto is absolutely unable to pitch under pressure

youtube.com/watch?v=TcLUw3_oN1g

Because no one even knows what team this pitching prospect will be playing for.

It's a spooky fucking mystery.

I don't get all this drama. Why don't we let threads go to like 525+ posts? They'll fucking survive until then. Are children this dramatic?

>being this new
it was discussed for a day or two on /mlb/

>red sox get pomeranz
>another huge name the A's have had in the last few years who is a stud who we traded

Because no one even knows what team this pitcher will be playing for.

It's a spooky fucking mystery.

It's the biggest reason they didn't re-sign him despite his breakout year. He fell off the map immediately.

I gotta tell you guys, I go on Reddit's sports boards for the shitposting (NBA, NHL, soccer and NFL). A lot of people on there watch the sport for the enjoyment of watching the sport

Then I go onto baseball's and they are all a bunch of autistic sabermetrics faggots, always talking about advanced stats, WAR, ERA+, etc. Like everything there is some obscure advanced metric-based argument.

Why does it seem like fans of the NBA, soccer, NFL and NHL are bros but baseball fans are always these blithering calculator autists?

reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/4svktl/getting_the_2016_braves_to_the_playoffs/

So is a Red Cux vs Giant(cucks) Worlds Eries confirmed?

You stupid cock sucking motherfucker, I don't even remember hearing the news about it. Ever. I fucking hate Chad Gaudin and would have been overjoyed at being exposed to the fact that that white trash motherfucker was indeed a white trash motherfucker.

A fucking leaf.

Interesting. I bet the Cardinals gave him a good look.

The gap between the "thinking-fan" and the "drinking-fan" in other sports isn't very large. You can be well learned or some drunk and still have the same opinion and agree.
In baseball it doesn't work that way

All baseball fans agree that David Ortiz is the greatest player to ever take the field

Oh, is this still going on?

Haven't been able to post much since the ASG.

>Pomeranz to Boston

why the fuck would you give them good pitching wtf i hate stupid teams

if you just fucking let them rot away with their current "pitching" then theyd waste all that young talent they have and rot into oblivion

YOURE ENABLING THEM YOU FAGS

Every HOF induction from here on out will have a vague fog of steroid suspicion hanging over it

Yes, I am implying

>david price
>world series

Yeah, but the Red Sox have David "Big Papi" Ortiz

Anyone have a non rival team they irrationally hate? I despise the Nationals since they moved from Montreal. Poor canucks..
The Nats seem so fake to me for some reason

That's largely Loria's fault, and it's fully justifiable to hate things he's involved with

All expansion and/or relocated teams feel that way. You just need to give them time to grow and then it eventually feels normal

The Rockies. They're just so worthless, and every player that they produce turns out to be shit when he leaves their shitty field.

Ocassional reminder that the only team in the NL West (and only team in California) not good enough to win a pennant in 27 years is the Los Angeles Dodgers.

At 31-58 (.348) on the season, the road to the playoffs for the Atlanta Braves is littered with obstacles. Some of these obstacles are tossed into the road by superior NL clubs, such as Washington, New York, Miami, Philadelphia, Chicago, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Arizona, San Diego, and Colorado. But other obstacles have been placed in the road by the Braves themselves, obstacles such as "being a shitty team," "not spending money," and "giving playing time to Adonis Garcia." FanGraphs pegs the Braves division odds at 0%, their wildcard odds at 0%, and their overall playoff odds at 0%. The sabermetrics site expects Atlanta's final record to be 61-101. In addition to all of that, the Braves are expected to sell their best players (Julio Teheran, Arodys Vizcaino, and Joe from downtown Atlanta) at the trade deadline.
Most people will dismiss the Braves' season here in July, saying that there is "no way" the Braves can contend. These people look at fancy sabermetric numbers such as wins and losses and form a quick, shallow opinion. But, the games are played on the field for a reason. All is not lost for Atlanta.
How many games do the Braves need to win to reach the playoffs?

We're going to start out by conceding the division. Let's look at that tantalizingly close wildcard spot.
In 2012, both AL wildcard teams won 93 games, and the NL wildcard teams won 94 and 88. In 2013, both AL wildcard teams won 92 games, and the NL wildcard teams won 94 and 90. In 2014, the two AL wildcard teams won 89 and 88 games, while their NL counterparts won 88 games each. In 2015, the AL wildcard teams won 87 and 88 games, while the NL wildcard teams won 98 and 97.

Braves would only need to go 59-14 (.808) to make the playoffs.
What would a 2016 Braves playoff team look like?

Assuming the Braves move Teheran, Vizcaino, and Nick Markakis for prospects, things will be pretty tight on this squad. The first step the Braves FO will take after the deadline is to ship Adonis "Creed" Garcia to Las Vegas to pursue his true career in the ring.
The roster will look like:

Infielders
Tyler Flowers
A.J. Pierzynski
Erick Aybar
Freddie Freeman
Gordon Beckham
Hunter Cervenka
Jace Peterson
Young Jeezy
Freddie Freeman's cousin

outfield
Jeff Francoeur
Ender Inciarte
Chief Noc-A-Homa
Pete Kozma

Starters
Matt Wisler
John Smoltz
Tyrell Jenkins
Mike Foltynewicz
Tom Glavine

Relievers
Chris Withrow
Ian Krol
Jim Johnson
Lucas Harrell
Hunter Cervenka
Mauricio Cabrera
Ashley Kimbrel

This roster would balance current talent (Freeman, Freeman's cousin) with veteran experience (Smoltz, Glavine, Kozma) and musical skills (Jay Wayne Jenkins). The team would have leadership, enthusiasm, and rhythm, a key factor that many teams ahead of the Braves in the standings lack.
jonathanpapelbonplayingkazoo.jpg

Dominating the schedule July through October

There are many ways for the Braves to reach the required 90 wins and a playoff spot, but I will present just one below. Feel free to imagine the numerous other paths the club could take to reach this achievement.
July 15-July 31, Summertime Happiness (ATL record: 14-2)

After the All Star break, things start off easily for the Atlanta Braves. The stumbling Rockies roll into town and right into Compound on Brady Avenue, where the team (specifically Nolan Arenado and Carlos Gonzalez) get properly smashed. The Braves sweep the series thanks to a forfeit, a rain delay, and a blistering two-hit performance by Pete Kozma. The Braves then head out to Cincinnati, where they beat up on the last-place Reds with the help of the Reds being terrible.
During the following four games at Coors Field, the Atlanta Braves power is at full potential as they muscle 1 home run in the series. Arenado and Gonzalez still have hangovers, and the Braves split the series 2-2. The road trip comes to an end in Minnesota, where the Twins offer to play a 2-game set of badminton instead of baseball, due to their recent misfortunes with the latter sport. On a coin toss, the Twins are awarded the side of the field with the sun in their eyes, and the Braves take both games easily.
Returning home, the Braves finish off the easy part of their schedule with a four-game walloping of the Phillies who are crashing hard for that #1 overall pick. Ashley Kimbrel, who has taken over the closer's role, allows only 6 earned runs in the series. Pierzynski and Freddie Freeman combine for several hits in the series, a few of which land in the outfield. Brian Snitker calls the showing, "The best offensive display I've seen since Sherman came through."
On August 1, the Braves fire Brian Snitker.

stop posting stupid reddit crap

reddit

it isn't funny

August 2- September 1, Brave New World (ATL record: 24-5)

Under the leadership of new manager Curt Schilling, the Braves begin a very difficult stretch of games against the Pittsburgh Pirates. The 49-year-old John Smoltz gets the team started off on the right foot with his best performance in seven years, a 10-hit masterpiece over 3 innings, which leads Atlanta to a Game One victory. After dropping the second game, the Braves take the series after being inspired by their manager, who is back to wearing his bloody sock.
The Braves then go to St. Louis, where they sweep the Cards in a series hereafter dubbed, the "Revenge of the Infield Fly" series. The team loses infielder Gordon Beckham to a high-fiving injury after a particularly scintillating Olympic synchronized swimming event.
Reeling from the loss of Beckham, the Braves are swept in four game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Schilling digs deep to inspire his crew, wearing his bloody sock, bloody wrist band, and bloody jock strap to every game. He invokes a revolutionary new strategy in his team's three-game match vs. Washington, which he calls "Moneyball 2.0: Poison Your Opponent's Best Players." In a matchup of the game's best managers, Schilling's Braves sweep the Nats and return home to play the Twins.
The Twins propose two games of volleyball, but fair no better than last time.

>girl sucking giants fan's dick
>not another guy

>fan

As the heat of the summer finally begins to wane, the Washington Nationals march into Atlanta looking for revenge. Schilling discovers a forgotten MLB bylaw that allows teams to switch out regulation baseballs with locally grown fruit. Playing under "peach rules," the Braves discover that OF Young Jeezy is particularly adapt at catching the fuzzy spheres in his mouth. Jeezy's oral skills lead the team passed the Nats in four thrilling 1-0 games.
The Braves end this portion of their schedule with a 7-game west coast road trip. The trip starts promisingly, as the Braves have no trouble manhandling the Diamondbacks. After honoring Arizona legend Curt Schilling before the game, the D'Backs decide to play courteously in the series, pitching underhanded and allowing the Braves to use a batting tee. With an 11-game winning streak in hand, the Braves travel to San Francisco to play the team with the best record in MLB.
Things start surprisingly poorly for Atlanta, which finds itself down 15-1 after two innings. Fortunately for the squad, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, campaigning in Georgia and hearing of the team's plight, intervenes. Calling for the country to follow her lead in "taking care of the disadvantaged and unfortunate," Clinton convinces Rob Manfred to award the Braves a three-game sweep.
Not to be outdone, Republican presidential candidate, Donald Trump, builds a wall around the visiting clubhouse at Turner Field. The visiting Padres, who slowly starve to death within the walls, are forced to forfeit the series.

September 2-October 2, Championship of Bust (Braves record 21-7)

Surging with momentum from their forfeit-victory streak, the re-energized Braves thrash the tanking Phillies in three games to begin the final stage of the 2016 schedule. With Bryce Harper, Daniel Murphy, Max Scherzer, and Mike Trout catching a Redskins pre-season game, the Braves sneak into the nation's capital and steal two out of three games.
With the weight of a long season and many innings pitched resting on them, the Braves bullpen begins to falter at the start of a 9-game homestand vs. NL East rivals. Schilling calls up Dansby Swanson and Ozzie Albies, transitioning them to the bullpen for reinforcement. The young arms help carry the load, and the Braves right the ship, going 5-4 on the series.
The playoffs are now in sight.
Back in New York for a 3-game series, Tom Glavine has some revenge against his former team, with a pinch-hit 2-run home run off of Bartolo Colon. After a series victory, the Braves travel to Miami, where Jace Peterson cements his MVP credentials with a 2-hit, 1-walk series performance. An up-and-in fastball by Jose Fernandez starts a bench-clearing brawl, but Adonis Garcia (in Miami for a titleweight bout) rejoins his old team on the field for the incident. While the Braves leave town with a 3-1 series win, Garcia is dragged off the field by security, placed in jail for the night, and misses his chance for the title.
With a packed stadium and Young Jeezy performing on the field, the Braves sweep the final 6 games of the season. Upon clinching the second wildcard spot by winning Game 162, a tearful catcher AJ Pierzysnki leaps into the arms of Ashley Kimbrel. The crowd goes wild. Jeezy gives the performance of his lifetime. Freeman smokes a joint on camera in the clubhouse. There is peace in the Middle East.

Please don't post this cringy shit ever again

Chief Noc-A-Homa playing the outfield haha could you imagine

How absurd

>jew york cuckees

lol good one

over the line

Fuck off, don't make us look like Whos faggots

Kill yourself faggot. Go back to Seattle Times comments section and fuck off for good.

Let the Mariners do their thing in peace. Less of you crybaby faggots the better.

All these different sources claiming either Morneau or Fulmer will be called up today after they removed Scottyc from the 40 man. Should be interesting. I'd hope it's Morneau as we've all had enough of Avi. either way though, it feels like it's a bit early for both still. I guess we are getting desperate.

Jason Coats down for Justin Morneau
Scott Carroll down for Carson Fulmer
Both to be at Anaheim tonight

Any angel fans here? How do you feel about Matt Shoemaker?

Anyone else here like Baseball?

>analslime
>fans

Yo

tfw baseball is back today

we made it, bros

Who are some players in your teams farm systems that, even if unrealistic, you want to see up someday?

Slade Heathcott
Matt Lollis

>all those nutjobs
>no "Jurassic Carl" Everett

Why is she sucking the lint out of his belly button?

>Loria
that asswipe should have been banned from baseball, he did much worse shit than Pete Rose ever did

>Tom Glavine still in Major League Baseball
>2016
nigger what?

Angel Perdomo. 6'6 lefty with a decent fastball and progressing secondary stuff. Ideally I'd love to see him in the rotation but his command might limit him to a late innings reliever. He also has some wicked K/9 ratios.

>over the line
but they aren't over the line right now

joe jimenez
shows tons of promise therefore it is entirely unlikely he gets called up until it's too late for this season

>Heathcott
Hasn't he already played in the majors? I swore I saw him relieve in a Sox-Yanks game or two.

Yeah he did. Destroyed the Rays for a game too. Had some injury problems if I recall and then eventually let go and found his way to the sox where he's currently doing well on the Knights.

How important is run differential in you opinion?

Like all stats, it's a good relative indicator too limited in its scope to provide a complete appreciation of a team's/player's performance.

Useful to judge past performance but too broad to be predictive of future success. Winning a lot of close games and losing a few blowouts confuses the whole thing, while not necessarily being indicative of a bad or purely lucky team.

so, /mlb/, the great debate

do you think traditional stats (BA, OPS, ERA, WHIP) or sabremetrics (WAR, VARS, etc) are a better indicator about a player?

>tfw your team doesn't play til fucking 10 PM and the only game on before 7 is rags and cusb

AL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> babby low-A league known as NL

kershaw is a post season choker

I'm a saber fag desu. I do value traditional stats but they can be misleading at times. FIP is a far better representation on how well a pitcher has performed. I also trust wRC+ to determine how good a hitter actually is because it's a combination of several hitting metrics.