Have you heard this mind blowing fan theory that James Bond isn't a person...

>have you heard this mind blowing fan theory that James Bond isn't a person, but rather a code name assigned to various agents?

Why is this considered a """"fan theory"""" instead of being accepted as canon?

How does it somehow make less sense than a man who has stayed roughly the age for over half a century whose face and even personality changes every decade or so? How does this make less sense than a world where technology and geopolitics advance and Bond's co-workers age and die while Bond remains the same age?

Yeah, there's that stuff about Bond's dead wife and the childhood home at Skyfall. Sure these are anomalies, but as far as I'm concerned the evidence in favor of the """"fan theory"""" far outweighs the evidence in favor of the "James Bond has always been one character" axiom.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2VnQtXihSR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fan theories are legit autism gone wrong.

I thought this was basically confirmed in the Craig bond movies

You're dumb

truth.
especially game theory and film theory

It's a dumb theory supported by people who never watched more than 3 bond movies.

Literally every bond after lazenby till Craig acknowledged his marriage in some way or form. Eon had no idea people would be that autistic about different bond actors

why does he always have the same personality?

I heard that james bond is actually in a coma and all the movies are just the things he dreams

>fan theory

go back to the imdb retard board

James Bond is one agent.
007 is the codename that can be passed on.

Sounds like an excuse for SJW shit

I heard that the MI6 is actually hell

>James Bond was actually dead the whole time and the movies were purgatory
Dang, man... mind blown...

Because Ian Flemming didn't anticipate so many films

Also who the fuck cares? There is no real importance for canon in Bond.

every bond movie takes place in a different universe unless it helps the plot that it doesnt

all references to past movies outside that are just for the audience

anyone who has trouble understanding this very basic fact about storytelling is a genuine autist

He's a time lord, that's why he changes appearance.

>Order a large pizza
>Friend says "Hey guys, you know this thing that people call a pizza? Well what if its really just an unwrapped calzone? See, it has all the ingredients of a calzone, i must be right"

Fan theories are autism. What the movie says, is. If you feel the need to add your own fanfiction after the credit, theres something wrong with you.

>Why is this considered a """"fan theory"""" instead of being accepted as canon?

Because we saw Skyfall

His face and personality change because they cast different actors in the same role. Doesn't seem that hard to grasp to me.

Is this the dumbest fan theory to ever gain as much dumb believers?

For every wink at an actor change in the pre-Craig movies, there's a lot more emphasizing that we're supposed to consider all the Bonds to be the same person.

yeah, after hours talked about it, and why it doesn't work either way.

People have been saying it because they are trying to get niggers to play james bond.

The Punisher is actually different people because it said he fought in Vietnam but some say he fought in the Gulf War so they are code named Frank Castle

nobody cares about capeshit

youtube.com/watch?v=2VnQtXihSR4

sorry

jesus christ brits are annoying

>implying skyfall is canon

>implying it wasn't

We'll have to see how they handle the next Bond film. Since they rebooted the whole series with Daniel Craig, this will be the first time this series gets a new Bond actor. They could very well write him in as a new man using the same codename and make this fan theory legit canon for the new series.

This guy's real accent sounds like the most stereotypical American-trying-to-fake-a-British-accent I've ever heard. His voice is a parody of itself.

>guy with guns is capeshit
I guess James Bond is capeshit too so no one cares about it

/thread

does her gravestone list 1969 still?

This
I hope OP noticed that he has autism and will feel bad about his mental condition and take his own life.

By turning the man James Bond into a code name, you are allowed to change the character into anything you want. James Bond would instantly go from being a British man's man, to being a liberal sjw woman or shitskin.

Doesn't make any sense at all. The name James Bond would become known as a British agent codename sooner or later, and become useless.

Opposite of that - graves at his childhood home showed his parents were named bond so it's his real ass name. Bad decision imo why not use the code name thing to erase the multiple actor plot hole but hey whatever

aside from the fact that he doesn't

Fuck off. No one expects 100% internal coherance in the Bond franchise. Not everything that appears on screen has to make complete logical sense and conform to some coherent 'cinematic universe'
Take this autistic crap to Reddit

british youtubers are the worst of the worst trash

I like to think it's a code name even though canonically it isn't. There's such a drastic difference between Connery and Moore's Bond's it really is as if the character is two different people.
Hell, I even like the fan theory that Sean Connery's character in The Rock was actually James Bond.

Connery through Moore are one bond, one story. Dalton and Brosnan are a reboot, but still the same Bond. Craig is another reboot.

That could be the collected grave of Sean, Roger, George, Timmy & Pierce. And also David Niven.

If you're going to include Niven you also have to add Sellers and Ursula Andrews and all the rest. Hell, I guess this fan theory even got made into a film.

I can buy the codename thing and it can be plausible

Lazenby's Bond was just a Bond who happened to get married, but then you have Connery in DAF so I dunno

Only way they could fuck this up is if they do it like in the end of The Dark Knight Rises