We post albums/songs that helped us in some form with our mental states or made it easier

We post albums/songs that helped us in some form with our mental states or made it easier.

The ending of this album the track "Rock'N'Roll Suicide" discouraged me heavilly from suicide, at least for a moment and made me see things from different perspectives.

"Oh no love! You're not alone!"
"Gimme your hands! Cause you're wonderful!" I pretty much cried.

Does any one else have moments like these?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7qMXBUjm8tM
youtube.com/watch?v=O2_F42A6cFs
youtube.com/watch?v=-aqY-8cMVdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well I've been suicifally depressed for the better part of a year now and that song made me smile, so thank you.

I always loved the ending of 3055 by Olafur Arnalds. When the drums kick in, it always gave me this incredibly life-affirming feeling.

>suicifally

Can't even spell it right. Better kill myself

I feel fucking retarded for this, but I found out about these guys back when Vessel came out and at the time I was really sick both physically and mentally and thought about killing myself all the time, so hearing these guys sing about on songs like migraine and car radio actually kind of let me connect to them and kinda feel good about myself, because if that guy made it feeling the same way i did then i could too. theyre live shows looked super cool and was actually something that looked different and kinda cool.

but then they released the piece of shit that was blurryface and i felt super betrayed because suddenly what i thought was sincerity suddenly felt like pandering to kids who just thought that being sad in high school counts as clinical depression (p.s. stressed out is about nostalgia, kids... the guy's singing about being in the same situation you're in now and youre wasting it by listening to his music and feeling bad for yourself).

that whole thing was just made to be a radio hit and you know what, Sup Forums?

It actually kinda hurt.

attention whoring. I guarantee you're at least one of these: teenagers, fake depression sufferers, women, or """ironic vaporwave twitter humorists"""

i bet you're one of those people that thinks they're beyond emotions and feelings

also having a hearty kek at this relevant captcha

>is actually diagnosed with clinical depression

ok

There is a cool story about RnR suicide on site songmeanings.com some guy wanted to commit suicide and this song came up. I want to believe it's true.

For me Five Years, RnR suicide, The End, On GP

eh most doctors will diagnose you with depression if you say you don't like getting out of bed in the morning. is still an asshole tho

i genuinely bad for anyone who can't enjoy some kind of music the way i enjoy streetlight

I FUCKING FORGOT ABOUT THIS ALBUM AND I DONT KNOW HOW! This album singlehandedly got me through the worst breakup of my life so far

Be Calm has probably helped a lot of people. I know it's helped me.

youtube.com/watch?v=7qMXBUjm8tM

>Oh be calm.
>Be calm.
>I know you feel like you are breaking down.
>I know that it gets so hard sometimes,
>Be calm.
>Take it from me, I've been there a thousand times.

I was depressed and shit, not on the really bad side or anything but it sucked. I was panicking about going on antidepressants cause I felt like I was overreacting so I lay in my bed under the covers and listened to this. Later that week I went to the doctor. Now I'm better after like a few months of meds.

Stress sounds like the audio representation of what it feels like to be stressed. Obviously intentional but it helps be unwind at work.

>Attention whoring on an anonymous website without a trip code.
Are you also one of those retard who don't believe that depression is an illness?

Anyway. Pic related. The anger and desperation shown in this album which depression brings is very relevant. Especially when the protagonist in the Becoming sings "It won't give up. It wants me dead, goddamm this voice inside of my head" and Mr. Self Destruct to me is depression personified

Another Trent's works that is very effective is "Various Methods of Escape"

When I was a depressed 17 year old this piece basically became the theme to my life. I listened to it endlessly, probably 100+ times and it never failed to give me chills. I honestly became obsessed, fantasising about how one day when I was finally happy I'd go see it performed live in concert and that would be the end of that dark period of my life.

I'm out of that period now and I've moved onto other music, though I do still have a special love for Shostakovich and especially this piece. My local symphony will be playing it in October next year so that dream of mine might actually come true. I'm feeling pretty good

>inb4 nice blog post faggot

John Lennon - "Mind Games". From the age of about 12, I began to suffer from a form of OCD, whereby I had these intrusive, apocalyptic thoughts that I'd molested/raped/bullied people I encountered in my daily life. I remember walking home from school at the age of about 13 or 14, absolutely fucking sick of it all and wanting it all to end, and this track, with the chorus "Looooooooove is the answer ... and you know that... for sure...", for that moment at least, made me feel like maybe I wasn't a bad person, and that maybe I could become better.

This is what you need. It will make you laugh at your ''depression'' and ''relationship issues''.

Future Islands- Balance, is feel good enough.

If you want to sink further and find solace and beauty in a fucked up state:
Earl-I don't like shit I don't go outside.
Joy Division- unknown pleasures
--------------------
I wish it would rain - Temptations is God tier for helping me when I'm sad.

This. On GP is a great song to help some people with depression

>Temptations
But the guy who wrote it killed himself, surely that makes it even sadder, I love the song too but it doesn't really "cheer me up"

The Stone Roses - This is the One
youtube.com/watch?v=-aqY-8cMVdg

slow build to a triumphant release
makes me feel like I can get up and do anything
the future is bright

What kind of suicidal depression goes away just by listening to pop rock? Holy shit man, everybody's SO depressed online.

Non clinical depression which feels awful for the sufferer regardless of how medically severe it is.

While I agree with you that a lot of people exaggerate their depression online and people like to say 'x stereotypical song about suicide saved my life' I do believe that music is an incredibly powerful emotional tool. I'd imagine that someone who feels alone and has no one to turn to might immerse themselves in music as a coping mechanism.

When did I say it went away? I specifically said that just for a moment it made me feel better. I also have been going to therapy.

>attention whoring
but they're anonymous

This is exactly to do it does not remove depression. It's just a coping mechanism and for me to relate to something. It also keeps me occupied when I can't bring myself to do anything

>Well I've been suicifally depressed for the better part of a year now and that song made me smile, so thank you.
I understand what you people mean but a post like this one just feels ridiculous to me. You're suicidally depressed but some stranger listening to Ziggy Stardust is cheering you up?

I would not say "cheer" It's more like a moment. Just a moment of reassurance until the feeling comes back again. I used to self harm for my head to feel clearer. Now I use music to achieve that feeling. Self harm is much more effective but music is much healthier