6 Alejandro Valverde Movistar +1:32
7 Tejay van Garderen BMC Racing +1:32
8 Fabio Aru Astana +1:54
9 Daniel Martin Etixx - Quick-Step +1:56
10 Joaquim Rodriguez Katyusha +2:11

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/assekevin/status/753720450551836673
mobile.twitter.com/Copedaleando/status/753879548715003904?s=09
cyclingnews.com/news/pandemonium-in-provence-tour-de-france-crowds-out-of-control-on-ventoux/
youtube.com/watch?v=RHGeb4k69AY
youtube.com/watch?v=1ATydbtwpf4
youtube.com/watch?v=A3ariGnY2v8
youtube.com/watch?v=oT2HdqA8d0A
youtube.com/watch?v=8SKbQkhgNoU
youtube.com/watch?v=Wnsnx2fbQtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a84vky0Obsw
youtube.com/watch?v=HBW1yRulVpw
youtube.com/watch?v=5iNTLmSmm0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=AshcHDVgOfs
youtube.com/watch?v=YH0FL-KRL8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=OKJyywOCfI8
youtube.com/watch?v=8tBULgdoLmM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i don't like cricket

sad day.

thoughts are with the french today.

>Quintana

twitter.com/assekevin/status/753720450551836673

Skelly cheats

>pinot

The likes of time trial world champion Vasil Kiryienka (11:49), Fabian Cancellara (12:09), Rohan Dennis (11:23), Tony Martin (14:09) and Tom Dumoulin (14:47) will be non-GC riders to watch early and will also provide crucial course information for their GC teammates who'll head out later.

Rodriguez departs at 16:12 CEST, skelly leaves at 16:39.

Bodnar provisional fastest time so far, Rohan Dennis is riding right now and has the fastest time at the summit of climb 1

cheeky

but then again you're not allowed to run up the road without a bike

and of course:

>pinot

Fucking Quintana

He's a cheating fuck too, who to support?

Bauke "The Moll" Mollema.
Picks himself up after the fall as quickly as possible, still gets ahead of cheating Qantana, gains time on him despite falling, loses time and doesn't bitch about it.

what is the purpose of Mavic support bicycles as opposed to just carrying dozens of spare Shimano, Sram and Campy wheels?

>and doesn't bitch about it
really?

>pinot
F

Clearly this man deserves to be in third place for his hard work, give him another bonus

reports in cycling news that a man dressed as a chicken threw himself in front of the motorcycle that impeded froome.

divine retribution or .....coincidence?

He mildly bitched about it on twitter right when he heard it but then showed respect for the decision in an interview shortly after.

any good spectator footage of yesterday's stage chaos? Also when does tv coverage begin?

if you Dutchfags really need to be salty, be salty about Froome cheating with his pissbreak

Cancellara in 5 minutes

The Chicken strikes again

>run without your bike
>don't get penalized

nice governing body you have there, roidpedal.

I honestly think the decision is fair but they need to always apply it across the board in similar situations. If Bauke was the only one that fell nothing would've happened and that's my only complaint.

If you know roughly how things are going to turn out (

how well will this stage suit cancellara?

will the climb at the beginning sap him of too much energy to win?

Nothing should happen, it's part of the race.

Did Eddy Merckx get a time bonus when he was punhced in the liver? No.

>cheating
he quite clearly asked the group if it was okay

No, he demanded that the peloton should wait for him, until he was done pissing.

and he made them watch

To supply comedy when nobody can clip into mavic 'cleats'.

this. Last year Van Avermaet was literally rammed off the road by motocunt during Clasica San Sebastian on his way to winning the damn thing, UCI did nothing and Yates won.

Nairobi cheating
mobile.twitter.com/Copedaleando/status/753879548715003904?s=09

will the riders wear black sorrow bands?

or is that too much drag against muh aerodynamics

a one day race is obviously completely different, as you know.

would gva have been happy to be given the same time as adam yates?

You're right, it's different. During a GT you have the opportunity to make up time the next day, in a one day race you don't.

>No >Pinot anymore
>tfw

Also

>pinot

And he made Quintana get off his bike and be his personal toilet

Kiriyenka slow as fuck at chrono 1, Dennis in hotseat now

so a moto takes Froome out on the final day into Paris, Froome loses the yellow jersey.

That would be okay? It's a stage race!

He should have build up more time during the 19 other stages, shit happens.

Why not forget the cycling news tier bitching over what happened yesterday? None of the riders have a problem with the resets, they've got a problem with the retarded drunk attention whores shitting up the race for the last few years.

cyclingnews.com/news/pandemonium-in-provence-tour-de-france-crowds-out-of-control-on-ventoux/

being so new to cycling that you don't realise that the rules are effectively guidelines affected by variables such as the status of the riders involved, the prominence of the spectacle surrounding the incident, how many lawyers your team has, plus vague notions about "the spirit of le tour"

Will there be a race today?
I'm felling pretty down about the whole truck thing yesterday ;_;

My deepest regrets, French bros...

The crowd grabs a rider, holds him captive until his rivals are 20 minutes up the road. All okay.

Being so deep into your countryman's ass that you think having vague rules is a good idea

he was being sarcastic

wtf I hate froome and sky

>countryman's ass

I'm scottish not kenyan or british

No you idiot, because I'm pretty sure the peloton would surely stop in that particular case.

>My deepest regrets, French bros...
This, there's not much more we can say. I'm glad this bike race carries on though, fuck these shitbags.

That's a two way street user.

>Have bad legs, purposely crash into motocunt and get the same time as your rivals.

There's no easy solution to this. Making the retarded crowd pay for a spot so they can use the money for barriers would be a good start.

tdf is on. but I feel we should have a "no bully the french" day on/tdf/ out of respect

And what if they don't?

>cancellara

Which is precisely why they have commissaries to judge the situation; no two instances are alike.

There was literally nothing they could do to make it right for GVA, or for Flecha + Hoogerland. There was something they could do to make it right for Adam Yates, and for Froome + Porte yesterday.

It's Bardet's year I feel it.
He climbed good for now.
He'll lose like two minutes today so they'll let him go in the next mountain stages

ASOS have to create a course that can allow a race. They totally failed to do that yesterday, not just for Froome but for Porte and Mollema, and even the failed goat boy who got caught up.

A two foot wide lane of morons and photo motos that stops any attacks, then just stops the race at the point we've been waiting for, for nine days, is a failed race. Time resets is the last of its problems.

ASO, not the fucking clothes retailer

No, he just follows, he can't attack

obligatory
>pinot

They do.

Cummings is on a good one.

>Pinot
;_;

Someone needs to make a thug life edit of this.

He's saving himself for the big climbs. its all part of his plan

Where's a list of the running order today?

the offical tdf website is rubbish

Simon gerrans has abandoned with a broken collar bone today

Sad, he's a top bro'

Oh I'm sure Froome is on the top of that "running" list ;)

Not enough is being said about how truly shit Quintana was yesterday. Not only was he dropped by Froome and Porte, but Mollema, and then by Aru, Bardet, Yates, Louis fucking Meintjes.

Danebro is ded, doing his work today:
Daily /OBE/ Backstage pass reminder:

Pre tour: youtube.com/watch?v=RHGeb4k69AY

Stage 1: youtube.com/watch?v=1ATydbtwpf4
Stage 2: youtube.com/watch?v=A3ariGnY2v8
Stage 3: youtube.com/watch?v=oT2HdqA8d0A
Stage 4: youtube.com/watch?v=8SKbQkhgNoU
Stage 5: youtube.com/watch?v=Wnsnx2fbQtQ
Stage 6: youtube.com/watch?v=a84vky0Obsw
Stage 7: youtube.com/watch?v=HBW1yRulVpw
Stage 8: youtube.com/watch?v=5iNTLmSmm0Q
Stage 9: youtube.com/watch?v=AshcHDVgOfs
Stage 10: youtube.com/watch?v=YH0FL-KRL8Q
Stage 11: youtube.com/watch?v=OKJyywOCfI8
Stage 12: youtube.com/watch?v=8tBULgdoLmM

Trying to enjoy the tour but can't stop thinking about the decline of the western world tbqh

He probably wont even get top 3. Hadn't seen that coming when the race started.

>ITT stage

Who cares. He'll smash everyone with his famous attacks in the 3rd week.

how was the bike ride today lads

he's in danger of losing minutes today if he's in that form again.

hope porte is on a good tt day.

i dont understand Quintana is so hyped? He literally never showed he can actually compete with froome. Sure he can ride behind him and stick to him (sometimes) on a climb but other than that: meh. I think the media hype him so much because they want to create a counter part to god froome.

He looked like shit. Burned out from the approach and the day before, or maybe he is just shit?

Well, he has won grand tours away from Froome.

But you're right in that the media needs to make people think that someone other than Froome can actually win otherwise it's the USPS days all over again.

I really hope he comes around and shows what he's capable so idiot's like you would eat your words. Seriously, you dumb brit tour watchers haven't seen how good he can be.

Terrorism is the norm now. Thank your local babyboomer.

When is the earliest TV coverage guys?

Is it really not until 13:00? Anons yesterday told me the reason why coverage doesn't start until late on normal stages is that the motorbikes have to come within range of the broadcast vehicle, but surely on a short TT stage they don't have this restriction?

That was slightly unrelated but fair enough.

I don't get this narrative either. Froome totally reked him in 2013 on the same climb, so badly the whole internet was screaming dope. So how le midget goat man of weak attacks was supposed to do something here I don't know.

14:08 here

>I really hope
ok

13h50 like any other day

that's one of the reasons. the main reason is the expense of having the plane in the sky.

first 4 hours today will be 99% of riders half-assing it around a tt course

enjoy these vids. thanks for posting.

why are Australian's bro-tier in OBE but relentless, amphetamine fuelled, shit-posting paedophiles on Sup Forums

Well he's been quite dominant in every age group, and in pro races that don't involve Chris Froome. It's natural to expect/hope he'd keep improving until his late 20s.

As yet his weaknesses haven't improved, and he is seemingly floundering a little. I wouldn't write him off yet.

@TrekSegafredo Unfortunately Edward Theuns was involved in a crash. He's being taken to the hospital now. We will keep you updated. #TDF2016

Fair enough, thanks user. Guess I'll have to tune in when it comes on.

I think Quintana looked strong last year, there were a couple of mountain stages where Froome looked really weak and his teammates had to drag him up

I seriously think the main difference is the teams. If Quintana had a team as organised and committed to helping him as Froome, and Froome had a team as shitty, disorganised, and mercenary as Movistar, then Quintana would probably win

the riders on twitter don't seem to appreciate nairo's little moto-tow

(and many others)

In a time trial? That would be crazy

>Cancellara on fourth place

wut

Oliveira takes the lead

Hilly stage, Fabian can't go up

Today's stage is going to tell us a lot about Quintana's ability to ever win this tour. I think he's about to lose a lot of time.

He's just too small to survive the long drags well and lacks acceleration power. Last year he had a chance, but I don't see it coming again.

Yeah, definitely

It's not just Froome that is great. The Sky Rape Train is just too strong. So many riders who'd probably make a good shot at top 10 if they didn't invest all their strength into supporting Chris.

Just look at how Poels for instance was pulling them up the Ventoux yesterday, and instantly responding to all of Movistar's shitty attacks.

Thank god they don't also have Porte anymore.

hes finished

Edward Theuns (Trek) kissed the ground while riding a bike and is in hospital.