Freddy's Revenge

Why is this considered one of the worst sequels when its actually one of the best, if not THE best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw
youtube.com/watch?v=2IQJw2W_HNo
youtube.com/watch?v=D0Cen2acWFc
youtube.com/watch?v=L03Lq6g4FYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's fucking atrocious, the only good scene is when Freddy rips out of his body like a suit.

I'd say it's the worst Nightmare film, but the 2010 remake exists

It's the worst film in a series of great movies. Normally people would say that makes it "not terrible" but I have to agree with It's fucking atrocious and should be skipped.

pls explain, user, the point of the thread is to understand why people hate it

homophobia

Freddy's Revenge is the second one, right? It's bad because it took the amazing idea of a guy killing people in their dreams and changed it into a slasher identity drama.

I see your point but I always saw it backwards. In the first movie, you have a dream killer because there's a trauma in the back of the people's minds; in the second one, you have a dream killer because you have a guy struggling with his homossexuality.

Because people take dumb movies too seriously.

Freddy's Revenge is fucking hilarious as hell with all the gay camp in it and the bird exploding and all the other dumb shit, plus the body horror shit in it is great.

Dream Warriors is the best Freddy. Prove me wrong. It's just so 80s in all the good ways.

The gay stuff is quaint, but I don't mind it that much.

I never notice it until I started looking for it.

It's the fact that Freddy doesn't kill kids in their dreams anymore. You could say it goes against canon, but there wasn't much of that back then (just one film), they winged it and went the wrong way with it. That pool scene was supposed to be the big scary massacre, but it's one of the most terrible scenes in the series because it rapes the entire idea of the nightmare on Elm street, and why Freddy is a terrifying, unique villain to begin with.

2 is still much better than the reboot though, that was worse than what I imagine having sex with lena Dunham would be like.

>parents used to hook two VHS players up to each other and make copies of movies we rented
>i used to love the hunchback of notre dame when it came out when I was 4
>parents ran out of blank tape
>used my brother's tape of Freddy's Revenge
>parents forgot to rewind the tape before making a copy
>mfw everytime I watched the hunchback I saw the first 5 minutes of this movie when the kids were trapped on the bus

I lol'd

I like dumb horror movies, even shitty remakes, but yeah objectively ANoES remake is a terrible film.

You're right.

That song is fucking amazing. The karate stuff is fucking amazing. That whole movie was great. I'm so glad I was alive in the eighties, it was a better time.

The idea of Freddy entering the real world is an insult to the original, part of whose brilliance was the fact that the main characters can't escape being attacked by the villain in their sleep. That said, I still find it one of the more enjoyable entries in the series.

Also, I remember seeing the poster from op's pic in my local video shop and it terrified me.

Isn't it generally considered the best? It's my personal favorite for sure.

I think the boys mostly just enjoyed the tits. Personally, I think the puppet on veiny strings scene is arguably the highlight of the entire series.

If you're talking about this part, yeah, deeply scares me.

That's the one!

youtube.com/watch?v=noLPhZvcBpw

>implying this can be replicated
I'm okay with the popularity of neo-80s esthetics in modern films, but it's just not the same.

>those stop-motion scenes with the Freddy marionette & skeleton
>the kids teaming up using their wish fulfillment fantasies to fight Freddy
>Nancy's death scene
>not to mention
Dream Warriors was fucking GOAT. The first may have arguably had the strongest cinematic merits, but DW is my personal favorite by far.

Its gay, literally

someone explain the gay meme to me. I saw no ball slapping fudge packing in the entire series.

To be fair, I always liked that. The whole movie built up to that, and I always felt that by possessing Jesse, Freddy kept his powers even in the real world.

Also, about the "creative deaths", there aren't as much in the 1st Nightmare anyways. So I really, really like Freddy in 2. He's more concealed in shadows, more pissed off, and I really like the imagery - the glove in the bus, the brain, the "you are all my children now" bit.

Also, the scene where Freddy bursts out of Jesse's body and stares at that freighten kid, unable to get out of his bedroom, while smiling and slowly walking towards him; and laughed at Jesse after it was all done through the mirror. That whole scene just makes Freddy a badass like he wasnt in the first movie.

just rewatch the movie looking for it, it's really blatant.

Which one? Didn't he molest little grills? I thought that's why he was killed.

no no no, not Freddy. Jesse, the protagonist of part 2, is gay. Freddy is a child murderer (implied molester) in the old movies, and a molester in the new one (in which he molested boys and girls)

Seriously, just watch the movie again. There is gay subtext in pretty much every scene. You literally can't miss it.

The gym coach scenes was a dead giveaway.

Which one is it, Freddy or Jesse?

It's pretty fucking ridiculous.
>Host a barbeque.
>Decide to go to bed at like 8:00 while the party is still going.
>Now that the adults are gone the kids crank the music up and get wild-- but the adults are still twenty feet away from the party

>Freddy starts massacring everyone at the party
>Freddy literally turns the swimming pool into boiling water and chucks people in
>one guy tries to negotiate with Freddy instead of just running away

>main character is about to do the deed with his girlfriend
>stop midway to go visit his shirtless guy friend who's currently sleeping in bed

>that whole scene where he's cleaning his room and dancing

I like Nightmare on Elm Street 2, but only because of how silly it is.

Check the following:

youtube.com/watch?v=2IQJw2W_HNo

I believe this clip comes from the Never Sleep Again documentary, which I thoroughly recommend to anybody.

>the Never Sleep Again documentary
Holy shit it is awesome, but like 4 hours long.

1, 3, and New Nightmare for me.

It's broken down into like half an hour on each movie. Really entertaining and informative. All of the key people are interviewed (except Arquette).

I'm not hard selling it, but I thought it was great.

Tfw my parents let watch nightmare on elm street series starting when i was 5. I literally thought everytime I went to sleep was going to be my last. This shit is nightmare fuel for children.

Tfw my dad let me watch Friday the 13th before going off to summer camp. Tfw when the cabins did not have bathrooms, instead there was one shared bathroom and shower building located deep in the woods, tfw I would wake up at night and was too scared to walk to the bathroom so I just pissed on the wall of the cabin.

I'm writing a thesis on slasher movies and its relations to post--60's pessimis. Any suggestions on reading material?

Post 60's were an era of optimism though.

followed by pessimism yeah

Have anymore recommendations for horror documentaries? For some reason these are captivating to me.

>watching documentary about the making of each Nightmare movie
>they get to NoES2
>they all talk about how they didn't realize how fucking gay the whole thing is
>Literally every single one of them says the didn't see the gay stuff in every part of the movie
>even this scene
was the 80's just that innocent?

Well one of thew writers says he intentionally alluded to adolescent men's fears about sexuality in a bunch of scenes, so at least one person working on it knew. And the actor was a homo too.

The others were just in denial I guess, or the 80's really were that innocent/into pretending gays didn't exist.

I watched it just last year, shortly before listening to the RLM guys talk about all the gay stuff, and I didn't pick up on anything. I did think the main actor looked like an effeminate twin but I figured that was just the 80's.

Crystal Lake Memories
Halloween: 25 Years of Terror

>that was worse than what I imagine having sex with lena Dunham would be like

u w0t m8

shes a fucking qt

>they all talk about how they didn't realize how fucking gay the whole thing is

Yeah, the whole thing seems overblown. You have a killer who tortured and killed children, this scene doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. Doesn't seem too homoerotic.

It's the scariest Freddy and the Christopher Young score is one of the best.

Only plebs hate it.

The opening sequence was GOAT.

really? this is my favorite sequel, the gay innuendos and shit are what makes it so funny
it was really balsy putting a sequel like that out
also this is arguably the darkest most menacing Freddie on film

Same

It's a shame we'll never get another proper Freddy Movie. Though I suppose FVJ was a fair ending to both series.

Best girl coming through.

Fine taste.

I don't remember which movie it was, but there was one where the teen was being seduced by the nurse, and he gets tied to the bed and dragged to hell. That shit was great.

The 80's was really androgynous. Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

That's 3.

This is usually seen as the best aside from the original and I definitely agree.

And I like the beginning of the fourth one since it follows up with the characters the third one but the second half goes down hill midway through.

Pretty Much 3 > 1 > New Nightmare > Jason v Freddy > 2 > 4 > 5 > 6 > remake

I love these, but I also really enjoy Dream Master. Aside from that one dumb kung-fu scene (which only exists because they ran out of money) it's a blast and has some of the best kills and Freddy one-liners in the series

>HOW'S THIS FOR A WET DREAM?
kek

holy shit

The soundtrack too!
youtube.com/watch?v=D0Cen2acWFc

>LEAVE CAPEKINO TO ME

It was definitely the most fun.

Best nightmare on elm street scene

youtube.com/watch?v=L03Lq6g4FYg

The remake is the one with Mara right? Why do people hate that so much?

That's because of a pre-Hellraiser Christopher Young

Just like my anime's.

I use to have this on display in my house. How weird is that?

which one was this again? 5 or 6?

no fun, no creativity, shitty freddy, jumpscare fest

which nightmare on elm street involves Freddy hosting a talkshow or some shit like that

again 3

ah i saw that one when I was really young with my dad and that is the only scene i remember with any clarity

1 = NN > 3 > 4 > FvJ > 5 > 6 >>> 2 >>> remake

Not the right series.

Not even the best girl in Part V.

Not nightmare on elm street but that actress's mom was in a nightmare movie

Yep. She was Kristin's mom in 3 and 4.

Get your shit taste out of here kid.

Get your taste shit out of here kid.

It's a stock standard modern horror movie, 'nuff said.
Also Freddy's face looks like fucking melted cheese in it.

I call them as I see them. And that's 4th place.

Also, nostalgia is odd thing. I saw 1, 2, and NN for years before I saw the other ones, so 2 always places high for my favorites. As far as quality goes, it's probably in the middle but still.

you're not wrong

t. patrician