Has anyone ever met up with their waifu through astral projection? Did it go well...

Has anyone ever met up with their waifu through astral projection? Did it go well? How fulfilling is that kind of relationship?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2015/05/26/harvard-neuroscientist-meditation-not-only-reduces-stress-it-literally-changes-your-brain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Huh now this is interesting, it was a very specific experience and here is someone asking about it, it did in fact happen to me but it was very weird and short, i definetely saw her but i cant remember too much about it

suicidal

good movie btw

nope

because, you see, astral projection isn't real - it's just whacked-out hippie bullshit left over from the seventies that has no objective basis in reality.

thats fucking stupid

Even though Robert Monroe proved he was conscious while sleeping using his eye movement experiment. Right. Nah you're actually just under researched.

I did. She sucked my dick, shit was so cash.

I've only done it once, I haven't been able to do it again out of fear. I didn't meet up with any waifus, but I definitely ran into a non-human entity.

Absolute bullshit. He proved nothing, the man is clearly deranged. I'm not under-researched, you're a gullible fool for believing impossible stuff based on the dubious posturings of self-serving egomaniacs.

Same here, i felt an overwhelming feeling of dread after i woke up, i vaguely recall meeting something eerie

I do believe that's called a scary dream.

If you experience it you will see why it is easy to differentiate between a dream and this, i was trying to have a lucid dream and ended up having an OBE

If your mind is open to nonsense, I guess it's easy to believe that a weird dream is definitely evidence of your super psychic powers dude

No super psychic powers here friend, it's just something that happens to us humans, if you could shed your skepticism for a second and actually tried it you would realize that

You can tell the difference

I'd try explaining it to you, but it's like trying to describe a sunset to a man who was born blind

This

Sauce ?

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

I double that

oh ok thx, I've already seen it, but wasn't sure about the graphics.

It's very rewarding since you get to fix your internal issues through a manifestation of a love affair

Go for it op, you will come out of it a different and better person

One catch, she can't be for the rest of your life, in fact talk to her about that first

Nope nope and nope. It's just your brain playing tricks on you. Why on earth do you think that science generally accepts that OBE, Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection are all nonsense, whereas hallucinations, delusions and plain old simple dreams are proven and accepted.

You're a fringe minority that won't apply critical thinking to your pet paranormal topics.

You probably also believe in ghosts and demons, and that aliens are visiting us in little spaceships. And illuminati, reptilians, moon landing hoax, FEMA camps.

Get a grip on reality.

Thanks for the advice, user.

it's more rewarding to stop pretending you can go special places in your sleep and just get on with life, meet a real girl, have an actual love affair.

>Nope nope and nope. It's just your brain playing tricks on you. Why on earth do you think that science generally accepts that OBE, Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection are all nonsense, whereas hallucinations, delusions and plain old simple dreams are proven and accepted.

Because science is a system of linear intelligence that gathers data from observation. It's slow and tedious, but necessary for grounding us in reality.

We have yet to, collectively, balance linear intelligence with intuitive intelligence.

>You're a fringe minority that won't apply critical thinking to your pet paranormal topics.

This is just an ad hom "you're a fringe minority, therefore, your claims are false"

If you were actually going to science, there are a number of things you could do.

1. Learn to meditate, there is no drawback here because there is objective evidence of the benefits of meditation

2. After you get good at meditation practice the visualizations necessary for astral projection

If you actually project, you can record your experience. AFTER you record your experience, find a book called "DMT: The Spirit Molecule." Read through the patient reports of the affects of DMT and compare said affects to your astral projection experience...but do not do this until AFTER you have successfully projected

Strassman has a hypothesis that humans produce endogenous DMT, there is no actual evidence of this yet.

>You probably also believe in ghosts and demons, and that aliens are visiting us in little spaceships. And illuminati, reptilians, moon landing hoax, FEMA camps.

Ghosts, sure, consciousness exists beyond the body. Aliens, yes, the question of them visiting Earth has no evidence.

The rest of everything else you stated also has no evidence to support it

>Get a grip on reality.

Ok, user

Of all the things you described, lucid dreaming and OBEs are the only ones i believe in, because i experienced them, i'm not going to try to convince you that they are real since i have nothing to prove its validity other than my personal experience, but it is something i believe in despite it not being accepted as a real thing in general

Sciencefag just got destroyed

That's a rather long-winded way of saying that you prefer to believe in your preferred un-proven, impossible-due-to-the-laws-of-physics explanation for what you think you experience rather than any of the many known possible causes.

Thinking that you have experienced something does not make it a real thing. Again, there are many known causes for the brain being fooled into thinking it's experiencing something that it is not.

"science doesn't know everything!"
and
"try it!"
are hardly destroying anything.

He believes in ghosts, so I basically can't take anything he says seriously.

user, but what i'm saying is just that, i don't necessarily think i experienced what is described as an OBE by articles and websites, i have no way of knowing if it is real or not, but i did experience something and even if it was not in fact an OBE, it still seemed like one and if it felt like one, it was real to me

sciencefags are some of the most stubborn people you'll ever talk to. they are destroying are civilization with their hardheaded jew science

My claim is not "science doesn't know everything," my claim is that science is *one* type if intelligence.

The scientific method is important, as I said, for keeping us rational and objective, but intuitive intelligence is also important.

They are two extremes that require balance.

It is perfectly reasonable to test a claim that cannot harm you for furthering understanding.

Dismissing a claim simply because they admitted to believing in something that you think is not real isn't rational, it is irrational.

The claim that astral projection is real, and ghosts are real--although related--are two separate claims

Believing that something is real in the face of overwhelming opposing evidence is known as delusion.

Nothing to be ashamed of, but that's what it is.

>are

Kind of like in the late 1800s when everyone thought human flight was impossible, thank the heavens for the delusional Wright brothers

If everyone thought like you, no progress would be possible. "Fringe" people are necessary.

If not believing any old bullshit that people just make up is stubborn, then fine, I'm stubborn.

No, you are trying to argue that there are some things science can't test (as creationists also do) ignoring the fact that people have seriously studied the things you're talking about for fucking years and found nothing to even suggest it's possible.

If one was to test every crackpot theory they came across they would waste a hell of a lot of time for no benefit.

Separate claims, but belief in ghosts is my benchmark for flagging people who are don't apply logical reasoning to ridiculous claims.

Oh yeah, it's exactly like that time when inventors used science to create new technology.

I doubt your claim that everyone thought it was impossible to create a machine that could lift and stay airborne (I assume you don't mean actual human flight, which is impossible).

How can you compare the invention of technology with new-age meta-physical delusions???

I'm baffled.

>No, you are trying to argue that there are some things science can't test (as creationists also do)

That isn't even close to my claim, go back and reread my posts. I am saying there are different ways of discovering knowledge, the scientific method is one way of doing that.

>ignoring the fact that people have seriously studied the things you're talking about for fucking years and found nothing to even suggest it's possible.

Would that be akin to the academics who dismissed human flight as impossible?

>If one was to test every crackpot theory they came across they would waste a hell of a lot of time for no benefit.

Mediation itself has objective benefits, so there would be no waste-of-time learning to meditate.

>Separate claims, but belief in ghosts is my benchmark for flagging people who don't apply logical reasoning to ridiculous claims.

So if I made a claim that is objectively true, you would ignore it because I stated I believe in ghosts?

The Earth is billions of years old

We have evidence for evolution via natural selection across multiple fields of science

A = A

Whoa, one of those people you flagged to be ignored can make demonstrably true claims

I'm comparing the attitude that people like you have now, to the attitude that academics had in the late 1800s

It is accepted that humans can fly now, but we are talking about it *after* the fact. It was generally accepted by scientists in the 1800s that human flight was impossible because of all that evidence of humans trying, and the erroneous belief that you would have to be lighter than air to actually fly.

It was "fringe, delusional, crazy people" who invented a machine capable of flight.

I wish you'd stop saying human flight. Humans can't fly.

The day Astral Projection is proved as a thing in repeatable verified tests, I'll accept it and change my mind. Quite a few other highly unlikely things would have to be proven first, like, you know a separate consciousness, so I'm not holding my breath.

What benefit would I get from meditation?

I didn't say you were incapable of reasonable claims.

I seriously doubt anyone sensible ever thought that only lighter than air things could fly. Did birds not fucking exist in the 1800s or something?

Anyway humans can't fly. We've invented machines that can lift and stay airborne via aerodynamics. Birds can fly.

>I wish you'd stop saying human flight. Humans can't fly.

Ok my pedantic user, human assisted flight

>The day Astral Projection is proved as a thing in repeatable verified tests, I'll accept it and change my mind. Quite a few other highly unlikely things would have to be proven first, like, you know a separate consciousness, so I'm not holding my breath.

Fair enough

>What benefit would I get from meditation?

washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2015/05/26/harvard-neuroscientist-meditation-not-only-reduces-stress-it-literally-changes-your-brain/

>I didn't say you were incapable of reasonable claims.

Thank you