ITT: Your favorite castle/forts from other countries

Italy- Rivalta Castle. Made in the 11th Century (I love how cute it is :D )

Haiti- Citadelle Laferrière. Made in the 19th Century by former Haitian slaves in their war with France.

Italy- Roseto Capo Spulic. I like how well it blends in with the mountain.

Italy- Pallotta Castle. I'd say it's more beautiful than practical.

Japan- Nagoya Castle. It's the most aesthetic castle so far imo. God bless the Nips.

Made in the 16th Century.

Ethiopia. Fasil Ghebbi. Built built by the Ethiopian Emperor Fasilides back when Ethiopia was a near world power and had power in the world.

Built in the 17th Century.

Slovakia- Spis Castle. Gives me a real Stonehenge feeling.

anybody still here?

Oh well.

India- Chittorgarh Fort. Second most aesthetic fort in the thread so far imo. Reminds of Rome for some reason.

Made in the 8th Century.

Syria- Allepo Fort. One of the oldest forts in the world.

I'm done for today. Hope this thread doesn't die.

yeah, carry on

Nice thread but i don't know any good castle, the only similar buildings that i could post are palaces

Predjama Castle, Slovenia

I'm just enjoying the pics, lad

I hope it's still in good shape, i can't find any recent pictures, it's beautiful though.

remnants of the castle close to my home.

Sweet.

Finland- Turku Castle.One of the oldest castles in Finland but imo one of the ugliest so far.

Made in the 13th century.

Looks like a porcupine.

It most likely isn't :(

>Finland- Turku Castle.One of the oldest castles in Finland but imo one of the ugliest so far.
At least we have castles. Funny thing, because we were the frontier for the Swedes, they built all their castles here and have no real ones of their own (fortresses don't count). This annoys my Swedish friend to no end.

prague castle is goat even if it doesnt seem like a castle and is full of chinese

>At least we have castles
So do we.

Australia- Sunshine Castle. I even think its bigger than yours

Constructed in 21st Century by two bored ozzies.

>Funny thing, because we were the frontier for the Swedes, they built all their castles here and have no real ones of their own (fortresses don't count). This annoys my Swedish friend to no end.
Literally none?

Like I said, fortresses, but those were built much later than the 'castle age', and for slightly different reasons.

Columbia- Tulum Fort. Probably the saddest one so far. An ancient Mayan Fort that was sturdy enough to survive and protect its people even after 70 years of the Spaniards occupying Mexico. But eventually Old World diseases did what the Iberian descendants couldn't and wiped most of them out.

Said to be instructed between the 13th and 15th Century. It was the last castle ever built by the Mayan civ and also the last one to house them.

What reasons?

* I meant Mexico

Fortresses are basically what castles evolved into after cannons became a thing. They're bigger, shaped differently and rather than having a lord and a few men-at-arms, they have a full military garrison. Basically a post-renaissance equivalent of an army base.

good and lurkable thread.

keep it up

India- Khangra Fort. Couldn't find out a lot about this apart from the fact that it's really, really fucking sturdy. Alexander the Great himself praised the architecture calling it "impregnable".

The Mughal Emperor Akbar himself couldn't conquer the fort. The second Mughal Emperor Jehangir sieged it in his fathers death, but even with the large technological advantage of having cannons it still took 14 months.

That being said Gurkha's managed to conquer the fort... but they're Gurkhas.

I can't find an exact date when it was made but it was before Alexander's time.

Oh that's cool. Do you know when did cannons become a thing in the world again?

The early adopters did it way back in the 1300s, but it was only in the mid-1500s that everybody and their mums was doing it.

Not a fan of castles desu.

keep it going, this thread is comfy

I'll be the unoriginal guy who posts the neuschwanstein castle, since no one did it yet

Lenzburg Schloss

Think a relative of habsburg lived in it

Poland- Tenczyn Castle. Once the most important and luxurious part of Poland it was ransacked by retarded Swedish invaders in search of the Polish royal jewels.
Even after capturing the castle and slaughtering all of its inhabitants they burned down the castle in manlet tier rage after not being able to find the jewels they invaded for.

Made in the fourteenth century and finished in the 16th. Leveled in the 18th.

Why?

Castle in Będzin, Poland

Small, but comfy cos its near my hometown.

Made in 14th century btw.

I was there a lot of times with my parents when I was child
Last time when I was there they said It's closed because of renovations or something
I don't know how it looks now I should go there It's not far from my hometown

> from other countries

Spain- Gormaz Castle. Built by the first Muslim conqueror of Spain. Basically a legacy of the Arabs short stay of around three/four centuries within Muslim Spain.

Built in the 8th century.

Niiiice. When was it made?

Good thread
Pic is a snow castle it has +10 fire defence and +10 magic defence

Hey I've been there before. Pretty cool moat too

Tekeshi's castle
It has never been conquered after many hundreds of failed attempts possibly the best castle of all

Nice, it reminds me of this italian one

I just love these eerie mountain castles

no one posted this yet, why?

so what if it's a fort? it's aesthetic as f

Dumb Spurdo. Sweden had a number of castles during the Middle Ages, but they were either torn down or modernized during the 1500-1700's. Like Kalmar, Visby, Malmöhus etc. Same thing happened in many other countries. That castle in Åbo that the bogan posted wouldn't have looked like that in the medieval period either, by the way.

>copying Vauban

The keep is the same, and it's much more original than Hämeenlinna, which got garrison'd by the Russians. For the real experience you have to go to Olavinlinna.

Star forts are generic and boring

That's all from me guys. I'm cbfed posting anymore.

kek

Yeah, Olavinlinna looks more like a medieval style castle.

Anyway, I nominate Coucy castle in France, one of the largest castles in Europe during the medieval period. Sadly got dynamited and blown up by the Germans during WW1. But here is a picture of a model.

>looks pretty ok
>realise the scale
Fuck me, what a loss

Fucking hell, I hate the Germs ...

wtf I hate Germany now

"I should go there"

Do it and take pics.

>ctrl+f
>no Heidelberg
?

I have yet to understand what where the rules of this fucking game.

this is why foreigners dominate you

Yeah, the main tower alone was supposed to have room for 1000 men during a siege. Bretty big.

Ace post!

Dunno. I visited a couple and they just seem like something i would've built with my mates to have snowball fights if we had gorilla strength. Star forts are god tier tho.

Japan- Shimabara Castle. The lord of the castle was a guy called Matsukura Shigemasa who got appointed there by the Shogun because he was ruthless against the suppression of Christianity Japan was trying to enter isolation mode then) with mass executions. Many mass hangings as well (as raisng tax massively) later there was a massive revolt called the 'Shimabara Rebellion, which was an army mostly composed of Christians.

There was never a chance for the rebellion to succeed as the Catholic's were outnumbered massively by the other Nips, but in the one-in-a-million chance that it did happen- Japan would be a Christian country today. Scary!

The castle was constructed in the early 17th century.

bump