The Best Guitar Solo

Give me one good reason why this isn't the best guitar solo ever recorded.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=99v6ifd7wjk

>inb4 comfortably numb minor pentatonic meme
(comfortably numb is good but AH is a far better player than Gilmour)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SD5engyVXe0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5AUm_xaE9A
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nHPCtgmtS68
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Ww_GhGAB0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao
youtu.be/TjE896B2QUE
rateyourmusic.com/list/warpigcat/allan_holdsworth___i_knew_that_he_plays_on_many_albums_but_look_here____/
youtu.be/k8t45eCC0zM
youtu.be/AeXSQl56no8
youtube.com/watch?v=vi7cuAjArRs&feature=youtu.be&t=297
youtu.be/k2wGj73hjTc
youtube.com/watch?v=9-XBBE8_Wy0
youtube.com/watch?v=GGO8g-njNpA
youtube.com/watch?v=3fAXl97-RFg
youtu.be/75CSs_ZW6Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=SU71tDrOjfs
youtube.com/watch?v=k0mRfECsHrc
youtube.com/watch?v=EeuvZOEOaGw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8scHKFwr0og
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YE933b67Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=o_HfyUpsx1o
youtube.com/watch?v=6GtbBmNEEWg
youtube.com/watch?v=rgXO4mVTa5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

was that supposed to be impressive? Or really anything above average at all?

>What is improvisation
>What is motif development
>What is navigating complex chord progressions.

My favourite guitar solo is the one in Hey Bulldog

Damn... a song hasn't really made me think this hard since Immortal Technique's Dance With the Devil

Oasis - live forever

Not bad, at least it has coherent idea development and repitition, unlike most bar band players who wank up and down blues scales not even thinking about what they're playing. Holdsworth has good motif development skills.

Yeah George Harrison was quite good in his prime. He was easily the best instrumentalist in The Beatles.

I haven't listenend to rap in a long time but this was good, a lot better than rap about fucking hoes and capping niggas etc.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SD5engyVXe0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5AUm_xaE9A
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nHPCtgmtS68
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Ww_GhGAB0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKn33-q4Ao

I'm not much of a solo guy, but these are some of my favourites

>Technical skill is what's most important in a guitar solo

Allan's just out of this world.
youtu.be/TjE896B2QUE
And the list of musicians he's collaborated with is just scary:
rateyourmusic.com/list/warpigcat/allan_holdsworth___i_knew_that_he_plays_on_many_albums_but_look_here____/

Here's another magnificent song:
youtu.be/k8t45eCC0zM

This is my favorite Holdsworth solo.

UK - In the Dead of Night
youtu.be/AeXSQl56no8

Solo at 3:05

Please refer to:
Not the fastest songs ever, but still beautiful and unique. There's not a single player that hears chords like he does.

this it is. skip to 4:57 for it

youtube.com/watch?v=vi7cuAjArRs&feature=youtu.be&t=297

Have some Fripp you dogs

youtu.be/k2wGj73hjTc

>shine on you crazy diamond
lots of good solos on all the shine on tracks, the sax especially

This is a religious experience, holy shit

Fripp is the most unique guitar player alive I'd say. No one I've heard sounds quite like him. Maybe it's because of his tuning?

Zappa's Inca Roads solos on YCDTOSA or on TBBYNH. Just stop looking

youtube.com/watch?v=9-XBBE8_Wy0
youtube.com/watch?v=GGO8g-njNpA
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3po6131Opko

Some of my favourites

BTW, Solo on Fat Old Sun starts at 3:16
Solo on Empty 2:45
Solo on Pigs on the Wing 1:20

Fat Old Sun is so damn comfy. Just like Green Is The Colour. God damn....

And it's not even difficult.

youtube.com/watch?v=3fAXl97-RFg

>Comfortably Numb
>Meme

He still doesn't understand that Have A Cigar is quietly the greatest solo I'm the entire Pink Floyd catalogue.

Strong contender for best rock song of the 90s right there.

Maybe

I don't really wanna know?

Best guitar solos? Check this out. But prepare yourself. I've spent a while researching the best guitar solos, your mind might be blown. Use caution.

Impact Fuze - Moscow
Jazz Kamikaze - the Siege
CAB - CAB
Buckethead - Jordan
Jason Becker - Altitudes
youtu.be/75CSs_ZW6Gw

To all y'all:
This guy gets it.

Isn't it amazing how you can play a whole 7 minute song and not say much of anything?

There's no counterpoint to speak of, the guitar plays whatever it likes at any moment while the drums occasionally settle into a steady rhythm and then go straight back to fills.

At best that song belongs in a N64 game menu screen, for character or level select.

Wanna know what it is? Check this idea out. Take the best Holdsworth solo and superimpose it over the backing track to the Swim to the Moon guitar solo jam by Between the Buried and Me. In other words make the background more exciting and the solo instantly becomes more exciting and it means something. Alan Holdsworth is a good guitarist that can't write music. Like all the other good guitarists. The music is boring as fuck. Very fucking boring. It makes his solos just as boring.

Technically the best? No, but amazing and totally unique

youtube.com/watch?v=SU71tDrOjfs

Please refer to:

youtube.com/watch?v=k0mRfECsHrc
my favourite solo ever

youtube.com/watch?v=EeuvZOEOaGw

The Velvet Underground didn't have a lot of guitar solos, but they sure made it count when they did.

I'm not a huge fan of overly technical solos. I like short, raw, distorted burst. Brian Jones' slide solos on the early stones stuff are some of my favorites

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8scHKFwr0og
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YE933b67Vc

whoops, forgot these

Belew is much more creative than him

Trust me I've listened to Holdsworth. I've watched his instructional videos too. I just don't like his music at all. It's boring. Very boring. Listen to Hermann Szobel. No guitars. Not even slightly related to Holdsworth but it's a great example of how you can show off some chops while making great music. You don't even notice the chops because the music is so musical. It's not about chops. It's about the music.

honestly you probably just don't listen to fusion or jazz at all if you can't hear the great melodicism and emotion in that solo

i mean it makes sense that if you mostly listen to rock and blues you'd find pentatonic/blues stuff to be the most "emotional"

good to see the boi Holdsworth getting some love on Sup Forums. amazing human who influenced many including zappa

dunno if anyone has posted this yet, but check out this conspiracy theory video claiming he's an alien or man from the future (he is VERY bizarre in interviews)

youtube.com/watch?v=o_HfyUpsx1o

holdsworth is a legend. i really dislike the tone/effects he uses for his chords though, way too synthy and 80s sounding to me.

his solo tone is incredible though, i don't even know how he gets it to sound like that. a compressor?

if you're talking about solos like in OP's song, he used the now-extinct 'synthaxe' during that era, basically a synth controller guitar with keys

keys as well as strings i should add

this v
youtube.com/watch?v=6GtbBmNEEWg

fucking dumb auto post

i meant to say this video always makes me laugh, it belongs on one of those 'aesthetic'/vaporwave meme pages

Oasis' solos are simple because Noel can't play any better.

>what is good music

nah i know about the synthaxe, i was just talking about his tone in live shows like tokyo dream or even more recent stuff with his regular electric

but i wonder if holdsworth still has any of his old synthaxes. i know they're delicate and hard to repair

Thanks for the recommendation. His style reminds me of Zappa.

Jerry's are great
youtube.com/watch?v=rgXO4mVTa5g