Why so many Sup Forums users take music so seriously, like it's a highly intellectual thing...

Why so many Sup Forums users take music so seriously, like it's a highly intellectual thing? Isn't music supposed to be entertainment and art?

Other urls found in this thread:

spookmagazine.com/time-for-some-grimes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's both actually, but it's also the least intellectual form of art

GTFO with this anti intellectual shit

Music can be anything it wants

>anti intellectual grimes fan
What a surprise

the thread is most likely for replies like this

well I guess if you've been listening to vapid dogshit such as Grimes this could probably be annoying

>can't get into her music
lol

>strawman
Try again, losers.

My taste in music is better than yours

Those aren't even strawmans

>>anti intellectual
*tips fedora*

By the way
>anti intellectual shit
Questioning the fact so many Sup Forumsdrones regard music as some highly intellectual thing it isn't an "anti intellectual shit". It's just a redpill.

They are. Instead staying on topic you picked the wrong target, a Grimes meme.

it CAN be the least intellectual form of art. there is plenty of music that would be considered "high art", just like not all film can be considered high art

Your Russian is showing

Now, off you fuck

>Why so many Sup Forums users take music so seriously, like it's a highly intellectual thing?
Whats wrong with taking things seriously? you realize that device you are posting on is because somebody took their life seriously to improve technology

> Isn't music supposed to be entertainment and art?
are you implying that if somebody likes free jazz that can't find enjoyment for that?
Are you that insecure?

U mad? U mad.

>you realize that device you are posting on is because somebody took their life seriously to improve technology
>implying science and technology have the same loose standards as art (where even a shitty painting could be considered a masterpiece)
Learn the difference between them. You're comparing "cars" with "beautiful".

art and science are both in sync right now
You would know this if you attended a good college.

I'm also part of what some people may call the "alt-right". Doesn't it feel punk as fuck?

>The thing with science is that it’s very flawed and kind of like running in a circle and not really getting anywhere. You can’t really trust what you’re discovering, whereas music isn’t that, it’s more humble. It’s something that’s emotional, but it’s not claiming anything. And it seems more truthful in the fact that it’s not literal and it’s not trying to come to a conclusion, but science always had that. I always got anxiety about that when I was studying. It was really beautiful and really interesting but like “half of this means nothing, there’s no way that I can actually trust this”, whereas with music it means nothing and that’s the point and you can rely on that and you can be like “I’m dedicating my life to this incredibly absurd thing that’s beauty is in its absurdity”.
spookmagazine.com/time-for-some-grimes/

Leave Can out of this motherfucker.