How could anyone possibly enjoy this?

How could anyone possibly enjoy this?

how could one not?

Because it's art. The phenomenon of art being ear-wormy is actually relatively recent- the beatles being really the ones who changed the music world from something you appreciate to something you simply listen to and "enjoy".

Art for me is not about being dance-y or cool, but is simply the process of an artist creating a vision and having the technical skill to pull it off, and IMO this album does it pretty well.

"Why don't you eat carrots" starts off with a harsh static, references the beatles and the rolling stones, as if to already form a constrast between them and that sound that they lived in, and launches into a really awkward melody which is frankly undance-able, but it does the job in that it puts you where the artist wants you in terms of feel for the art. You understand the direction of the artist, at least. The hushed talking also is IMO ASMR.

Meadow meal is the same story, but it also has a really nice while of guitar riffs added in, along with some interesting poetry and symbolism. The musique concrete of it really helps to drive the artist's vision home.

Personally, I don't care for Miss Fortune, but I'm sure other anons can explain why it's good to them.

by being extremely pretentious and thinking it makes you 'better' or more refined than other people for liking it

And your opinion evidently makes you entitled to be extremely pretentious and think you are better or more refined than other people for not liking it.

>tripfagging on an anonymous board

>giving a fuck about things that don't affect you

it couldn't be more relevant

yeah it could

Because, say it with me now

MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE

It's a fun album and not even hard to get.

How much of a pleb you have to be to think that Faust is inaccessible?

Don't forget that we have tens of Kanye and Grimes threads every single day. And don't forget that many people have problems with forming their own opinions.

It really could be, just fuck off with your complaining please

nope it's 100% relevant

It's got a lot going on with it, making it a fun engaging listen. Yeah I know that if you aren't used to this kind of music, it sounds kinda weird, even more so if you're used to rock music rather than electronic music that's based more on sounds than melodies (because this album has that element.)

I am kinda busy right now so I can't go super into detail but the album has elements of sampling, musique concrete, jazz, and rock n roll. An easy way to put it is like this. You know how prog rock and jazz has so many cool melodies, structures and what not, but doesn't really deliver that bad a variety of sounds? You know how an electronic music genre like Grime or Dubstep are composed of a large variety of sounds but as a result tend to have just a basic bass melody or something? This record is where you kinda combine the two and get a lot of cool rock riffs and complex jazzy structures but also a good variety of just sheer electronic sounds.

Just one last thing, I always feel that since the reference point to fully appreciate this album wasn't there in as much of a volume before its existence, that it's been an album that's definitely revisited and given more love as time went on. Also worth mentioning that nobody else in that scene even fucked with Musique Concrete to this level except Klaus Schulze on Irrlicht.

>The phenomenon of art being ear-wormy is actually relatively recent
This is wrong. There have been rules to art music since art was born. In the middle ages art music couldn't have specific intervals, because they were deemed too dissonant.

Hello bargain bin Friendo

If you're going to troll, then at least do something original. The "I use a trip and am a pretentious faggot" bit has been done to death by now, m8.

Continuing on from what this user said

Faust demonstrates its ability to blend the grotesque with the beautiful, the everyday with the transcendent into a catastrophic contradiction. The album is a summation of the human condition that is more accurate than any rational discussion.

The overall feeling is one of despair and loneliness. Throughout the album, sonic radiation overpowers the human element presenting a message of a physical and mental apocalypse, the inevitable end of humanity. With its final lines '..and at the end realise that/ nobody knows if it really happened,' Faust presents a poignant summary of the human adventure of admiration, wonder, doubt and fear.

Imagine thinking the Beatles invented catchy melodies.

I feel bad for anyone who likes Grimes or Death Grips but can't see the good in Faust.

Only a spoiled millennial could have that kind of tunnel vision.

Because it's the greatest rock album ever made?

How could you not enjoy it? It's not even super abrasive.

I see and hear this a lot among my friends and people on this board and, hilariously, it's at least a thousand times more pretentious than someone just saying "I like Faust's debut". You really don't see the irony in this?

>I don't like to represent what people say properly

Yeah, okay. Put your trip back on. You literally said "The concept of ear worm-y music is recent, the Beatles changed music from being something you appreciate to being something you simply enjoy" which is a load of horseshit. Fucking Mozart composed minuets for rich people and their gay dance parties for fuck's sake.

Because it's a fantastic album.

I actually like "Tapes" a bit more, though.