"'Captain America' Box Office: 'Civil War' Zooms Past 'Batman V Superman' For $940M Total"

>"'Captain America' Box Office: 'Civil War' Zooms Past 'Batman V Superman' For $940M Total"

ITS NOT FAIR

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/05/15/captain-america-box-office-civil-war-zooms-past-batman-v-superman-for-940m-total/#f2eb04a5502e

>"Captain America: Civil War leapfrogged past the likes of Batman v Superman ($870 million)"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2q_sHpsfbEo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They can and will. Hope you guys are looking forward to when Dr. Strange and Black Panther each outgross BvS.

DELETE THIS

>Cucked BvS in 2 weeks

Fucking kek

>A moment of silence for the DCucks, please

>Black Panther
>movie about WE WUZ
Nah, it will flop.

Obviously audiences dont know whats good for them

Still a better movie.

MY CAPESHIT MOVE MAKE MORE MONEYS THAN YOUR CAPESHIT MOVIE!!!

I WIN!!!!!

This. People are interested in diverse casts, not complete black movie. It might get 400-500 but it wont outgross BvS

WE CAN STILL DO IT BOYS
EVEN IF OUR MOVIES ARE FAILURES

So it'll get to $1bn, right?

I personally enjoy the Marvel movies and dislike Zack Snyder's directorial style, plus I enjoy mocking DC fans' stupid comic universe, so I am OK with this.

Has any company ever been mroe BTFO than DC?

>great villains
>only two flicks
>same villain in both films

>GotG will flop!
>Ant Man will flop!
>Civil War will be BTFO by BvS!

Sup Forums predictions never come true, you cucks. Get ready for that big black dick forcing its way into your anus.

The force awakens made a lot of money too and that was a huge steaming pile of shit.

BvS is still the superior film.

According to who?

>BvS is still the superior film.
Says who? Says you? Who are you and why does your personal opinion hold more weight than everyone elses?

The whole "MY MOVIE MADE MORE MONEY THAN YOUR MOVIE" trolling misses the point entirely.

Batman v Superman should have made a FUCKTON of money. It should have been the easiest billion dollars ever made. All Snyder had to do was be barely competent and the movie would have printed money.

But no, he fucked up. He raped the dog and shat all over the floor. We're free to mock him for that.

>Quiptain Ameriquip : Quip War barely makes $1 billion
> Jurassic World and Fast and Furious 7 both make $1.7 billion

capeshit is over.

>scottmendelson
Looks like the check cleared.

Civil War will make 1.2/1.3 easy

Avengers 3 will make 4 billion

Although I agree Force Awakens was over-rated as fuck In no way does this prove BvS was a better movie than Civil War.

Fox and Fantastic Four. Marvel TWICE took Human Torch from them (Evans as Cap and B Jordan as some villain for Black Panther movie).

Do the reviews prove its a better film? :^)

Avengers 2 made 1.4 billion. Civil War makes 1.2

its declining user, people are sick of a capeshit movie every 2 months.

Civil War wasn't billed/marketed as an Avengers movie.

Marvel will going into omega overdrive for the Avengers 3 marketing since it's the end of this whole run of films

Plus they'll probably pandering shit so it'll do massivly well in China

YO man!

Bring out the "Invincible Slut". Gif now!

>MCU film
>ever flopping
No one cares about the Thor movies and even those made big bank.

>all this DC damage control

KEK

Awwww, poor baby.

You still traumatized by this do ya ?

Read it exactly in Vageta's voice in my head
thanks for the chuckle

How was BvS going to save capekino again?

but it is. China isnt interested in Captain America, they went to see this for Iron Man and Spidey.

>Sup Forums thinking they are relevant

And who are you to speak for everyone else? Are you an avatar of an RT score? You cling to the opinions of the majority instead of making up your own? When it comes to films user, no one elses opinion matters, only yours. You are a sheep.

Keep clinging to box offices and scores instead of making your own opinions. Good day.

No big surprise. I can't imagine anyone but Snyder apologists paying to watch BvS again. It's over. It's making less than 100k daily now, it won't even beat Deadpool domestically.

Well superman wasn't the only villain in BvS, but basically, yeah

Reminder that it has also beaten BvS domestically.
At least according to google, it has made 360 million on the USA alone.

*ahem* Armond White not relevant now ?

It was a shit movie. The points the majority bring up are valid, hence why they are constantly being repeated.

Stop there, user.

The DCucks couldn't take that much in one day.

They still have to work in monday.

What records did BvS break

BvS has a lower:
>Metacritic critic score
>Metacritic user score
>box office total
>Rotten Tomatoes critic score
>Rotten Tomatoes user score
>Cinemascore
>IMDB score
There's no metric you can use to claim it's a better film, except for "I said so!"
It's OBJECTIVELY a worse film.

>Thanks for coming to Forbes. Please turn off your ad blocker in order to continue.
how about no

It's the highest grossing movie on a 30th of March that is also Wednesday.
Suck it up, Marveldrone.

Hello darkness my old friend
Ive come to talk with you again

This.

You can subjectively like BvS more, but objectively, Civil War is in every way superior.

>Obviously audiences dont know whats good for them

suuuuuuuuuure dude with superior inteligence

This is my problem with DC right now, it makes Marvel's job too easy.

Civil War wasn't even that good, but it was miles better than BvS, and that's all they need to be from now on.

All Marvel needs to do is be better than a kick in the groin, and capeshit can keep going on. Thanks a lot DC.

Because it opened everywhere at once. Which was one of the few smart decisions WB made with this movie. They knew bad word of mouth was going to kill it.

>Sucker Punch - theatrical cut - confusing kiddie friendly bullshit
>Sucker Punch - Directors Cut - Adult Kino

Snyder is the new Ridley Scott. the studio butchers his art and he releases the true vision a year later.

Batman V Superman X Rated 4 hour edition will make Marvels Quipfests seems like kindergarden faggotry.

>Stan and Chris laughing at the Sad Affleck video

youtube.com/watch?v=2q_sHpsfbEo
MEME MAGIC!

>The whole "MY MOVIE MADE MORE MONEY THAN YOUR MOVIE" trolling misses the point entirely.
>Batman v Superman should have made a FUCKTON of money. It should have been the easiest billion dollars ever made. All Snyder had to do was be barely competent and the movie would have printed money.
>But no, he fucked up. He raped the dog and shat all over the floor. We're free to mock him for that.

agree, first time of superman, batman and wonder woman on screen should had 1 billion at least.

>a movie that is literally called "Batman V Superman" is being outgrossed by a Captain America film"
Madness.

> capeshit is over
Movie is at 900mil after being out in US only a week
Stay mad faggot

They pretty much aware when the test audiences shit on it.

That is also why they put the reviews embargo.

>vengers 2 made 1.4 billion. Civil War makes 1.2
>its declining user, people are sick of a capeshit movie every 2 months.

it can't decline. civil war still the third installment from captain america and not the 3rd avengers;
as long as it does profit superhero movies will keep getting done.

Not true. If other cape movies keep being badly received, MCU has to make up for that disappointment and ensure the audience doesn't grow bored. They want to be on top of course, but other studios making good movies within the genre keeps the hype and excitement in the audience alive.

No one ever said they would flop. Except Ant Man

You might agree with a reviewer or not, but whatever his/herview on a movie is, it shouldn't define mine or yours. Also, how many of those images do you have saved for every occasion?

A movie is a personal experience user, whether your view falls on the majority or in the minority it shouldn't give it more weight. Because what good would your own mind be watching a film if only what the majority says matters?

Star Wars was a bad experience for me yet it is widely praised, should I just say it was great because of everyone else?

I absolutely saw people talking about how GotG would flop on this board.

No solo film will make that kind of money except maybe a captain america 4 or iron man 4. Though guardians 2 might just crack the barrier. Expect 400-600 million for bp and doc unless they get 90%+ on rt, then maybe 700-800 million

I remember people definitely saying that GoTG was flopping.

>outgrossed by a stelth Avengers 2.5 film
fixed

As much as I hate all capeshit there's a good reason and it's simple maths and numbers.

Capitan Murica has infinitely more explosions.

/thread

shit movies like Fast and Furious, Frozen and Minions make more money than capeshit now. its over faggots.

>BvS is teased
>Looks pretty bad
>n-n-no, just wait, you'll see, critics will love it!
>BvS is critically panned
>B-b-but the audiences will love it! Just you watch, the reviewers don't matter!
>Audience reviews are mediocre, response is tepid
>I-i-it's a polarizing film! Us true kino appreciators love it, the Marvelcucks who love eating shit hate it! But don't worry, it'll make billions off of us true believers and appreciators of art!
>It does OK at the box office, but not as well as hoped. Most Marvel movies outstrip it, and the industry generally considers it to be a failure
>Who cares about money? It's still better! Because reasons!

So, where do you go now? What's the argument to defend the film? Does one even exist, or have you reached the last state of loss, and come to accept that BvS was shit?

Why do you assume anons aren't voicing their actual opinion? Do you think people are having a laugh over the bad ratings because they secretly thought the movie was good?

You're entitled to think the movie was good, but you sound like a buttmad DCuck accusing everyone of 'following the masses' when they're simply laughing at Snyder getting the shit he deserves.

Itll break 1bn by thursday, and another 100 million by next sunday

No way. Did you watch BvS? The last 30 minutes are NOTHING but explosions.

Yes, basically GotG were a literally "Who?" even in comics, I'm a Marvel fan and I was expecting maybe not a flop but a mediocre result like Thor or Hulk movies. I was shocked it perfomed so well, even better than Cap movies.

It's simple EPM = >$
Explosions Per Minute = more monies

Zod's snapped neck

They always goes around denial and anger.

When they will hit the bargaining stage ?

>tfw you'll never get to hang out with Chris Evans and have some banter over a couple of beers

Holy shit these ridiculous questions

Are chinks autistic?

>I bet Suicide Squad will be fine!!!!!!
>Jaroker will save us!!!!!
>I'm sure they will kick Snyder after JL!!!!
They are hitting since couple days ago.

Suicide Squad probably will be fine. Unfortunately for WB, "fine" isn't good enough and they really need a home run to stay competitive in the capeshit department.

>80% on RT they said
>The audiences will love it, 92% at least!
>It's SUPERMAN V BATMAN, the billions is GUARANTEED!
>It might beat Avengers, or even Star Wars!!

>Can't beat Deadpool domestically.
>BTFO by CW in less than a month.
>27%

How huge would a shitstorm at Sup Forums be when Civil War crosses billion mark and outgrosses IM3?

>it will literally make a billion by the end of this week
Can't DCcucks catch a break?

>>It's SUPERMAN V BATMAN, the billion is GUARANTEED!
The sad thing is it could easily have gotten the billion with those IP's and how hyped it was. It just needed to be 'okay'.

Doubtful, Iron Man 3 opened in more theaters than Civil War so it'll be tough. I wonder why Disney gave it a smaller international release?

It'll generate a lot more Laughing Evans, that's for sure.

Nobody cares

They probably knew it would suffer from the bad reviews BvS was getting and hurt the box office so why spend the extra money

> I wonder why Disney gave it a smaller international release?
Iron Man sells better in some countries because he doesn't have AMERICA in the title of his movies.

>It's OBJECTIVELY a worse film.

No such thing.

i wonder if cinemasins jeremy has a response to this

i remember he did a 'dear hollywood' saying that a batman/superman movie would kill marvel at the boxoffice

The really sad thing is that not only Superman IP got a severe hit in the eyes of general audience, DC brand in general was hit hard as well.

If movie does good, next movie of the same brand will likely have a good pull for audience which Marvel demonstrated. Unfortunately the reverse nis very much true as well - if movie does badly, consequences for the next movies of the same brand will be very noticeable.

Expect some very troubling news for SS, WW and JL regardless of their actual quality

Superman has been in 3 straight dog shit films

The character is dead