Can some kind user(s) please explain what KINO is? This is Sup Forums's buzz phrase of 2016...

Can some kind user(s) please explain what KINO is? This is Sup Forums's buzz phrase of 2016, and I have no idea why it's so pulsar. .... mainly because it's an unknown term to me. No other form of media I regularly ingest says, or has said, this term.

tl;dr - what is Kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

blitz-cinestar.hr/cinestar-zagreb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what is Kino?
Slav word for cinema.
Try google translate if you don't believe me.

BUMP

Don't rush it, lad, it will come to you naturally one day when you're ready if you just keep watching films

It will just pop into your mind like "oh I get it! This is kino, this is cinematographe"

literally german word for cinema or movie theater.

Autists started using it so they could pretend to feel smart.

literally cried tears of joy first time i experienced kino

Not everyone can differentiate between Kino and mere films. If you really pay attention and analyze, maybe you'll be one of the lucky few.

Cinema < Cinéma < Kino < Кинo

Examples of the meme

as a german everytime you use the word kino i feel culturally attacked, pls consider this in the future

>2016

I've been seeing this shit since late 2015 it just picked up recently because autism

Hello ! :^)
Are you new here ?
It's a meme and Sup Forums loves memes !
Most of them are crossboarders from Sup Forums, they love memes too !
Also expect to talk about cinema or tv shows here.

See you next time user !

Sup Forums is incapable of actual memes so they just repeat things until it loses all meaning

Literally, it means cinema.

On Sup Forums it means films with good cinematography and meaningful storytelling. Films where you can tell a lot of passion went into the production. Usually critically acclaimed but perhaps underappreciated by the masses.

this. baka desu senpai

I thought it was a replacement for the word "shit"
"Cape kino"????? I mean I assumed the mods on here blocked capeshit as a thing

It's everything that can be described as SOPHISTICATED

I believe the term is used because only the most sophisticated stuff from behind the iron curtain reached the western audience and there the term was always kino. So the word changed meaning within Sup Forums to mean sophisticated ,even though in reality there was a lot of shlock there too.

I have been posting for weeks under the same assumption desu.
Is this wrong?

Stupid fuck buzzword that idiots use.

Yes, it's literally the opposite of what it means.

The fact that you could use the term for weeks without noticing is telling about the amount of actual film discussion that goes on here.

a "kino" is a higher form of art that transcends the body and feeds the soul

Croatian word for cinema. I know because I'm Croatian.

Stop saying kino.

blitz-cinestar.hr/cinestar-zagreb

Pretty rich you guys talking about attacking cultures

kino is 2016's "arrow to the knee"

please tell reddit all about it so they can drive it into the ground

This is kino

Or sarcasm is more subtle than I ever though possible.

Slavic word for cinema.

Something to do with Russians and Polish making top quality shit while the west scratches it's head trying to figure out how to squeeze more cuckoldry into their movies

seriously it doesn't mean capeshit?

Its a type of photoplay. Moving images, often black&white, silent, ambiguous, hard to follow. Sometimes the photosèrié or truekino will be without name, author or release date. One time I was watching a blurry black and white series of images and a large dialogue appeared onscreen 'THIS IS KINO'. It was beautiful.