Ask a man who lives in Shetland anything, A place where Britain left behind in the 70s before it got shit

Ask a man who lives in Shetland anything, A place where Britain left behind in the 70s before it got shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/gallery/7BE7v
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why pokemong go not runing?

Because Shetland isn't fucking shit

why don't you all group up and go invade the Faroe Islands?

What up with those ponies?

I think Orkney is out current target.

Dude I don't even know, I think they evolved to be easier to fuck for the locals

Yes fellow scotfag how were the storms up there?

Hottest day o the year yesterday! I'ts starting to come shite again nae doot

Why you still there?

It's a solitude to most of the world, wouldn't be any where else

Fuck aye we hud it absolutely pishin doon the day when yesterday it wis hot as anythin

goin doon tae edinburgh for the week, any use this time? total fucking tourist trap i wid imagine

oh dear, and already we have the idiots typing in dialect.

you do realise you make Scotland look like a bunch of illiterate idiots unable to spell our language, and are a disgrace to the county?
You don't get t' Yorkshire people talkin bout treadle out o' skew down t' pit, or the likes. But every Scottish thread, you have to start acting like you are unable to write.

You're an embarrassment to this nation.

Why you make up a country ?

what sort of internet connections you have available? is it extremely slow or have they bothered running underwater cable?

What do you do for living?

see all, 'ear all, seh nowt
sup all, ayt all, peh nowt
an if ivver thee does owt fer nowt allus do it fer thissen lad!

How close or how far from your plce is you next neighbor?

Do you have and use a car on the island?

I partly agree, But being from Shetland we have a completely different dialect that most people can't even understand. But fuck sakes you don't half represent Scotland going off on someone for speaking the dialect, You're why everyone thinks scotland is a bunch of cunts, now fuck off with the grammar checks you fucking pansy. Sound like a fucking Pommy prick.

I thought it was to entertain the English as thanks for all they've done for you historically.

How often do you visit the main island (I.e. the normal Scotland?)

We have only recently got fiber optic, I can get 2 Mb/sec on a good day, 3 years ago it was at around 600 Kb/sec

Ken likesay them fuckin Americans wi their fancy cameras "ooh look baby Edinburgh castle" it's like mon hen there's more tae the place than a fuckin castle

What? We have jobs like everyone else. I'm an engineer on an oil rig personally

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Are you married?

Mon then ya prick

Ever fucked a pony?

I live in a small village I live in a detached house so the neighbours on either side are a fer meters. Some peoples neighbours are miles away though

Really? Thats fucked up

Do you speak Gaelic in your family or only English?

Gonna take this as bait

Would you rather be scandinavian (danish?)

Awrite therr ya daft sheep-shagger? I'm a weegie, God's own city... tell me - is Shetland full of Pakis and Romanian beggars these days?

Once a year, do a shopping trip and just get a break

Fuck sakes, commy cunts eh

Gaelic tends more to the western isles, it's big on Skye
>speaking as a westerner with little knowledge of Shetland

>lives in a place before britain was shit
>shitland

My family go back to Germanic/Scandinavian and on the other side back to the picts. I like to think i'm a full northerner

I have a gf

What's your view on Brexit?

the shetlands, the faroes, the hebrides and others may not be super economic powerhouses and very insular, but they are among the most beautiful, unspoilt places left on earth and their celtic/nordic/germanic heritage has yet to be lost and chopped up the way britain is becoming

also, i don't think you have a lot of lesser peoples coming in and mucking about, right?

count your blessings and remember always not to take it for granted. beautiful things don't last forever, op....

Nah we fuck sheep here

nah we speak english in a really strong dialect.

I would yeah, I'm patriotic towards Scotland but norse mythology is something that interests me more

you sure you lot ain't WELSH then lol !?

Weegie, is Glasgow full of paki scum?

No, we have the odd pollish cunt but it's still good

Saw this one coming

I don't really think much about politics, because whatever happens Shetland will stay much the same

How much does a nice house go for? How is the school system for kids?

Couldn't have put it better myself /thread

haha yeah there's just the one similarity

The Shields and Govanhill are overrun, but my district is white. I predict that in 2 years, though, you Shetlanders will have a Romanian female beggar on every street corner.

A nice 3 bedroom house with large garden would be around 170,000?

I fear you're right, it has been getting worse

Thanks, OP. Nice AMA. You should do "A day in the life ..." on imgur. It's a short photo series giving insight how people live in various parts of the world. Here's an resample from a guy on the outer Hebrides: m.imgur.com/gallery/7BE7v

Are you religious? What religion, if any?

Saw that a week a go yeah, I've always thought about it but I think now that guy has done it it won't be as popular, My life is actually much the same just a but more populated

Not bad! Unspoilt beauty and affordable real estate!

The school system I believe has been rated the best in scotland, Theres around 10 primary schools (population of 25,000) and a great high school, with great colleges as well

That's all a person can ask for these days! The Scottish islands really are wonderful

Perfect, if you happen to be a rich hermit

Was out doing jazz on Skye last week, the scenery is second to none

The thing is the Scottish islands all look quite similar, if you liked Skye you'll like Shetland!

Oy mate, how many niggers and pakis do you have in Shetland?

Sooth Moothers...

How fair is Fair Isle?

REEEEE soz lad. Didn't realise this had already been asked.

Do you still have Viking festivals up there?

The female population is lower. 1/10 wouldn't visit.

>our language
Your language should be Gaelic, no?
And a century ago it was a form of Icelandic.

Care to explain how all that changed?

Gaelic is not Shetland dialect.
Shetland has a lot of Norse words and influence from Vikings. The island belonged to Norway until a couple of hundred years ago, when it was given back to Scotland.

Do a google search of "up helly aa"

pretty fucking unfair

It used to belong to Norway, then some king sold it as a wedding gift, and things went from there

Biggest fire festival in europe

A bunch of hairy men burning things and getting hammered.

The school system IS the best in Scotland and certainly one of the best in the UK overall.

/thread kiddos I'm going to sleep, reek hell if you want

Gaelic is a fucking INDIAN language derived from ancient Aryan (and I am not talking Hitler style 'Aryan' here). Welsh gailic-speaking soldiers were able to converse with tribes in the Himalayas who had only came into contact with whites in the 19th century. Fuck that gibberish, and fuck trying to pin it to Scotland. Gailic is sheepshagger talk.

You are aware that Scottish BBC [sic] has been doing a series called Shetland, yes? How accurately would you say they've been depicting your islands?

So why is it that your English sounds more Irish than Scottish?

is this a tax haven too?

Move to the Faroe. As a dane I know how much money they waste and how little they generate.

Not even close. The scenery is obviously real, as it it filmed in Shetland. But the crime rate in Shetland is zero. A cat in a tree makes the front page. The actors do not talk with a Shetland accent either.